Ooze26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:
    algebra fx 2.0;fx-7700GBus

Posted 23 October 2003 - 11:41 PM

hi there !glad this forum is back!i have two questions:
-i got an algebra fx 2.0 and i downloaded the Casio Add-in installer because i wanted some cool add-ins i saw like put my calc. working with portuguese language!the problem is that i have the cable connected and it works fine with FA-123 but with the Casio add-in it?s always saying communication error!!i don?t get it!!why?s that??it works fine with FA-123 so it?s not from the cable or something!!can someone help??

-2nd-i need to pass some huge text to my calculator and i found a program to convert .txt files into .cat but my issue here is that in that text i need to use greek characters.well the program converts the txt all the same but in the calculator those characters just don?t show up!!i needed this so bad so if any of you guys know a way around this help me please!!!!!!!!thanks in advance!!!! :)

P.S.->CrimsonCasio i went to your site but when i choose programs or games it shows me an 404 error page!!is it down?cool site there m8!!! :rock:

P.S2->sorry if the english is bad it?s not my native language!!! :D

#2 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 24 October 2003 - 03:14 AM

unfortunately I've only been working on my site for a few days, I havent had time to finish yet. currently only the links and classpad section is working at all, the rest is under construction. By the way, I've decided that my site wont be just another archive, instead it will feature only the best games and programs available for each model (for the classpad I'm counting that as everything currently).

as to your other problem, I dont think that the AFX can display greek characters... perhaps you could save it as a image?

#3 Ooze26

Ooze26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:00 PM

yes i can save it as an image but how do i pass it to the calculator!i got a program but it doesn?t work!!help please i really need it!! :(

#4 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:15 PM

hey andy, can you send him the FlashCom tutorial? I think that will help.

Ooze: you need to put sysxplr (or another explorer) on your calc and link it to the menu, then you can use it to view the picture.

#5 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking & Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool & Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 29 October 2003 - 08:29 PM

sure, the AIP (you may need this, and even if you dont for this, its useful, i use it all the time) is here :
AIP just click on the AIP

and the tutorial is here:
FlashCOM

enjoy! :D

#6 Ooze26

Ooze26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 31 October 2003 - 05:59 PM

wow thanks a lot both!!i will try this ASAP!!!thanks!!you rock!! :rock:

#7 Ooze26

Ooze26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 31 October 2003 - 07:57 PM

oh man it doesn?t work!i have to put the flash com in windows 98 compatibility mode and it transmits the file but then after i press the "MENU" key nothing happens!!and the one to make my machine work with portuguese language gives me an error at the end so i retry and nothing happens either!!i think i?m about to quit!!but thanks a lot for your help and support!!!you guys rule!! :)

#8 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 31 October 2003 - 08:27 PM

hmm, thats odd... I run XP so I cant help you there, andy do you run 98 by any chance? or anybody else that uses flashcom?

Ooze, your not uploading a empty system file are you? :/

#9 Ooze26

Ooze26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 31 October 2003 - 08:49 PM

no!! :lol: i?m running XP to but i have to put it in 98 compatibility mode to work!!dunno why! :blink:

for instance i?ve downloaded the MGS-demo from a thread here i transmit the files completly following the steps from your tutorial after that i press menu and nothing happens and it shows the program list empty!!i don?t get!do i have to create a new prog before i can do this???help me please!you?re the master!! :)

#10 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 31 October 2003 - 09:08 PM

oh, i see what your doing... you need to read the tutorial more carefully :rolleyes:

first go to andy's site and get sysexpl (casiofortissimo.co.nr), now you need to get the system file from your calculator (read in the tutorial) and add an icon. this is explained in the tutorial so you should be able to do it from that. take a closer look and try agin, the new programs wont appear in the PGRM menu, they will instead appear on the main menu (if you just link the explorer to the menu you will have to run all the other programs from the explorer).

#11 Ooze26

Ooze26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 31 October 2003 - 10:19 PM

ok i will try that!!thanks m8!! :D

#12 Ooze26

Ooze26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 01 November 2003 - 01:39 AM

everything works fine now!!except 2 things!!(sorry!! :D )i can?t delete the programs and the add-ins don?t work!!the ones from the official site!!i wanna install the one with differential equations but no can do!!perhaps just with add-in installer no??but i?m very very happy with what i have right now!!thanks for your help!!i really appreciated it!! :thumbsup:

#13 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 01 November 2003 - 01:55 AM

I'm glad its working, and yeah, you do need the Add-in Installer to install many of the Official Programs. how ever, flashcom and the add-in installer can have problems so you should use the Add-in installer first, then use FlashCom. also, for each add-in you install with the add-in installer you lose a drive you can use with flashcom (ex: 1 add-in takes up all of drive L)

#14 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • 1547 posts
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:

Posted 01 November 2003 - 10:42 AM

sorrt, i got 2 this post quite l8, ive been at wrk :motz: ! but no, i run XP too, and im glad the tutorial has helped, any feedback on it? bits that need to be changed?

#15 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 01 November 2003 - 03:06 PM

I think we have it sorted out, looks like your tutorial survived its first test andy :D

#16 Ooze26

Ooze26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 01 November 2003 - 04:44 PM

yes he did!!thank you guys!!i had the problem of transmiting only but i followed crimsoncasio instructions by pm and it worked fine!!if i use a picture i can use it as an exe file no!?i?ll try it!!anyway everything?s working fine now thanks to you and that simple and very good tutorial!!!cheers for you guys!!! :D :D

#17 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 01 November 2003 - 04:53 PM

just upload a bitmap and use sysexplor to view it (just like you would run a program).

#18 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • 1547 posts
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:

Posted 01 November 2003 - 07:38 PM

:D glad you like the tutorial

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users