omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

Does anyone have install the new add-in made by Greg Williams?

It is a very good idea :D first I read the information of it and I love it :)

But there is a big problem it always crashes my classpad 300 :banghead:

I hope this will be fixed soon because at this time "my programs" has the record of crashing my class pad..... :rant:

#2 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry.<br />Pharmacy

• Calculators:
    fx 570 MS, Casio AFX 2.0+, ClassPad 300

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

Hi.
It didn't crash, but it freezed my ClassPad, so I had to restart it. They might have changed the download file but it is still useless. :(

#3 qwerty841

qwerty841

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300,TI 83 PSE,TI Voyage 200,Windows Calculator

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

is there a way to put a custom icon for the program?

#4 Guest_My Programs Author_*

Guest_My Programs Author_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:50 AM

Hi guys,

I just sent a new update to http://www.classpad.org that should fix the crashing problems you were having. The add-in should display v1.03 (or greater) in the status bar otherwise you have an out-of-date version. Please continue to report any problems you are having.

If you are having problems with a particular basic program please include a link to the program file (or the web page where I can find it) and the minimum steps to reproduce the bug so that I can try to debug the problem.

Keep in mind that some of the basic programs may have bugs in them, so there may be nothing that I can do to fix the problem. Before you report a bug for a specific program please check to see if it has the same problem when you run it using the Program application.

Custom icons will be supported in a future version.

Thanks for the bug reports!

Enjoy!

#5 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:45 AM

Hi Gerg the problem as far as I know is whit a game clled Othello it is in http://www.classpad.org, i tried to delete it and then the class pad crashed.

Also I uninstalled it but then I read this and dowload it again the version is 1.01 and whn i run it it has the old programs i used to have shorts cut but why? I erased it from my clas pad, and then it crashed when I tried to deler Othello.

#6 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:31 AM

It looks like the older version is still on http://www.classpad.org. I'm not sure why Greg's update didn't make it to the website? :huh:

It's Monday night so there isn't much I can do right now. For now I temporarily removed the actual add-in from the website so people won't download the older buggy version. I'll ask Ricky (the webmaster at classpad.org) to figure out why the add-in didn't get updated on the website and get it up there on Tuesday morning.

#7 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:27 PM

The new version is up there now. :)

#8 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:54 PM

Hi. :)
Was it made by ClassPad SDK? If yes, SDK is more than what I have though.

#9 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:35 PM

Hi. :)
Was it made by ClassPad SDK? If yes, SDK is more than what I have though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it was made with the ClassPad SDK. :nod:

So why are you surprised? :blink: What is in this add-in that you didn't think could be done with the SDK?

#10 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:42 PM

Hi. ^_^
Well, I was surprised because it could make the icons look like the menu interface on the ClassPad, I mean you can select with a tap like accessing other built-in applications. ^_^
Oh, by the way I want to ask you why we cannot get into Geometry app and list editor app on your "CP49" program ?
Thanks.

#11 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:23 PM

Why some shortcuts does not work if I am not in the folder that contains the basic program, for example:

I`m in the task300 folder and i decided to run the puzzle game and it runs normally in the my programs add in but the it shoes: indefinite variable and I cant run it, task 300 works fine it does not matter in what folder I am.

the two programs mentioned were made by CrimsonCasio

#12 Guest_My Programs Author_*

• Guests

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

Looks like you found another bug, thanks! My Programs 1.05 should be on http://www.classpad.org later today! Please let me know if it doesn't fix the problem.

Why some shortcuts does not work if I am not in the folder that contains the basic program, for example:

I`m in the task300 folder and i decided to run the puzzle game and it runs normally in the my programs add in but the it shoes: indefinite variable and I cant run it, task 300 works fine it does not matter in what folder I am.

the two programs mentioned were made by CrimsonCasio

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#13 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:34 AM

My programs crashes my class pad again, now whit this program CONVERTIDOR aviable in classpad.org, I made an icon for it, the i run it and the I finished to use it, then I needed to make another shorcut ant i tapped new and then my classpad crashed, when the classpad was ready I came to my programs again and the program was deleted from my programs and also from the memorie :banghead:

I like my programs because it is very usseful, so Greg it is in your mind to make my programs better and better until it becomes the best.......... :D

Also it was a shame because the program CONVERTIDOR is for units and it is in spanish thanks to ALAN GARCIA GUTIERREZ, I kwow that program because I know it but in german, but this version is spanish is better :roflol:

#14 Guest_My Programs Author_*

• Guests

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for your feedback omegavirus. I tried out the program you mentioned. I did find a bug in My Programs while trying to fix this problem. As a result My Programs v1.06 will be on ClassPad.org soon. Unfortuantely the bug you found is a different problem.

The crash you experienced is caused by a bug in the program interpreter in the ClassPad OS. The interpreter assumes that when you call a subroutine inside a program, such as Subroutine(), that the line ends after the subroutine call. In the case of this program there are several places where this is not the case. The subroutine calls used look more like this:

Lbl label1:Subroutine1():Goto label2

Now, because there is no safety check in the code that handles this subroutine call it causes a buffer overrun that leaves memory in a bad state which leads to the crash you described. Unfortunately to fix the bug it will require a patch to the ClassPad OS which obviously I can't release to you directly like I can with fixes to My Programs. This will be fixed in a future patch to the ClassPad OS. I'll let you know when I know which version.

I do have a solution to the problem. Change the subroutine call from the way it was above to the following:

Lbl label1:Subroutine1()
Goto label2

or for cleanliness you could change it to

Lbl label1:
Subroutine1()
Goto label2

Notice that I left out the colon before Goto. If you leave it in it will cause a syntax error when you try to save the program. This change prevents the buffer overrun from occuring and will prevent the crash you described above. This bug could potentially cause strange behavior or crashes in other programs too. I'm going to send an updated version of the author's program to ClassPad.org. You all will be responsible for finding other programs that use the subroutine calling method that causes the buffer overrun.

Thanks again for your feedback.

P.S. It looks like the author of Convert has included a special surprise in the package you download from the ClassPad.org. Try clicking on the variable Convert\test in the Variable Manager. :D

My programs crashes my class pad again, now whit this program CONVERTIDOR aviable in classpad.org, I made an icon for it, the i run it and the I finished to use it, then I needed to make another shorcut ant i tapped new and then my classpad crashed, when the classpad was ready I came to my programs again and the program was deleted from my programs and also from the memorie  :banghead:

I like my programs because it is very usseful, so Greg it is in your mind to make my programs better and better until it becomes the best.......... :D

Also it was a shame because the program CONVERTIDOR is for units and it is in spanish thanks to ALAN GARCIA GUTIERREZ, I kwow that program because I know it but in german, but this version is spanish is better  :roflol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#15 Guest_My Programs Author_*

• Guests

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:44 AM

I forgot to mention the cause of your data dissappearing after the crash. The memory where shortcuts and programs are stored is only permanently commited when your ClassPad goes to sleep or is turned off. Therefore after you downloaded the program and added the shortcut they weren't commited to memory before the crash occured. Thus after you restarted, the program and shortcut were gone. The same thing would happen if you pressed the p-reset button on the back of your ClassPad after installing a program or shortcut. Thanks again!

#16 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:00 AM

I forgot to mention the cause of your data dissappearing after the crash.  The memory where shortcuts and programs are stored is only permanently commited when your ClassPad goes to sleep or is turned off. ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a good idea to turn your ClassPad OFF and then ON again from time to time. Think of it as a way of backing up your ClassPad memory. :) If it ever crashes you'll have the saved state from before you last turned your ClassPad OFF.

#17 qwerty841

qwerty841

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300,TI 83 PSE,TI Voyage 200,Windows Calculator

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

I turn mine off and back on every time i do anything because i got in the habit of doing it to save my data because it crashed alot before i sent it in to get fixed

#18 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:53 AM

The new version of my programs is already in classpad.org, so lets wait for CASIO to fix the bug as faster as they can.............. :!:

I hope it will be as fast as Greg does whit his program :D

#19 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:30 AM

I found a new bug in my programs add-in, i made a program that has some pauses and it runs perfert in the program editor but not in my programs because it miss one pause I dont now why because it has more pauses but it does them fine but when i made one especific pause it just pass it by.... :)

give me your mail Greg and i will send it to you to check it.....

#20 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Blah

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

I found about 300 functions from the Pocket Viewer (8O) which work on the ClassPad. If you used them, Greg, please tell me which function you used to run programs :(

I noticed also that this program creates a MEM file in the hidden 'system' folder.

I know that Brian Maguire (or must I say 'SoftCalc' ?) knows the syntax of the hidden functions you used, but he can't tell us because Saltire forbids him. (but I'll never understand why) :huh:

If you still work on My Program, you could make an Icon Editor. And you could allow the user to decide which window is launched first. (this allows to display automatically the Graph Window in full screen mode).

It is possible to run basic programs,
It is possible to run C++ addins,
It is possible to run Lua programs...

And what about creating an addin which allows you to run all these sort of programs??? B)
It would be great no? ;)

PS:The Pocket Viewer has a backlight and a buzzer...

#21 GameAddins

GameAddins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:21 PM

I found about 300 functions from the Pocket Viewer (8O) which work on the ClassPad. If you used them, Greg, please tell me which function you used to run programs :(

Unfortunately none of these functions were (knowingly) used to make the My Programs add-in work.

I noticed also that this program creates a MEM file in the hidden 'system' folder.

That's right. I create a file to keep track of the ordering of the program shortcuts you create in My Programs.

I know that Brian Maguire (or must I say 'SoftCalc' ?) knows the syntax of the hidden functions you used, but he can't tell us because Saltire forbids him. (but I'll never understand why) :huh:

It's really Casio that forbids him from giving out that information, not Saltire. Unfortunately I'm in basically the same boat as Brian. To make My Programs I called functions used by the Program application.

If you still work on My Program, you could make an Icon Editor. And you could allow the user to decide which window is launched first. (this allows to display automatically the Graph Window in full screen mode).
It is possible to run basic programs,

I will work on My Programs again eventually. I'm not certain when though. My regular work is keeping me busy right now. Orwell sent me a bug report for My Programs that I haven't had time to deal with yet. A future version will support user creatable icons. They will probably just be variables of the Picture type, which you can create using Brian's BitEdit add-in.

It is possible to run C++ addins,
It is possible to run Lua programs...

I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to launch C++ addins from My Programs instead of the application menu. As far as Lua programs go I'd have to build the Lua project into My Programs including the interpreter. It's a possibility, but I hadn't really thought about doing it before... it would also be pretty easy for you guys to make something to launch Lua programs from the existing CPLua project. All the UI components you need are already documented in the SDK. The API for loading and saving data to a MEM file is also documented in the SDK too.

And what about creating an addin which allows you to run all these sort of programs??? B)
It would be great no? ;)
PS:The Pocket Viewer has a backlight and a buzzer...

Hmm, maybe I'll look into a new version of My Programs after I've got some free time.

Sadly, the ClassPad has no backlight. It does have a buzzer, which I don't even know the commands for. The buzzer has been removed from the ClassPad 300+. At least as far as I know. In any case, the PV wasn't for classroom usage. ;)

#22 Orwell

Orwell

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio AFX 1.02 / Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

Orwell sent me a bug report for My Programs that I haven't had time to deal with yet.

I don't think that it was me... :unsure: Anyway, keep on the good work ;)

it would also be pretty easy for you guys to make something to launch Lua programs from the existing CPLua project. All the UI components you need are already documented in the SDK.

Sorry I didn't really understand what you meaned here :huh:

Unfortunately I guess it won't be possible to run Lua programs from outside the CPLua Add-In, since you need the interpreter, the libraries, and a specific windows management to run it... The Lua interpreter should be included in the OS to make it possible :/

#23 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:55 PM

To make My Programs I called functions used by the Program application.

Can you give me these functions?

#24 Filip Georgijev

Filip Georgijev

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Computing, Programming, Casio...

• Calculators:
    CASIO ClassPad 300 OS Version 2.00 2x, CASIO ALgebra FX 2.0 Plus, CASIO CFX-9970G, CASIO CFX-9950GB+, CASIO fx-6300G, CASIO fx-570, CASIO fx-991MS and so on... Huh!!!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:31 PM

Could Brian confirm to us that the buzzer has been removed from the ClassPad 300 Plus? If it is true, then this new piece of hardware is dead for me! :banghead: I do not plan to get a new ClassPad 300+! Moreover, as a sign of protest against this decision, I have started constructing an add-in that will feature playing of video clips with background sound! I think that a new section of casiocalc.org downloads page will have to be added in the future! Just wait for some months to see what I am planning to release! Have a nice time...

#25 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

Could Brian confirm to us that the buzzer has been removed from the ClassPad 300 Plus? If it is true, then this new piece of hardware is dead for me! :banghead: I do not plan to get a new ClassPad 300+!

I really don't know, but I will try to check. I do not have a 300+ yet. :rolleyes:

Moreover, as a sign of protest against this decision, I have started constructing an add-in that will feature playing of video clips with background sound! I think that a new section of casiocalc.org downloads page will have to be added in the future! Just wait for some months to see what I am planning to release!

:blink: :blink: video clips on the ClassPad. I hope you have figured out grayscale. I also don't think the buzzer is capable to reproducing good sound. How about just a MP3 player. :lol:

BTW, this post is off topic. It is better to create a new topic.

#26 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

You, writing an addin ? :lol2:
Very good, but your project will be very hard, so good luck!
(Or maybe what you said was ironic...? :huh: )

And could I get the hidden functions to run basic programs, please? :banghead:

#27 GameAddins

GameAddins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:20 PM

I don't think that it was me... :unsure: Anyway, keep on the good work ;)

oh yeah, heh, I think it was omegavirus.

Sorry I didn't really understand what you meaned here :huh:

Unfortunately I guess it won't be possible to run Lua programs from outside the CPLua Add-In, since you need the interpreter, the libraries, and a specific windows management to run it... The Lua interpreter should be included in the OS to make it possible :/

I just meant that you guys could make your own launcher UI in an addin with the Lua interpreter built in.

It won't look exactly look the same as My Programs (or the application menu), but the window needs a PegWindow for the parent window with the scrollmode set to WSM_AUTOVSCROLL. This will cause the parent window to automatically add a vertical scrollbar when it's child window get's too large to display. This way you don't have to handle scrolling yourself. You'll need a PegWindow then for the child obviously. Note that you don't need a CPMainFrame, you can use a PegWindow for the whole screen. There are a few things that it won't automatically do in that case though, like have default support for the keyboard.

The icons can each be PegBitmapButton objects. They will support the bitmap objects created by the BitEdit app. The buttons at the bottom of the screen are just PegTextButton objects with the border turned off with style flag FF_NONE.

You can make a launcher that looks the same as the other. As I recall the title object is just a PegPrompt with the colors reversed. The window compisition is slightly more complicated. The parent PegWindow has no border (FF_NONE), contains the title, a child window that's the view of the icons and the action buttons. The child window has it's scrollmode set as described above and draws a border using the FF_THIN style. It contains the icon window which should be resized as necessary each time an icon is added or removed.

Use CPWriteMCSFile and CPReadMCSFile to load and save your data. Use IMU_MCS_TypeMem and the CPMEMFileHeader class so that your mem file can be differentiated from other mem files. The rest is left as an exercise to the reader. :^) From the stuff I've seen you guys do I'm sure you can make it happen on your own.

Can you give me these functions?

Sorry, I can't. I'm bound by the same restrictions from Casio as Brian is. Maybe we can convince Casio to expose these functions in a future version of the SDK.

#28 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

There would be no problems if you mail them to me. ;)

kilburn AT free.fr

classpadcrazy AT hotmail.fr

#29 Orwell

Orwell

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio AFX 1.02 / Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:02 PM

He said that he may not give it (in any way), so there is no need to insist... <_<

#30 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:01 PM

Maybe should I buy a TI... :angry:

#31 kevinator9

kevinator9

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300
    Classpad Manager

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:32 AM

I had my programs but now I don't. I went to classpad.org and clicked the download now button but it went to another page and didn't download it. What is wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users