Photo
- - - - -

What Is Really New In The Expected Os 2.00?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Nexus_t1000

Nexus_t1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:45 AM

After months awaiting for the expected OS 2.00 Version, once again casio has left in the projects pot a manual with details of the enhancements for this new version.

I mean, all the old CP300 users must to read the whole 600 pages of the manual of the 2.00 version to find what is the new???....Hello!!! CASIO??...anybody in home?????!!!!

I had read the comments of my fellowes about the "Unit converter" and another stuff MISSED AGAIN by CASIO's HOT SHOTS.

Like i said. Definitely, CASIO is not listening the users and do what they wants to do. Really, i did trust in CASIO and their OS 2.00 version but, i was wrong.

If someone in CASIO read this words, i want that they now that i WAS a fan of CASIO Machines but now, i'll think 99999999999999999999999 times before buy another machine of this brand.

IM VERY...VERY DESAPPOINTED...AND ANGRY.... :banghead:
:cry: :profanity:

I'm sorry for all of us who believe and trust....too much naive.

Nexus.

#2 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:03 AM

Nexus, the only thing I really need is unit support, but it does come in the new O.S., CASIO don`t listen to the people who buy they calcs or they are crazy, bacause the class pad has the power to become the more powerfull calc that why i bought it

#3 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Electronics, Image Processing, Neural Networks, AI, System Development, Calc, Guitar, Music,

• Calculators:
    CP 300 OS 3.03, Algebra FX 2.0 Plus ROM 1.05, CG-20

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:50 AM

I wanted Fourier Transform :( Still unavailable. :banghead:
Why CASIO released this version? really what's new??? Spreadsheet??
I'm sorry for all Classpad users too.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:52 PM

Hello people

Omegavirus, you say that Unit Support Does come in the new OS, bu where is it ? Is there any OS 2.0 manual that i can read ?

btw : I'm also disappointed with the new OS

Regards

fiberoptik

#5 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:53 PM

Class pas does not have unit support, the only unit support that class pad has is the one made by Daniel (CZE) called UNIP, he`s a menber in this forum so you can ask him for it, also you can wait for the CASIO contest because as far as I know, someone has make a unit support for class pad

#6 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Electronics, Image Processing, Neural Networks, AI, System Development, Calc, Guitar, Music,

• Calculators:

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:19 PM

I think we have to forget Unit Support for Classpad.

#7 DrCoyote

DrCoyote

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS, FX-9860G, TI 92+, TI89 Titanium, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CAS, TI 84+ SE, HP 50G, HP 35S, Elektronika MK-90, Elektronika MK-52, Elektronika MK-61, Elektronika B3-21, Elektronika MK-152, Elektronika MK-161, Sharp EL-9900

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

It has been a while since I posted. There are two reasons.

First, a post I made that was critical of the ClassPad was responded to in a manner I felt was a personal affront.

Second, my ClassPad is sitting in a drawer, because it is not useful to me.

Casio and Saltaire both over-hyped the calculator. Every time an upgrade comes out, Casio, Saltaire and members of this forum precede it with much fanfare, and the upgrade is never that significant. It seems to me that the ClassPad, which so many tout as being so potentially powerful, does not come even close to fullfilling that potential.

I am very disappointed in the ClassPad, and in Casio in general. I am glad some here are so proud and happy with their ClassPads, but I find mine to a marginally useful machine, and a great disappointment.

I will continue to read this forum, and to comment from time to time. But unless something very significant happens in the ClassPad world, I'm afraid it will just sit in that drawer. (And no, I do not consider the release of the long overdue SDK to be terribly significant.)

So, I'll keep reading until that breakthrough comes... Or until I decide to finally sell my ClassPad.

#8 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:00 PM

Brian promised me that in the next version of the OS, we will see much more new things :)
I whish, but not hopeful.
Really why CASIO released this version?

Brian:
Would you explain please?

#9 abelmartin

abelmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Calculators collection

• Calculators:
    Classpad

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:01 PM

For a professor there is something spectacular to use in the classroom: the option "verify" :P

#10 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:21 PM

Where is this option???

#11 abelmartin

abelmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Calculators collection

• Calculators:
    Classpad

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:18 PM

Visit www.classpad.tkand looks for Classpad "verify"

#12 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:54 PM

I wasn't English. So I couldn't find anythings :(

#13 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:57 PM

Daruosh: download the manual for the O.S. 2.0, the verify is in main and e-activities, whit this simbol f(x).

#14 qwerty841

qwerty841

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300,TI 83 PSE,TI Voyage 200,Windows Calculator

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:57 PM

where is the manual for os 2.0?

#15 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:09 PM

Classpad.net

I have downloaded them

#16 MCFONG

MCFONG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    CP-300, AFX-2.0+, CFX-9850GB+

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:07 PM

I would like to say I am sorry for those out there not getting what they were looking for in the CP300. The 2.0 OS actually runs faster then version 1.XXX but yea we do not actually 'feel' the difference.
The addition of Spreadsheet and Verify are very welcoming for classroom use, though I do not see we should compare that to the TI89 or 92/voyager, as the philosophy when the CP300 was design, as I understood, was very specific, that is only for classroom use.
I might add that I do find the hardware a tad too slow at times but as I work with the Cp Manager Ver 2 here for classroom presentation, we always hear oohh and ahhh from teachers. I suppose Casio do need to work on the hardware if we were to hear the same utterance when teachers are working on the CP 300 instead. But I am hopeful as I have seen teachers working on the CP 300 and they just LOVE it at the end of the workshops.

I suppose some of us find the CP 300 not up to mark because it is not serving your purpose for buying it, but it is serving the education purposes.

My 2 cents

#17 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:39 PM

The 2.0 OS actually runs faster then version 1.XXX but yea we do not actually 'feel' the difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you find that? Is there any official documents about new FEATUERS in OSv2.0??

#18 qwerty841

qwerty841

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300,TI 83 PSE,TI Voyage 200,Windows Calculator

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:31 PM

what kind of new "features" are in os 2? :)

#19 Eol

Eol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 Fx6500G

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:49 PM

:plol:
Don't forget Laplace transform and Bessel, Gamma ... which TI's calculator has them. :(

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:41 PM

why don't have automatic answer key in OS V2.0

#21 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

Don't forget Laplace transform  and Bessel, Gamma ... which TI's calculator  has them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think any TI calculator has these functions in the OS.

#22 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, FX-850P, FX-7700G, Voyage 200

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:58 PM

Hello again

Softcalc, HP49g+ has Laplace and inverse Laplace transform and performs fast Fourier transform

Regards

fiberoptik

#23 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

Softcalc, HP49g+ has Laplace and inverse Laplace transform and performs fast Fourier transform

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the information fiberoptik. I knew the HP49g+ had FFT, but I must of over looked the Laplace.

My feedback was on the TI. The poster sugested that TI has these features which as far as I know are not in the TI's OS.

I am familiar with FFT on the HP49g+. This could easily be written for the ClassPad (even as an add-in). The numeric algorithms are very well documented. In fact, Numerical Recipes in C is a very good reference and is available on-line. It has a huge number of other numeric algorithms too (like Eigensystems, Gamma, Beta, Bessel functions, etc.) that could be put into an add-in. If anyone is interested in making an add-in like this and have any question feel free to ask for my help/advice. :)

As far as Laplace transforms on the HP49g+, I ran some tests and it is not as powerful as it should be. As far as I can tell, it can transform basic expressions but there are many expressions it will not solve. If Laplace or Fourier transforms are ever added to the Classpad it would do a better job than the HP because the ClassPad has a more powerful CAS. ;)

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:39 AM

If Laplace or Fourier transforms are ever added to the Classpad it would do a better job than the HP because the ClassPad has a more powerful CAS. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How so? I'm interested to hear your reasons.

#25 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, FX-850P, FX-7700G, Voyage 200

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:08 PM

Ok, if they ARE EVER (along with the other stuff) added we will all be very pleased...

regards
fiberoptik

#26 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:46 PM

Thanks for the information fiberoptik. I knew the HP49g+ had FFT, but I must of over looked the Laplace.

My feedback was on the TI. The poster sugested that TI has these features which as far as I know are not in the TI's OS.

I am familiar with FFT on the HP49g+. This could easily be written for the ClassPad (even as an add-in). The numeric algorithms are very well documented. In fact, Numerical Recipes in C is a very good reference and is available on-line. It has a huge number of other numeric algorithms too (like Eigensystems, Gamma, Beta, Bessel functions, etc.) that could be put into an add-in.  If anyone is interested in making an add-in like this and have any question feel free to ask for my help/advice. :)

As far as Laplace transforms on the HP49g+, I ran some tests and it is not as powerful as it should be. As far as I can tell, it can transform basic expressions but there are many expressions it will not solve. If Laplace or Fourier transforms are ever added to the Classpad it would do a better job than the HP because the ClassPad has a more powerful CAS. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have developed an application that calulate FFT, but is's so slow :( (and full of bug) I call it Garbage Oriented Bug Generator :))

#27 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Computer Algebra, Numerical Analysis.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 (plus an old Casio model, with only a few Kb ram).

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:44 PM

I am familiar with FFT on the HP49g+. This could easily be written for the ClassPad (even as an add-in). The numeric algorithms are very well documented. In fact, Numerical Recipes in C is a very good reference and is available on-line. It has a huge number of other numeric algorithms too (like Eigensystems, Gamma, Beta, Bessel functions, etc.) that could be put into an add-in.  If anyone is interested in making an add-in like this and have any question feel free to ask for my help/advice. :)

Good idea, but such algorithms should not implemented as "add-ins". If they do, they will be almost useless, because other built-in applications will not be able to use them. I would like to see such algorithms as part of the OS, so that they could be used in a basic program, or an eActivity.

the ClassPad has a more powerful CAS.

I strongly disagree with that. I don't like HP calculators, but lets face it, their CAS is better than ClassPad. For example, I have found many indefinite integrals that cannot be computed in ClassPad, although HP49g+ is able to evaluate them correctly (some of them are already posted in the "Bugs" topic). However, ClassPad HAS the potential to become a better CAS calculator than HPs. Again, the solution is a BETTER OS!

I had read the comments of my fellowes about the "Unit converter" and another stuff MISSED AGAIN by CASIO's HOT SHOTS.

I can't believe that the "Unit converter" is such a good thing to implement in ClassPad, although I have seen many posts demanding this feature. There are MANY other more important things that should be added in the OS...

Like i said. Definitely, CASIO is not listening the users and do what they wants to do. Really, i did trust in CASIO and their OS 2.00 version but, i was wrong.
If someone in CASIO read this words, i want that they now that i WAS a fan of CASIO Machines but now, i'll think 99999999999999999999999 times before buy another machine of this brand.
IM VERY...VERY DESAPPOINTED...AND ANGRY...

I'm afraid he has a point here.
I expected a better CAS and a better basic in OS 2. What I have found is only minor improvements: the "verify" command and the spreadsheet. ClassPad is not a PDA, made to run Word and Excel, it is a CAS calculator! I can live without a spreadsheet, but I cannot use ClassPad efficiently without a better CAS and a better basic.
I'm also very disappointed. :angry: ClassPad cannot definitely win the competition without a serious OS upgrade.

Edited by 2072, 08 August 2005 - 04:26 PM.

#28 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

ClassPad is not a PDA, made to run Word and Excel, it is a CAS calculator! I can live without a spreadsheet, but I cannot use ClassPad efficiently without a better CAS and a better basic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its obvious you'd like a more powerful CAS, but a spreadsheet isn't just for a PDA. It makes a lot of sense on a calculator.

BTW, you can use almost any ClassPad function in the spreadsheet. If you use a function that takes a list you can pass in a range and it will convert that range to a list. B)

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:43 PM

Its obvious you'd like a more powerful CAS, but  a spreadsheet isn't just for a PDA. It makes a lot of sense on a calculator.

BTW, you can use almost any ClassPad function in the spreadsheet. If you use a function that takes a list you can pass in a range and it will convert that range to a list.  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You still have not justified how the HP CAS is poor.

#30 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

Its obvious you'd like a more powerful CAS, but  a spreadsheet isn't just for a PDA. It makes a lot of sense on a calculator.

BTW, you can use almost any ClassPad function in the spreadsheet. If you use a function that takes a list you can pass in a range and it will convert that range to a list.  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, since the spreadsheet supports the CAS, it has unique features, which are not present even in commercial applications, such as M$ Excel (for example, a cell can contain integration). But the fact remains: in a CAS calculator, the most important things are, by far, the CAS and the programming language. It doesn't make sense to implement a spreadsheet -even a special one- when the CAS and the basic language definitely needs upgrading.
Yes, it is obvious that I'd like a powerful CAS, because when I bought ClassPad I have seen the "CAS" logo on all sides of the box. I opened the box, and what I have found? a calculator with a limited CAS, compared to the competitors, and a basic which only supports single-expression-functions (there are also many other limitations). I said "it's a Casio product, these limitations will be removed in the next OS version". I was wrong.
The new OS does not expand the CAS. Does at least support functions that are not limited to one expression? Hell, no, not even that, although many users have asked for this feature the last two years (see, e.g., Crimson's first post in the "Suggestions" topic, dated 13 Oct 2003).
So, what they decided to include in the new OS? A spreadsheet! It's not a joke, it's reality: with all these serious limitations, they decided to include a spreadsheet!

#31 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:03 AM

You still have not justified how the HP CAS is poor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This cannot be justified, because it is not true: HP CAS is not poor, it's very powerful. I'm not an HP fun, and I would like to see a more powerful CAS in Casio calcs. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and it will never be, if ClassPad's OS upgrades consist of a few minor improvements. :(

#32 Guest_Puya_*

Guest_Puya_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:12 AM

Hi every body, I really want Laplace transform (also Furierand ...), Daioush can you put your GOBG FFT program on the web?

ghorbanat, mamnoon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users