#1 ploboo

ploboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-92

Posted 30 November 2003 - 01:04 PM

I'm currently in possession of a Casio FX-92 Coll?ge New +, which I'm seeking some information on. In fact I own a Casio calculator circa 1981, which I'd be using except that it's in Australia and I'm in France. The problem is that I have no manual for it and it seems that it may be a model peculiar to France. I've searched the official Casio web-site and downloaded a few manuals, but none seem to exactly correspond to the FX-92.

I've also searched French forums, but none have pointed me in the direction of a specific manual for the FX-92.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any provided.

:ph34r:

#2 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 30 November 2003 - 02:57 PM

That's the most weird thing I've ever seen.
The calculator seem to not even exist on their official site, I already failed to find any scientific or graphing calculators on the french CASIO site (what really made me angry is that I couldn't find a search function on their site like I used to do).

But I managed to get a picture of it from one of the sites, and it's probably one of these two:
fx-83MS or fx-95MS, but I suggest the first one.

Here are the links for their manuals:

http://ftp.casio.co....300_Dtype_F.pdf
http://ftp.casio.co....5MS_991MS_F.pdf

#3 Overlord

Overlord

Casio Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Math Researcher

• Calculators:
    My head - C300 OS 3.00 - G100 Rom 1.02 - G65 - G60 - G25

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:05 PM

i have two fx92 college but i don't know if i have the manuals... (and it's in french)

#4 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0+ : CFX-9850 GB Plus : TI-81

Posted 30 November 2003 - 08:02 PM

try this site... http://www.silrun.info/ and this one also... http://www.rskey.org/

#5 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:29 AM

if you absolutely cant find it I can ask Casio if they have a place you can find it.

#6 ploboo

ploboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-92

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the replies. Mohamed, I'm glad someone else finds it bizarre that it's not mentioned on the official French Casio site. I mean it's a calculator that I can walk in and buy from Carrefour - a chain of huge French department stores - for 17?. But then again, in a few days of searching the net I haven't seen the FX-92 mentioned in any list of Casio calculators. Lots of mentions in French forums as being a good pocket calculator, but usually balanced by another remark that it can't play games. It seems to be runt of the litter that no one really wants to talk about, especially Casio. Not programmable, no graph, no games, best not to talk about it, we'll just put in the stores and leave it to fare for itself.

Thanks for the sites Bob, but I checked them and no FX-92.

Thanks for the offer CrimsonCasio, if you want to go ahead, but I think I'll send an email to Casio anyway.

Overlord, now that's bizarre, because on a French site a guy said he had the manual but he found it wasn't much good, and even less so for him because it was in English. I'm almost tempted to rip open the pack in Carrefour and have a look at the manual. Did you buy the calculators in France? I'm still under the belief that it's a model peculiar to France.

Anyway, it's been a learning experience, a bit's changed since 1981 with calculators, not as many beads.

#7 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking & Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool & Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:18 PM

well, if it makes you feel any better, it isnt available here in england either. ;)

#8 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:21 PM

have you looked at the manual for the FX-95, mabey its close enough to warant having one manual for both.

http://ftp.casio.co....5MS_991MS_E.pdf

#9 Overlord

Overlord

Casio Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 December 2003 - 08:33 AM

ploboo > i won them in Belgium.
(and i think the manual is also in Dutch but who wants a Dutch manual...)

#10 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 03 December 2003 - 06:42 PM

have you looked at the manual for the FX-95, mabey its close enough to warant having one manual for both.

http://ftp.casio.co....5MS_991MS_E.pdf

I have already gave him that link but he didn't say whether it worked or not!
ploobo, is this the FX-95?

BTW: We have Carrefour here in Egypt! :)

#11 ploboo

ploboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-92

Posted 03 December 2003 - 08:30 PM

Sorry Mohamed, but I'd already found those links, I should have acknowledged it. You are right though, they are the ones that most closely resemble the FX-92, and I've been able to sort out quite a few functions. But some keys don't correspond at all to what's in those manuals. For instance there's a key with "?R", and another with "Y".

Interesting to hear you've got Carrefour in Egypt, they got any FX-92's? They're the type of place where you can get just about anything you want in the one store. We don't have anything like it on that scale in Australia, in the one store that is. The one I go to has about 75 check-outs and it's a fearsome sight come Saturday when everyone decides to do their shopping as well as buy that extra pool, tv, room, etc. Carrefour means crossroads in French.

Overlord, I was wondering why you had two, but then after seeing the amount of interest in Casio calculators across the net, I just assumed it was normal to have an extra one or five in case the first blew up.

#12 Overlord

Overlord

Casio Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:05 PM

you never had a double low battery just before an exam (2 calcs / 3 neutralized !) :lol:
hopefully i had the third with me...

#13 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:24 AM

They're the type of place where you can get just about anything you want in the one store.

no no no, that is not exactly true: you can get just about anything but what you want ;) (I have a strong experience in carrefour)

#14 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:27 AM

:lol: kinda like legos, you can find every peice but the one you want... and its always the one you just had :profanity:

i e-mail casio but no response yet, I'll let you know.

#15 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0+ : CFX-9850 GB Plus : TI-81

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:02 AM

kinda like legos, you can find every peice but the one you want... and its always the one you just had

lol :lol:

#16 Overlord

Overlord

Casio Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:07 PM

:lol: kinda like legos, you can find every peice but the one you want... and its always the one you just had :profanity:

i e-mail casio but no response yet, I'll let you know.

yeah, we had about 16 pieces of 1x1 miniblocks and when i need them : HUH ? hadn't we miniblocks ? it's impossible ! there are no one on the robot !!! oh not important i'll juste stole one from the other group... 'standard exchange system'

#17 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking & Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool & Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:58 PM

lol, too true, there are never the bricks you want :blink:

#18 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:16 PM

I just got a reply from casio, they cant find one either but they have sent an e-mail to japan... they also want to know if you need it in french or can it be in another language?

#19 ploboo

ploboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-92

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:53 AM

Hey Man,

That's great. English preferably, but French would be fine as well. Thanks for doing that as I still haven't got around to emailing Casio yet. There will be a few happy punters in France as well if they can get it for you, because on the French boards a few people have asked as well. But the best anyone could advise is exactly what you guys have told me, to find a manual close to the ones available.

Regards,

Ploboo.

#20 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:01 AM

hey, casio just contacted me again, I'm going to e-mail you an address you can contact someone at casio (who is working on your problem already), she needs some information from you to send you a manual.

#21 ploboo

ploboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-92

Posted 13 December 2003 - 02:32 PM

Thank you again,

So here's my email //ploboo AT yahoo.com.au" target="_blank">address - much appreciated. Maybe they'll send a helicopter and I'll be like treated like a VIP because Casio suddenly realized what an incredible oversight it was not to have this particular manual available. It'll be like Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory, all the calculators I can eat!!!

But serioulsy, I'm getting a little ahead of my self. If they do send a chopper, I'll tell them to redirect it to your place Crimson.

And as I've just learned how to embed hyperlinks I'll practise one here. Although you won't find any calculators on the site, you'll see that he's calculating to help clean the trash out of the Maison Blanche.

Ploboo.

#22 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:08 PM

I already sent you an e-mail with the address you registered with the forum, if you didnt get that tell me and i'll send it to the address you just posted.

#23 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:52 PM

Michael Moore rulez!

Best american author (at least of informational books) ever!
He has a great style!

#24 ploboo

ploboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-92

Posted 15 December 2003 - 08:52 AM

Got your email, thanks Crimson.

#25 ploboo

ploboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-92

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:30 PM

Good news everyone, thanks to your help Crimson Casio and the good people of Casio, I am now in possession of a PDF manual for the FX-92. If anyone would like a copy, email me. The person who helped me said that it had been created not long ago, so perhaps it's on a site and downloadable somewhere.

They actually sent me a hard copy from Japan, but I moved at the same time so it got lost somewhere. Then instead of politely ignoring me, they sent me the PDF file.

All in all another win for the Universal Casio Forum and the forces of good!

P.S. The manual is in French

:ph34r: :rock:

#26 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:31 PM

If the file isn't to large (<400Kb) you can upload it to the file sharing.

#27 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:33 AM

excelent, glad to help :thumbsup:
:clap:

#28 Guest_Nicolae from Moldova_*

Guest_Nicolae from Moldova_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

I found it ! http://ftp.casio.co....llege_2D_Fr.pdf
It's in french

#29 Guest_Leentje_*

Guest_Leentje_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

I want a duthc manual! mine is french, but it is so old that I haven't got a clue where my manual is. or an English one would be good to. besides, there are stille different fx92's. I have College new +, and some one in my class has college III and his manual doens't even work on my machine!

#30 IbmPad

IbmPad

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:- Programming (PC and Calc)<br />- Old calculators<br />- Piano<br />- Foreign languages

• Calculators:
    CP-330 / FX-9860G SD / HP-49G+ / HP-48G / AFX 2.0+ / FX-795P / FX-4500P / FX-8500G/ FX-4000P / FX-602P / FX-7000G / FX-6800G / FX-702P / PB-700 / Sharp PC-1403 / Электроника МК-61 / TI-57 II / FX-180PV / FX-82 / FX-82D / FX-92

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

There are some nederlandse manuals here : ftp://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/edu/nl/ I think the Collège New+ is not very complicated and nearly works like an FX-82MS but I didn't found any non-french manual for the Collège and I think the FX-92 series was only sold in France.

#31 Guest_raquel_*

Guest_raquel_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

Good news everyone, thanks to your help Crimson Casio and the good people of Casio, I am now in possession of a PDF manual for the FX-92. If anyone would like a copy, email me. The person who helped me said that it had been created not long ago, so perhaps it's on a site and downloadable somewhere.

They actually sent me a hard copy from Japan, but I moved at the same time so it got lost somewhere. Then instead of politely ignoring me, they sent me the PDF file.

#32 raquel

raquel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-92B College 2D+

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

Hello,

my name is Raquel and im in very much the same problem you all had in this site, bought the fx-92b college 2+ but cant find the instructions in english nor spanish

would you or someone be so kind to send them to me

thanks a lot

[/quote]

#33 Guest_franklin_*

Guest_franklin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

Hi everyone, i was bought FX-92 college 2d+,, and also i have a problem because of the manual in French,
if anyone know the copy in english please please send me by e-mail, thank you sooo much

my e-mail: sana.f AT live.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users