8 replies to this topic

#1 diego

diego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:42 PM

hello
I want to know because when solving inverse matrixes of more order at 5x5 the classpad it is very very slow. For example, I Wanted to solve an inverse matrix of 10x10 and this delays more than 20 minutes, while that in the casio algebra fx 2.0, casio 9750 take a long time less (less than 1 minute, less than 2 minutes respectively.

another example, I Wanted to solve eigvl (of a matrix of 9x9 and delays 45 minutes in solving it.

It is this normal, I don't believe it, or it is that my calculator this working bad; I want to know the number phone of the casio, to communicate them this ugly error. Since I don't believe that inclusive the casio 9750 and the algebra fx 2.0 are better their prosecution that the classpad 300.

This improved with the with the version of the O.S. 2.0 :profanity: :profanity:

:cry: :cry:

en espa?ol

hola
Quiero saber porque al resolver matrices inversas de orden mayor a 5x5 la classpad es muy muy lenta. Por ejemplo, Quise resolver una matris inversa de 10x10 y se demoro m?s de 20 minutos, mientras, que en la casio algebra fx 2.0, casio 9750 se demora menos( menos de 1 minuto, menos de 2 minutos respectivamente.

otro ejemplo, Quise resolver eigvl( de una matriz de 9x9 y se demoro 45 minutos en resolverla.

Es esto normal, no lo creo, o es que mi calculadora esta funcionando mal; quiero saber el numero telefonico de la casio, para comunicarles este feo error. Puesto que no creo que inclusive la casio 9750 y la algebra fx 2.0 sea mejor su procesamiento que la classpad 300.

Esto se mejorara con la con la version del O.S. 2.0 :profanity: :profanity:

:cry: :cry:

#2 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:30 PM

this is caused by a strange bug in matrix opperations, it effects all matrixes but the bigger they are the longer the delay will be :(

from what i know Casio knows about the bug and has a fix for it, we should see it in the next OS update :(

#3 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming, calculators, climbing.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, TI-83 Plus

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:22 PM

It also seams, that it takes the classpad very long to calculate square roots for some strange reason. I once wrote a program in basic, to represent a number as a product if its prime factors. It took about 10 (or even) more times longer to execute, that on a Casio fx-6300G, an primitive calculator in comparison to the classpad. :(

#4 Overlord

Overlord

Casio Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Math Researcher

• Calculators:
    My head - C300 OS 3.00 - G100 Rom 1.02 - G65 - G60 - G25

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:42 PM

maybe it's because it was on "exact mode"

#5 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming, calculators, climbing.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, TI-83 Plus

Posted 10 September 2004 - 05:13 PM

No. Whether I use Complex Calculation, Decimal form or any other combination, this makes no difference. (The display in basic setup is set to Normal 1).

#6 worapiro

worapiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical Engineering, Computer Technology and etc.

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:36 AM

hello 
I want to know because when solving inverse matrixes of more order at 5x5 the classpad it is very very slow. For example, I Wanted to solve an inverse matrix of 10x10 and this delays more than 20 minutes, while that in the casio algebra fx 2.0, casio 9750 take a long time less (less than 1 minute, less than 2 minutes respectively.

another example, I Wanted to solve eigvl (of a matrix of 9x9 and  delays 45 minutes in solving it. 

It is this normal, I don't believe it, or it is that my calculator this working bad; I want to know the number phone of the casio, to communicate them this ugly error. Since I don't believe that inclusive the casio 9750 and the algebra fx 2.0 are better their prosecution that the classpad 300. 

This improved with the with the version of the O.S. 2.0    :profanity:  :profanity:

:cry:  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have asked casio about this point. They have sent this answer to me.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sending your e-mail on CP-300.

Yes, it is probable that CP-300 sometimes takes
more time than FX2.0

This is because:

1.CP-300 calculates by "formula manipulation" system.
2.FX2.0 calculates by "math calculation".
(The modes of CAS,ALGEBRA,TUTOR are also calculated
by math calculation.)

The advantage of CP-300 is capable of higher precision
than FX2.0.
The calculation is possible which can't be done by
math calculation.

Regarding OS upgrade, pls kindly access here and download.

http://classpad.net/...ddin/index.html

(but pls bear in mind that "calculation speed" is not
revised though there are added functions and software
renewal.)

With best regards,

;) :) <_<

#7 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:37 AM

please note that thats not the explention ive heard from casio or saltire. as I recall it was a bug causing the huge delays (simply doing mat[25,25]=>X took +30min)

#8 diego

diego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 03:09 PM

Problems again :

I have detected problems with all the lists functions. As for example
augment (, fill(,suma, subtracts, multiplication, etc.

list12 or list1[z+2] :angry: :angry:

It is very slow that the casio fx 9750.

This is noticed more if it is used in a lists program, since I have made several programs of civil engineering, like they are: polygonal open, polygonal closed, curve of transition, etc. I want to publish them in internet. But while in my casio fx 9750 take a long time in calculating a to polygonal of 9 sides about 4 seconds, in the classspad takes a long time more than 30 seconds.
It is this the reason that I don't publish my programs

It is this a bug

The classpad had eliminated the matrix editor, what a terrible error, How to enter fastly a 15X15 matrix or more?, with parenthesis its too slow. With the virtual keyboard, to be making 15 times click with the optic pencil, it is slower and can be confused a lot.

Edited by betoe, 04 October 2004 - 03:30 AM.

#9 betoe

betoe

UCF Spanish Translator

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, SW development, automotive. Swim->bike->run

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0 (R.I.P.), Classpad 300

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:56 AM

I dont remember if there is another more appropriated topic for post this but this was the first topic about this i found:

In my forum (http://betoe.hollosi...opic=55.new#new) a guy says he solve inverse matrix fastly in this way:

Hola saludos desde la bella Isla de Margarita-Venezuela.

Para calcular la inversa de una matriz.

Prueben lo siguiente despues de crearla. (ma = es la matriz)

Dim(ma)
ans1=>x
SubMat(rref(Augment(ma,ident(x))),1,x+1)

===
En mi caso se reduce el tiempo de calculo en algo menos de la mitad del tiempo.
Wink

Dont know what you think, i dont have batteries for my classpad right now and i tought it would be interest to post this here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users