Kamugin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-260 Solar, fx-82TL, fx-7300g.

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:56 PM

Hello
I'm a new member here and I live in Brazil. I saw a topic about these new Casio models, FX991ES or FX570ES, and become interested in buying one. I've searched at eBay and Amazon but have found none. :( Does anyone can indicate a website where I can buy one online and have it shipped to Brazil? It must be written in english, spanish, italian or even in french. Thanks

Julio

#2 Guest_o_*

Guest_o_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:04 PM

yea... does anyone also know where you can buy online shipped to Australia.

#3 Marco

Marco

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX 9850G (broken),
    Casio CFX 9850GB,
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

Maybe contact Casio where to buy one in Brazil

---edit:---

The only thing I know is dynatech: they deliver everywhere and have the FX 991 ES (http://www.dynatech....t.php?prod=3239). But the site's in German only and for Brazil for sure they have horrible shipping charges as it's far away... As I said, you should try to contact Casio.

#4 Kamugin

Kamugin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:11 AM

Maybe contact Casio where to buy one in Brazil

---edit:---

The only thing I know is dynatech: they deliver everywhere and have the FX 991 ES (http://www.dynatech....t.php?prod=3239). But the site's in German only and for Brazil for sure they have horrible shipping charges as it's far away... As I said, you should try to contact Casio.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Casio site we have here in Brazil is very poor over available models of calculators. I've found the FX991ES at the German counterpart of eBay www.ebay.de, the price was 19.40 EUR... it is already a bit expensive, I think. But I was intended to buy... however when the seller told me the exorbitant shipping tax of 40.00 EUR by land or 61.00EUR by air I had to decline very quickly! :blink:
Even on the Hong Kong counterpart of eBay I didn't found these calculatos, is Casio selling them only in Germany?? :huh:
Now I've buyed one 991MS at ebay.co.uk... I'll try to content myself with this model until the day I'll find a 991ES maybe.
One last thing... UK international shipping tax for this calculator was only GBP 4.95 (approximately US $9.02)... much, much more reasonable! ^_^

#5 Guest_Sergei Frolov_*

Guest_Sergei Frolov_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:54 AM

Now I've buyed one 991MS at ebay.co.uk... I'll try to content myself with this model until the day I'll find a 991ES maybe.

If you are not a student, the FX-991MS may be more comfortable than the fx-991ES. I have both and fx-991MS is better for me.

#6 Kamugin

Kamugin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:43 PM

If you are not a student, the FX-991MS may be more comfortable than the fx-991ES. I have both and fx-991MS is better for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I was particularly interested in the natural display feature of 991ES and also the feature of doing ∑ (sum of expressions... I don't know the exact term in english). I think that the two line display of the S-V.P.A.M. models are bothering because large expressions easily exceeds its range. :(

#7 Guest_Sergei Frolov_*

Guest_Sergei Frolov_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:21 AM

Function ∑ compute not sum of expressions but sum of one expression for a specific range. You need to enter only one expression in to command line, and range.

∑(X+1, 1, 5) = 20

#8 Kamugin

Kamugin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:20 PM

Function ∑ compute not sum of expressions but sum of one expression for a specific range. You need to enter only one expression in to command line, and range.

∑(X+1, 1, 5) = 20

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this was exactly I intended to mean, I didn't write a correct explanation but this is the feature that I want, thak you.

#9 Guest_a person desprate for fx911es_*

Guest_a person desprate for fx911es_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:36 AM

does anyone know a site or place that has fx-991es or fx570es shipped to Taiwan or Australia or Indonesia??

#10 Guest_INDIAN_*

Guest_INDIAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

The Casio site we have here in Brazil is very poor over available models of calculators. I've found the FX991ES at the German counterpart of eBay www.ebay.de, the price was 19.40 EUR... it is already a bit expensive, I think. But I was intended to buy... however when the seller told me the exorbitant shipping tax of 40.00 EUR by land or 61.00EUR by air I had to decline very quickly! :blink:
Even on the Hong Kong counterpart of eBay I didn't found these calculatos, is Casio selling them only in Germany?? :huh:
One last thing... UK international shipping tax for this calculator was only GBP 4.95 (approximately US $9.02)... much, much more reasonable! ^_^

Your prices seem very high! In India, Casio FX991MS model sells for about Rs.500, about US$12.50 only. But then they wont ship, you will have to go to the shop and buy. I do not know about FX991ES, though. :o

#11 Guest_Canada_*

Guest_Canada_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:42 AM

Hello Everyone,

I realize that you probably have already found a source for this calculator, but I know that Staples Business Depot sells this calculator from http://staples.ca...

I bought mine from there at $28 CAD and shipping is $15, or free if total is over $50, so I bought some printer paper too and so calculator+paper is over $50 so shipping is free...

Staples has sites in the following countries:
USA:
Great Britain: Germany: Netherlands: Portugal: www.staples.com
www.staples.co.uk
www.staples.de
www.officecentre.nl
www.staples.pt

If your country is not there, call staples because I'm sure they'll ship it to you internationally: +1-877-350-8500

#12 Guest_Heretic_*

Guest_Heretic_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

I paid US$40 for the Casio fx-991ES (final price, 2-5 business days shipping included) here in southern Europe... I think the price is fair (fast shipping included). I wanted to buy the fx-570ES (=the fx-991ES working with 1 AAA battery, not solar powered) but I ended up buying the fx-991ES, I think it's the best version of these natural-display calculators and the solar thing is a nice feature. Another model is the fx-115ES sold manly in USA&Canada, but it seems the fx-991ES is a bug-fixed version of the fx-115ES.

I also own an extremely nice programmable Casio fx-4000p (bought in 1990, still working 100% 18 years later), and one of the best calculators ever created: the Casio fx-7500g (working 100%, since 1992).

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

FX-991ES unboxing photos: http://tinyurl.com/2zjgqz

#14 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

The fx-991ES is great. It's the best scientific calculator I have ever used. The natural textbook display in this scientific calculators makes calculations a breeze. The equation solver is also another nice feature.

#15 Guest_Shajed_*

Guest_Shajed_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:04 AM

hi,

i saw fx-570es and fx-991es... but i noticed a problem. when u divide any two numbers it gives the ans in fraction format not in decimal format (ex. 3.3333).....is there any way or function to get the ans directly in decimal format????

i need decimal formate...if this problem can be solved i will buy one......

#16 Guest_paris student_*

Guest_paris student_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

I have a Casio fx-92 College 2D. It was giving me the fractions, too. Then I pressed SHIFT, SETUP, and then number 2, which says "LineIO" (I don't even know what that means), and it fixed it. It does decimals now. Hope this helps.

#17 Guest_masami_*

Guest_masami_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:06 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: xin chao! :lol:toi den tu viet nam va ti cung muon tim mua mot cai may tinh casio 570es

Hello
I'm a new member here and I live in Brazil. I saw a topic about these new Casio models, FX991ES or FX570ES, and become interested in buying one. I've searched at eBay and Amazon but have found none. :( Does anyone can indicate a website where I can buy one online and have it shipped to Brazil? It must be written in english, spanish, italian or even in french. Thanks

Julio

#18 Guest_AbbY_*

Guest_AbbY_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

hi,

i saw fx-570es and fx-991es... but i noticed a problem. when u divide any two numbers it gives the ans in fraction format not in decimal format (ex. 3.3333).....is there any way or function to get the ans directly in decimal format????

i need decimal formate...if this problem can be solved i will buy one......

Hello.. I am glad i can help you... yes.. it can be changed... there is a key something like (S <=> D) it will change from mixed to normal fraction and to decimal... IN CASE IF IT DOES NOT:
you need to press the (SHIFT) button and the equal sign.. (=)

They both are very good calculators, but i recommend that you buy the 579 es because its price and 991es's price is half to double (atleast in my place).. and the only thing that is extra in 991es is a solar cell.. which is not very useful.. u can buy cells and they are cheap! Also dont have it delivered if u can... cos it saves money.. try searching the marker!

#19 Guest_Russian_Engineer_*

Guest_Russian_Engineer_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

I've bought 570ES 5 hours ago. I'm fun! I've already spent 2 hours with Mathematical Textbook enjoying interals! I didn't used to natural display before. There're some difficulties still. But it does work!

#20 Guest_Ping_*

Guest_Ping_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

Hello.. I am glad i can help you... yes.. it can be changed... there is a key something like (S <=> D) it will change from mixed to normal fraction and to decimal... IN CASE IF IT DOES NOT:
you need to press the (SHIFT) button and the equal sign.. (=)

They both are very good calculators, but i recommend that you buy the 579 es because its price and 991es's price is half to double (atleast in my place).. and the only thing that is extra in 991es is a solar cell.. which is not very useful.. u can buy cells and they are cheap! Also dont have it delivered if u can... cos it saves money.. try searching the marker!

Hi,

Could you be so kind to provide me with the EXACT buttons to press on order? I tried what you recommended but it doesn't work.

Thank in advance!

#21 Guest_jcmolero_*

Guest_jcmolero_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

An example:
in math mode:
1 ÷ 3 = S<=>D, or
1 ÷ 3 SHIFT =
in line mode (SHIFT MODE(SETUP) 2(LINEIO))
1 ÷ 3 =

return to math mode (SHIFT MODE(SETUP) 1(MTHIO))

#22 Guest_ginuel_*

Guest_ginuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hello

Julio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users