1) First off, we're resurrecting the #casiocalc IRC. Now you can spam there all you want.... just kidding. To access it, you can simply click on the image in my sig below. Please be sure to not abuse and flame other people. IRC is for casual discussion. Trolls are not welcomed also. Please act responsibly, if we see anything (being an imposter, harassing people, saying CASIO sucks hard, etc.) you will be kicked. Currently the only Sysop is me as of now. If my name is on the list and I am not authenticated by X3 as a Sysop, it's likely an imposter.
2) Second, I would like to talk about an Awards system. I was thinking about something like this:
- Citizenship - Given to those who participate on the forums frequently and have an good effect on the community
- Benevolence - Given to those who are warmhearted and friendly to others
- Community Service - Given to those who help integrate and destroy barriers (language translators, etc.)
- Ultimate Nerd - Given to those who demonstrate their intelligence and wiseness
We should also have KAY (Killer App of the Year) award. All programs submitted into the FileShare of this year would be eligible. The community will then vote for their favorite program.
3) And finally, we are going to expand the Free Hot Topics forum to include more categories such as humor, science and technology. Hopefully, this would make this site more cozy. You can view the new subforums now: http://www.casiocalc.org/?showforum=12
So yeah, these are some big changes. We would like to hear your thoughts and look forward to hearing your feedback.