• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Roeoender

Roeoender

UCF ASM/C Programming Only Winner

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Technical University student (informatics)
    Interests:
    Sport climbing
    Orieenting (100km walk in 23h31min)
    C/Asm on calculators

Dislike cars

• Calculators:
    CASIO AFX 2.0 ROM 1.01, 10 countable fingers

Posted 07 January 2003 - 07:24 PM

As I have said in my previous thread I've found a way to increase the amount of memory available to .EXE and .COM programs runned on AFX2.0/GRAPH100 calculators. I made a program that allows to setup memory size it is named MaxMem.
I decided to combine RoeDisk/Enter/MaxMem in a single package called AFXPC.
It is available for download here
MaxMem is still a bit tough to use (the user needs some knowledge about low-level stuff) but this hopefully will prevent guys that have no idea what they are running from deleting thier data.
So enjoy!

Roeoender.
PS. I have many projects to do at university so I probably won't be so active from now on. :(

#2 BiTwhise

BiTwhise

Casio Overgod

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Programming, games, consoles, martial arts

• Calculators:
    FX9700WE, CFX9970G, AFX2.0, Classpad 300

Posted 07 January 2003 - 07:50 PM

look forward to trying it :)

however, like yourself, I'm too busy with courseworks and stuff right now :(

#3 X-thunder28

X-thunder28

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

• Calculators:
    2 Graph100 (rom 1.02 and rom 1.03 (+) )

Posted 12 January 2003 - 07:41 AM

Scorch will run s on G100+ ( afx2 I think) ???
I try it now !!!

I can create ramdrive .
How to use this package ?

(about : I have modified the dos memory availlable and this has deleted all basic files without reset the AFX !!)

#4 Roeoender

Roeoender

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
    Interests:
    Sport climbing
    C/Asm on calculators

Dislike cars

• Calculators:

Posted 12 January 2003 - 11:28 AM

Come on guys READ THE F*N' MANUAL!
This is *VERY* boring to write all those text files and I (as probably all programmers) really get *** when someone asks about a thing that is answered there. I am saying this "just in case".
A quite stable parameters for MaxMem is: 192 and 130000 for ROM1.01.
If someone care - post here the output of the MaxMem (runned before any TSR (like ENTER) loaded) and add your calc's ROM version too.

By the way the included .CDR may be broken - you will have to rebuild it. This is not my fault - it's FlashCOM's - it has problems with packing small files (like rds.sys / rdl.sys) and it cannot pack files which has less than 3 letters of extension (like stdio.h). Someone french speaking could contact the author (if he care to repair this).
Anyway I was able with this package to run succesfully:
1. WASM assembler
2. Isaacs' A86 assembler v 4.05
3. Hendrix's SmallC (yes!) and compile a progra that is 9Kb long with 34Kb C library!
Now I will try to run Micro C which is better than SmallC.

Have fun,
Roeoender

#5 Maitre Kiwi

Maitre Kiwi

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Graph100 or FX2 for US people

Posted 12 January 2003 - 06:57 PM

Wow, this is very cool !!! but I can't view results of mem command on my little screen !!

roe, programs you build are very cool you're one of the better programmer I know !

#6 X-thunder28

X-thunder28

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:16 PM

He is The best programmer !!

And this will allow us to program more than 64KB !
its kewl !!!!

#7 Roeoender

Roeoender

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
    Interests:
    Sport climbing
    C/Asm on calculators

Dislike cars

• Calculators:

Posted 13 January 2003 - 08:31 PM

Thank you,
but don't forget that there are more important people in the AFX/GRAPH community.
Without Walter 'Dscosphe' Hanau we wouldn't even know that running ASM/C programs is posiible on AFX/GRAPH.
Without Brad 'BradN' Norman we wouldn't know many critical to the calc programming system facts.
So thank to them. :D

As for grabbing all info outputted by mem.exe just use a standart pipe (output stream redirection) I do it like this;
mem.exe /D > R:mem.txt
So on a RamDisk R a file mem.txt will be created with all those data outputted from mem.exe inside. "/D" switch gives more detailed report what is in the memory (it is quite simmilar to this displayed by my MaxMem.exe).

Roeoender

#8 C@siomax

C@siomax

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

• Calculators:
    Graph 100 v1.0 and Graph 100+ v1.03

Posted 18 January 2003 - 12:05 PM

I didn't tried it yet, but I know that scorch works very well with maxmem! But you said that you succeded to run SmallC! It's really amazing!!!!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: But how did you do, afx's screen is too lite!! Explain yourself a little please!

#9 BiTwhise

BiTwhise

Casio Overgod

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Programming, games, consoles, martial arts

• Calculators:
    FX9700WE, CFX9970G, AFX2.0, Classpad 300

Posted 18 January 2003 - 01:12 PM

I shouldn't say for sure here, but I guess he's reffering to the actual compiler, not the editor (which you can easilly make yourself) :)

#10 Casto Productions

Casto Productions

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:
    TI-83, TI-86, CFX-9850, AFX2.0

Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:50 AM

For some reason, I cannot download afxpc.zip from the link. Anyone know where I might find this?

#11 Roeoender

Roeoender

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
    Interests:
    Sport climbing
    C/Asm on calculators

Dislike cars

• Calculators:

Posted 06 February 2003 - 09:07 PM

Try this way: http://www.casiodev....blika.pl/Files/
and then choose afxpc.zip
Roeoender.

#12 superna

superna

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 12:22 PM

hey roe, stop, just think of Lavenant, folks, without him, you'll still transfert programs with add-in installer....
he's the father of Flashcom, FE, F100 and even Commander !

#13 dscoshpe

dscoshpe

Casio Freak

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0 (v1.00), 9850Ga+, 9800, BE-300 other..

Posted 12 February 2003 - 12:14 AM

hehe, that is true for all but Commander. It was made completely independently of anything he did!! i still remember the days of logging the link port traffic so we could probe protocol (not to mention find the commands!).

- dscoshpe -

#14 Roeoender

Roeoender

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
    Interests:
    Sport climbing
    C/Asm on calculators

Dislike cars

• Calculators:

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:20 AM

For me the one who made the first step is most important.
Nowadays it is not a big deal to make a transfer program like FlashCOM (I haven't used FE,F100).
Anyway I have read something like the "History of ASM on AFX/GRAPH100" (or something) and it looked like everything was researched/done by the French - which uhm... is not true.
For me ASM/C on AFX/GRAPH = Dscoshpe & BradN.
Roeoender

#15 BradN

BradN

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, Roeoender :)

#16 dscoshpe

dscoshpe

Casio Freak

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0 (v1.00), 9850Ga+, 9800, BE-300 other..

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:50 PM

if i were to write a history it would go something like this...

.... In the begining ....

Back on the old CPA fan forum it was talked about for a while about how to go about looking into asm on the calc. I saw that and looked in to it on my own, sometime in early december 2000. I had farmboy helping me since I did not have a link cable back then. I had written a couple of early documents about the cfx structure which now are very far off but this was before we knew they were encoded and compressed. I think mohammed still has them on his site. this was late in 2000. During this time i was asking for help in testing my research. during this time BradN contacted me about the cfx being encoded and compressed. as soon as he brought this up, the first Add-In Packager version was finished and released on January 14, 2001. I also posted the release message to the old old old old french forum. After I released AIP i got a message from someone known as "polite" telling me about LeadFiner and his non-progress at the time. I looked at he had done, he had been able to get programs to the calculator but could not run them. He had made a program that did some basic sending of the memory zones, though i believe his largest reason in not succeeding was that he did not yet know about the rom-disk structure he needed.

Anyways, that was the start of AIP, very soon Brad and I started doing other things and investigating the Casio protocol, and I started work on Commander. Libthium got started on FlashCom after i requested him to make a DLL for me to use in Commander until i got my own routines tuned and ready to use, we exchanged alot of information about how the casio works. Sometime around this time LeadFiner released FlashEditor, which i do not know about as far as its development.

Conclusions: there are parallels in the history of the Casio development, it is unfair to say one was a foundation for the other. and it is still also unfair to say Commander is based on other work because it is completely untrue, if it was true i would not have spent nearly the amount of time i did in making it. it is completely original work, not a touch of outside development, and most likely there wont be because of where it is going (unless someone cracks the RXE structure before me :) ). this is not to say that i wouldnt use any, just that when i need it, nobody has done it yet.

maybe the french developers didnt need us, maybe we didnt need them.. anyway it is, having more than enough is better than not having enough.

- dscoshpe -

#17 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 13 February 2003 - 06:34 PM

Yes I'm agree with you Dscoshpe, without Calipso it was impossible to send anything to the calc.
In fact Leadfiner discovered that the calc is running under a DOS like system and tried to send some dos program to it.
Then Flash Editor was created it was better than Calipso since we could send a ROMDISK image directly to the calc without using Casio ADD-in installer.
Then Libthium made FlashCOM (I still use it) that is much faster than Flash Editor and more reliable (programmed in windows ASM).

Anyway without "the French" or without you (Dscoshpe, BradN, Roeoender...) AFX programming wouldn't be what it is now. Our knowledge is complementary :)

#18 superna

superna

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 07:27 AM

oh you americans, always the same...
I want to say that the most importants persons which made the most for Afx2 dev are :
BradN, Dschcope, BugBug, Leadfiner, Roenender, Whyp, Libthium, 2072 and all the new programmers which makes new fantastics programs like :
Tonton1664, X-Thunder, Casiom@x, Ktr, Casioworld, dada66, Pad...

you aren't alone guys and we are not shit

#19 X-thunder28

X-thunder28

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:13 PM

superna, thanx, but my programs are not so fantastics !
I think that actually french communauty is more activ than americans one, but i agree with 2072 that our knowledge is complementary :P !

#20 Johnny

Johnny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:25 PM

Do Roeoendera: Cze??! Zrobi?e? mo?e jak?? now? gr? lub program? Ja ostatnio korzystaj?c ze ?r?de? twojego 'save.c' zrobi?em edytor textu, a p??niej zrobi?em explorer plik?w basicowych, ale musz? jeszcze nad nim popracowa?. Zreszt? zobacz temat 'Nowe programy dla AFX/Graph100...

#21 superna

superna

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 04:48 PM

traduce please, we speak english so you speak english too

#22 Roeoender

Roeoender

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
    Interests:
    Sport climbing
    C/Asm on calculators

Dislike cars

• Calculators:

Posted 22 February 2003 - 07:20 PM

Yep, I strongly adivse to use english here (nice that French & German do not use their own languages too often).
So Johnny asked (in lovely Polish) me if I made anything new.

I have just returned from the skiing in the mountains (Korbielow :D ) - 1 week long, moreover I have lended my calc to a friend (AFX is really helpfull with polish exams :D ).
But before I did all that stuff I have done the promised recompilation (I have to update the readmes and upload it).

What is more I returned to my release from the past year - "The RACE" and added inertion (uhhh you know) and "shadow car" - your last pass on the track is recorded so you race with your "shadow". I wanted to make car graphics, but I cannot do clearly looking 16x16 car sprites :-(.
Thats all for now
Roeoender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users