• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX 9850G (broken),
    Casio CFX 9850GB,
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:13 PM

OK, I think this is a bit senseless as no one (except me) seems to use Pascal - for AFX programming purposes at least - (*), but unimportant :P

In the file sharing section I released the AFXTP (= "AFX Turbo Pascal") package right now, that contains some Turbo Pascal 6.0 Units quite usefull for AFX programming purposes.

The package contains just the compiled units and their headers, but neither any documentation nor demo programs, because of (*), and because this units are a bit out of date already, as I'm working on the successor versions yet (especially that of the AfxGfx engine). But this doesn't matter I think, because the (partially commented) unit headers with their procedure heads, types, variables and constants should be self explaining.

Anyway, here a short description of the package's content:

AfxSys:

Provides basic routines to the other moduls, such as block movement, filling, BIOS data area access, interrupts, EMS, ?

AfxCRT:

Similar to TP CRT unit, but for AFX instead of PC. It's advanced compared to original CRT in some points.

AfxGfx:

The module I'm the most proud of :D . It manages the graphics modes (both BW and grey scale). Functions it provides are:

- Mode selection and Page Flipping (also called double buffering), contrast setting
- Pen objects, Pattern, Dithering and clipping
- native graphical routines StPixel, HLine and VLine
- Extended routines Line, MoveTo, LineTo, RectAngle, FillRect, Fillcircle
- sprite drawing + background (copy, and, or combine)
- Tow public versions: A and B; B is faster than A, but in A you can call the core procedures from your prog

And: it's very fast (written in ASM)! Unfortunately, text drawing routines are not implemented yet. But don't worry, as I said I'm working on the successor version already. This will:

- support 3, 5 and 2^n colors (both in linear and column - mode; refer to Oliver Coupelon's honourable guide)
- extend all already existing AfxGfx routines to support all these modes
- have advanced sprite routines (non - byte aligned pixel offsets, RLE image compression, animated images)
- and have text drawing / font routines, at least ;)

Furthermore, there are AfxTime (RTC and timer, timing routines, timer interrupt), AfxRan (random numbers + initialisation) and AfxStdIO (reimplemented readln / writeln routines). Also contained are the PC versions of all these drivers (except AfxSys, that works also on a PC), that you may use instead of the AFX counterpart during the development phase of your programs.

The big advantage is, that you can test them directly on your computer within the Turbo Pascal IDE: Yeah, you simply have to press F9 to test it!

Posted Image

When ready with coding, just replace the "uses pcgfx,pcran,?" statement by "uses afxgfx,afxran,?", recompile and install it to your calc (the result you get on the AFX will exactly be the same you had on your PC before.)

------

So any one: just try it and have fun with it!

PS: I forgot (that's quite important): call Afx/PCCrt's "initcrt" before using, else they won't work. And if encountering any bugs (or having suggestions I might include to the successor units), please contact me.

[offtopic]Btw:

>* Only rar files are allowed: RAR is the best archiver available. It's far much better than ZIP format. RAR exists for Windows, <{GNULINUX}>, FreeBSD, OSX and even PocketPC.
>Click here to discover RAR possibilities.
>You can link to any file type, but you should use RAR... Really!

You guys managing the file sharing area have an advertising contract with WinRar, isn't it? :roflol:

(I linked ZIP archive in spite of, cause my WinRar 3.41 produces 7Z, Tar and ZIP, only - I could rename to RAR however - and it produced archives twice as big as the ZIP was. Sorry.)

Well, is there any way to change the description of a file once uploaded to the file sharing area? I tried to format it with *Squarebracket open*U*Squarebracket close* tag, and now you can see it in the description ... :nonono:

#2 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:03 PM

Great idea ... maybe some will "convert" to ASM with these usefull routines!

Yeah ... 2072 earns money when you download it using his site (I think)
but aside from that it is really is a good compressor and better as zip.

(Though I think ACE us better ...)

And maybe 2072 can change the description (or implement the [U] tag)
I can't.

#3 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:39 PM

Yes we have a kind of contract with Winrar, I earn money when someone buys it only.

(I linked ZIP archive in spite of, cause my WinRar 3.41 produces 7Z, Tar and ZIP, only - I could rename to RAR however - and it produced archives twice as big as the ZIP was. Sorry.)

You should download the REAL Winrar because there is no way to produce a .7Z or Tar with Winrar...

If I convert AFXTP_10.ZIP with my Winrar 3.41 to RAR, the archive is only 30Kb instead of 60Kb.

(Though I think ACE us better ...)

Why?

And maybe 2072 can change the description (or implement the [U] tag)
I can't.

Yes you can but you have to write [u] not [U] ;-)

#4 Marco

Marco

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX 9850G (broken),
    Casio CFX 9850GB,
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:20 PM

maybe some will "convert" to ASM

... but my original goal was to convert them to Pascal, however B)

You should download the REAL Winrar because there is no way to produce a .7Z or Tar with Winrar...

If I convert AFXTP_10.ZIP with my Winrar 3.41 to RAR, the archive is only 30Kb instead of 60Kb.

oops... seems I really got the wrong version

Yes you can but you have to write [u] not [U] ;-)

OK, thx.
But who could knew that... :(

And how can I edit an own post in the file sharing area afterwards? Didn?t find any way... is it possible at all?

#5 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:22 PM

Well if you accept cookies you should have a yellow "edit" link available just next the click counter of your post. If you don't, use that link: http://www.casiocalc...sources#EDITMOD

#6 Griott

Griott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Programming Delphi, C#.NET, PocketPC.<br />Casio ClassPad 300 Programming, bugs, issues, notes, observations, colaborations, ideas, etc.<br />Use of the CP300 technology in the classroom, proffessionally and as a hobby.<br />

• Calculators:
    CP300, AFX2.0+,FX1.0+,CFX9950GBWE, HP49G

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:43 AM

Marco congratulations :) ! and thank you. As I said once, I am more confortable with Pascal, and was waiting for a library like yours. I hope to install and test your pascal library soon! :plol: Please continue this great work.

#7 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking &amp; Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool &amp; Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 10 December 2004 - 11:14 AM

just to put my opinion in: i hate pascal! it seems like a very bad language to me, but then again everyone has their own preferances :) (gimme vb or vb.net :D)

#8 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:17 PM

of course if meant pascal :) B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users