• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moo

Moo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:50 AM

I have a couple more questions. First off, can I use a link cable made by TI to link to my casio? Secondly, where can I get a program to send the files? Lastly is there any programs that converts .txt to whatever a casio file is for a fx-7400G Plus? Thanks in advance

#2 Casto Productions

Casto Productions

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:
    TI-83, TI-86, CFX-9850, AFX2.0

Posted 14 November 2003 - 01:13 AM

First: No, the cable that works with the TI's does not work with the casio calc. There are several internet companies that will make the cable for you and ship it to you for fairly cheap. I don't have the web addresses right with me at the moment though. However, do NOT buy it from Casio.com, they will charge you over 100.00 dollars and I think I paid less than 15.00.
Second: One of the programs is the one Casio put out itself and is available at many of the sites that the users here maintain. One that I can name off the top of my head is http://geocities.com/algebrafx2. You could try the casio.com homepage, it will take a little searching but you are looking for software called FA-123.
Third: There have been some programs in the past that claimed they would convert .txt files into the format for transmitting (.cat), but I have not heard a whole lot of success stories with those, you may just have to retype them into the FA-123 software. :banghead: Not sure though.

------EDIT---------
The website I mentioned above is now http://algebrafx2.earthforge.com/

#3 casiokingdom

casiokingdom

UCF BASIC Programming 2nd Place

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS WE, fx-9860G AU

Posted 14 November 2003 - 02:35 AM

Moo, if you want a site that sells cheap links cables, go to this Australian site which also sends them overseas, name Charlie Watson. I bought my cable here and is only like Aust $45 (US$20).

#4 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking & Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool & Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:48 PM

if yopu want to have a go at building your own link cables, check out my site, and i and many others will be happy to help with any problems, tho if u follow the guides on my site, there shouldnt be any problems atall :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users