Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, FX-850P, FX-7700G, Voyage 200

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:07 AM

Hello people,
i've decided to buy another calc to help in my engineering studies. I must say that i am a little bit disappointed with the results of the contest as i was expecting some programs to fill the flaws of the CP. Because that didn't happened i decided to buy another one (keeping my CP), but i don't know what to buy, so i'm asking for your help on this one. I'm very indecise between Voyage 200 and 49g+.
I'm very tempted for HP but i'm not sure, and i don't want to make another mystake ! One wrong(for now at least) calc is enough for me !
Please give me your opinions, and if you know about some comparison tests, tell me please.

Regards

fiberoptik

#2 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:32 AM

Buy a voyage 200 it has a lot of ingeneering programs also the TI basic is not sloooow as CASIO basic, the class pad 300 has the potencial to became the more powerfull calc ever made but at this moment "potencial" had became a word whit no meaning in the class pad, I also sometimes think that I made a mistake buying my class pad and the contest does not help in anything to me if I want to play games I prefer to use my game voy advance..... =)?

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:46 AM

the HP49g+ is descended from the HP48, which is a true engineers calculator. While the 49 is probably harder to learn then the voyage, the fact that you've bothered to ask means you can probably learn it easily enough.

If you like programming, new programs written for the 49 are 100 times faster than those for the voyager.

#4 Daruosh

Daruosh

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Electronics, Image Processing, Neural Networks, AI, System Development, Calc, Guitar, Music,

• Calculators:
    CP 300 OS 3.03, Algebra FX 2.0 Plus ROM 1.05, CG-20

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:54 PM

I suggest TI Voyager tooQ It's a great calc.

#5 gastro

gastro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:42 AM

What is wrong with the ClassPad. I ave had mine for two weeks and I love it. It is very easy to use, has the best spreadsheet and I like some of the games. :rock:

#6 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

nothing is particularly wrong with it, its just not a great calc for engeneering.

#7 Filip Georgijev

Filip Georgijev

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Computing, Programming, Casio...

• Calculators:
    CASIO ClassPad 300 OS Version 2.00 2x, CASIO ALgebra FX 2.0 Plus, CASIO CFX-9970G, CASIO CFX-9950GB+, CASIO fx-6300G, CASIO fx-570, CASIO fx-991MS and so on... Huh!!!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:25 PM

Just imagine, Casio has removed engineering symbols support from all calculators from all the series, starting this year! :banghead: :cry: :nonono: :profanity: :rant:

#8 R00KIE

R00KIE

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, games, programming

• Calculators:
    HP49G ROM 1.24; CASIO CFX-9850GB PLUS;CASIO FX-6300G; CASIO FX-82TL

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

I don't know if the TI's have them but the HP do not, you must use exponents, i don't care about that too much anymore it looks better on paper with exponents if you have to mix stuff that cannot be reduced to prefix notation

#9 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:03 PM

Hello people, i've decided for V200. Too bad i'm still waiting for it...
For what i've seen so far it's a spectacular calc, and there are lots of 3rd party software for engineering and maths. Look for EEPro! It's simply fantastic, it does everything a electronics student want (including Fourier Transform).
It's true that CP has some functions that V200 don?t (FactorOut for example) but V200 has others more important for me. And it seems that the V200's CAS engine is more powerfull (check this http://www.ti-cas.org/casio/).
There is one thing i like more in Casio, is the possibility to write an expression like in a text book (49g+ also does this). I was very interested in 49g+ but it is very complicated to work with. Only one more thing, i don't know if there is a great difference between Casio Basic and TI Basic, but for those who understand them both, with don't somebody translate some of the TI programs to Casio ? There are programs for everything we miss in CP !
Ok, it's enough for now, i'll write some more after receiving and practising with V200. Meanwhile i'll keep my CP (because i relly like it) and wait for further developments.

regards

fiberoptik

#10 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:56 PM

Hello again people, just another comparison test, this time between V200 and 49g+

http://www.technical...k/benchmark.pdf

regards

fiberoptik

#11 Fezzier

Fezzier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:40 AM

Hello again people, just another comparison test, this time between V200 and 49g+

http://www.technical...k/benchmark.pdf

regards

fiberoptik

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about benchmarks with the ClassPad?

#12 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:29 PM

casio and ti basic arnt extreamly difficult to translate, most everything is done diffrently but you can get the same results... you just have to know how to do it.

#13 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:26 PM

Hmm, a performance test suite would be nice. :) It would be cool to have a program that can run on a calculator and report the timing results for a list of expressions. This would also be great for testing any change in the OS. ;)

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:08 AM

In fact Softcal, a benchmark program would be very handy.

regards

fiberoptik

#15 R00KIE

R00KIE

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, games, programming

• Calculators:
    HP49G ROM 1.24; CASIO CFX-9850GB PLUS;CASIO FX-6300G; CASIO FX-82TL

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:34 PM

Just learn very carefully how to work with your calc and pray that you never come across an HP user that has his calc loaded with libraries, because you might regret of the TI purchase...or not.

Oh, btw in case you haven?t noticed HP DOES have an Algebraic mode, and from my point of view HP is closer to the Casio in terms of usage than the TI.

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:39 AM

Hello Rookie,
in fact it's a pitty that the V200 has only 2.7MB of flash and don't have SD card support like HP(wich is one of it's biggest advantages). About the libraries, i've made some search before choosing the calc, and both have lot's of engineering and math software available, so the only problem is storage capacity to keep all that software in the calc. I'll just have to choose what software i really need to keep. I think that TI and Casio should think about SD card support in future models.

regards

fiberoptik

#17 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:48 PM

there is in fact a new casio comming out with SD support, just take a look in the main forum ;)

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

No CAS though, so its not a serious contender.

#19 Filip Georgijev

Filip Georgijev

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Computing, Programming, Casio...

• Calculators:
    CASIO ClassPad 300 OS Version 2.00 2x, CASIO ALgebra FX 2.0 Plus, CASIO CFX-9970G, CASIO CFX-9950GB+, CASIO fx-6300G, CASIO fx-570, CASIO fx-991MS and so on... Huh!!!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

There are not so many programs for the ClassPad 300 created from its existence, so that its 4MB of flash memory will be probably enough even in the next years...
However, the file number limit in the ClassPad MCS has to be improved... It is big shame for the memory to support only a hundred eActivities or so... See you soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users