Photo
- - - - -

New webmaster for CasioCorner requested.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Casio Corner

Casio Corner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 12:56 PM

Sigh, we've waited far to long with this but I'll finnaly take the step:

Hello, Yuri here behind the keyboard. Wouter and I used to form the crew of Casio Corner. And we still do... I little... next to none...
Do lack of time in RealLife© we failed to update Casio Corner on a regular basis. School, exams, study and girlfriends are the biggest time consumers. However more important then CC. And altough we are stil very happy with our calculator we don't use it as much as we used to... But, enough of the sentimental crap.

Thus we decided to look for a new webmaster just like Tero did three years ago. so... ANYONE?!?! ;) Well, let us know if you are interrested to take it over. CC gets about 200 to 350 visitors a day. For the current design you'll need a webserver with ASP and database functionality. This is however not required, you could also make CC a static website.
There is no hurry, so if you need a few weeks for the redesign it's no problem.

So if you are interrested or have questions, post them here in the forum or email us directly (much faster response time) casiocorner AT rpd.nl

Yuri & Wouter

#2 Simprobe

Simprobe

Administrator

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:36 PM

Ucnetwork can take it in and give it a home, and surely some of our members would be willing to look over it - IT IS GREAT CASIO HISTORY, can't make it dissapear :).

So.. if you can't find anyone else - just talk to me, and ill host it and look over it until someone else can.

BTW... We switched forums, still want me to make you guys admins? or do you not care anymore ...LOL

CYa
simon D.

#3 rstweb

rstweb

Casio Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 03:01 PM

to take casiocorner to ucnetwork would be great!

2 very good sites at one place!

#4 Guest_Bytefish Productions_*

Guest_Bytefish Productions_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2003 - 04:28 PM

I really like the Casiocorner... but i dont have much time at the moment...
broken computer, school you understand. :(
Also i am not that great webdesigner (aka Frontpage.4.0.user)...
cya.

#5 rstweb

rstweb

Casio Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 06:23 PM

i'm working on my own website about the casio and hacking of it and i know how less time i have for it.... school needs too much time!

#6 MathManiac

MathManiac

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Maths & Physics
    Girls
    Science fiction
    Cinema

• Calculators:
    fx CG20
    fx 9860 GII SD
    Afx 2.0 plus
    CFX 9850 G
    Fx 115 D
    TI 83 Plus SE
    Ti 92 Plus
    Hp 49 G

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:40 PM

i understand you perfectly about that time question...
And yes, i think Casiocorner in ucn would be fantastic :)

#7 Casio Corner

Casio Corner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 08:07 AM

I'm glad to see there is so much enthousiasm (I probably misspelled that word...) here. It would indeed be a shame to let it dissapear. Hosting CC on UCN would be a great option, we just need somebody with much motivation to adminster it. A lot of knowlage is IMO not necessary, Casio Corner was for us a great learning tool for both ASP and databases. We are of course always willing to help and explain our code etc.. Linking to the new site and or mirroring wouldn't also be a problem for the first few months - or longer.

to Simprobe: Always nice to be administrator but there isn't any reason for it, we won't use it anyways...

Grts,
Yuri

#8 Simprobe

Simprobe

Administrator

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 04:54 PM

Hmm.. welll.. I can easily handle the ASP aspect of it, that is what the new UCN is being programmed in. What database are you using? Mysql? Or MSSQL? Access? If SOMEBODY *looks at killer, bytefish* could manage the content.that would be great :) - HEY THOSE PPL THAT WANTED TO BE ADMIN's, but didn't have a site , this is a PERFECT oppertunity for you , too bad i see your not taking it.

#9 Guest_Bytefish Productions_*

Guest_Bytefish Productions_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2003 - 09:06 PM

of course i would be able to upload games and programs that would be mailed to me and so on, but i am extremly bad at webdesigning... :lol:
And i cant use my beloved frontpage for that right? :)

/edit: plus i dont program casio for two years now (my last game was that porche 2000 :D)
At the moment i am doing a shell with a schoolfriend, and damn this takes time. :(

#10 Casio Corner

Casio Corner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 08:24 PM

Hmm.. welll.. I can easily handle the ASP aspect of it, that is what the new UCN is being programmed in.  What database are you using? Mysql? Or MSSQL?  Access?

We are currently using MSSQL but I suppose it is not hard to import it to the database of your choise. Mysql or perhaps postgress or whatever digs our SQL queries...

If SOMEBODY *looks at killer, bytefish* could manage the content.that would be great :) - HEY THOSE PPL THAT WANTED TO BE ADMIN's, but didn't have a site , this is a PERFECT oppertunity for you , too bad i see your not taking it.

:) Sofar I have found 2 candidates for CC. I don't know however whether they are able to actually host CC. both are motivated to maintain though.

And bytefish: it's preferable not to use Frontpage for way better control over the site. we indeed started editing CC with FP but once you know a bit more you can just use notepad...

#11 Simprobe

Simprobe

Administrator

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 10:18 PM

Well..like i said Numerous times, the UCN hosts casio sites absolutely free .. no charge whatsoever. And no advertisements. You just have to qualify.. you will have to ask the admins you are considering to email me, and tell me their skills, and if their intentions are trully for keeping the CC up and running! If I like them - ill host them.

What THey Get:
-ASP
-PHP
-MYSQL
-CGI
-JSP
-PostgreSQL
-Email Account (POP/SMTP)
-Remote File Upload / Control Panel
-Backup System
-FULL FTP Access
-SSH
-SSL
- And MUCH MUCH MORE!

We are currently running on a reseller package, so this host has most of the features anyone would ever need to run a site.

If you and they are interested contact me at simprobe AT mail.ru

Thank,
Simon Dobretsov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users