• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 12 October 2003 - 07:55 PM

Ok, I think we should have a memorial for our previous admin, so far I have created a new member group called "Legends" where they will be remembered and still be able to stop by now and then if they want. if you have any additional ideas then post them, I have a few more of my own, but I'd like to hear others. B)

we will also use this:

Hello to all you loyal Universal Casio Network Members.

There comes a time and a place to end all good things in life.  We, the original crew, believe it is now a time to end our reign.  We are handing over this vast information library and resource that we have slowly, gradually, and efficiently built up over time from a once semi-abandoned scattered Casio community.  However you look at it, even if you don't like us, you have to agree that me (Simprobe), bytefish, and killer83z were a very big benefit to the Casio community - especially in its overall goal of unification.  What you have seen and hopefully will continue to see before you is the hard work of dedicated people, and faithful admin crews.  Sure, this may sound slightly selfish and self-centered, but in reality.. we do deserve allot of credit, among others that are staying to guide the remaining Casio community in the correct direction with the proper position and ideas.  All that we ask of you, is to keep our memory alive.  Remember what we did for you, all the hard work that we put in for all of you.  All the time and not to mention money involved.  Pass on the memory to new members, or have some sort of history of the Casio Community.. of it's unification, of its roots.  That is all that I ask of you, simple and straight forward.  On my behalf, I wish all of you a wonderful new host, and hope that 2072 can fulfill all your needs with as much dedication as we once had.  Times have changed, people have changed, and we feel it our duty to go ahead, leave, and hand over this concept and creation of ours to a younger generation, who will modify and mold it based on their needs.  I can truly say that, however embarrassing this sounds, leaving the ucn does bring emotion into my soul..  Yes.. I may have shed a tear or two, due to all the labor invested and all my alliances and friends on the forum.  Sadly enough, the majority of the original crew have gone, into the abyss, never to return.  They abandoned us, and unlike us, I hope that some of you will remain with greater loyalty.  Please appreciate everything that was lost and cherished.  This goodbye is very hard for me to write, due to factors some of you all will never understand.  Sure it is pitiful to create an attachment to something virtual.. but .. you have to understand.. what you see as virtual is very real to us, it encompasses our friends, our ideas, our dedications, and our loyalties. It encompasses a good portion of our lives, and contains many memories that will forever live a lifetime, and also built relationships with people around the world that form to grow and enlarge.  I am very sorry for leave you all, but hopefully this will explain our view points.  On a happier note, let me end this with wishing all of you remaining a wonderful time with the "UNIVERSAL CASIO NETWORK", hopefully that will last for generations to come. 

Questions / Comments about this, feel free to talk to me on AIM: simprobe3 or email me at simprobe AT mail.ru.  I would appreciate any feedback that you wish to offer.

We will miss you,
"Simprobe", "Bytefish", "Killer83Z"  - Your past admins

#2 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking & Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool & Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 13 October 2003 - 08:30 AM

i think the legends group is a great idea, but what about you? you have been on this formon for yonks, and have got a supreem post count. maybe you should be in the legends group?

#3 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 13 October 2003 - 09:10 AM

A living legend? nope.
I think it is a great idea to remember the ppl. that left us. (And crimson as admin makes him important enough i think :))

#4 casiokingdom

casiokingdom

UCF BASIC Programming 2nd Place

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS WE, fx-9860G AU

Posted 13 October 2003 - 10:13 AM

Well, i think Crimson will be in the legends group in the future. Maybe when he leaves the UCF with a good reputation. Anyway, i think Crimson is great enough. You don't have to be in the legend group to be a legend.

BTW: Crimson, what happened to your story about the UCF? Also, how's your hosting plans going?

#5 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 13 October 2003 - 04:18 PM

I agree, you have to leave to be a Legend, we will also set up some rules for being elected to legendary status but not right now. as for the rest, I'm working on it, but it might be a little bit as I have lots of work to doo right now... I'll keep you updated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users