bigjohn4u@xtra.co.nz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio PV-S1600

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:01 PM

Hi their.
I have recently purchased a Casio pv-s1600and Iam having a problem getting my computer to see the Casio.
I realize this forum is dedicated to a different type of PV but the problem, I am having seems to be similar to above. So I hope you can help.
I am running XP professional on a Dell Pentium 4, 3gig machine.
I have followed the set up instructions and loaded the software as it is instructed in the setup manual. When I connect the PV to the USB cable, nothing happens for wil and then it comes up with a dialog box, saying there is something wrong with connection and the computer does not recognise the equipment, I have tried Casio help. And there is yet they have been no help.
I have tried the driver. set out above with no improvement. it seems to load a device manager for an unknown devicebut does not install a driver for that device.
can you please help me, as yet, I have been unable to get my computer to recognise the equipment. I have also de installed the softwareand reinstalled it with no improvement.

I don't know if I will ever get this thing to work, and I really need it. Please help me if you can.

Yours, living in hopes John Tomlinson.

#2 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:57 AM

It comes up with a dialog box, saying there is something wrong with connection and the computer does not recognise the equipment...

Connect your PV to your PC and then goto control-panel and run "Add hardware wizard". See if the wizard can help you. It either installs the PV driver for you (maybe it asks you to enter your CD), or it returns an error.
Hmm... Another thing... Maybe something is wrong with your cable?

#3 bigjohn4u@xtra.co.nz

bigjohn4u@xtra.co.nz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio PV-S1600

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:48 PM

Connect your PV to your PC and then goto control-panel and run "Add hardware wizard". See if the wizard can help you. It either installs the PV driver for you (maybe it asks you to enter your CD), or it returns an error.
Hmm... Another thing... Maybe something is wrong with your cable?

Thank you have tryed that dusent find it cabel i new so should be ok will check.

Regards John

#4 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

Thank you have tryed that dusent find it cabel i new so should be ok will check.

(?!) OK... I hope you can solve your problem. I recommend you to go to a computer forum and ask your question there, too. Probably the people there can help you more...

#5 Guest_tushar.takawale@gmail.com (from_*

Guest_tushar.takawale@gmail.com (from_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

Dear John,

I faced similar problem with my PV1600.
Please follow this link.
http://www.casio.co..../download.html#

You may be able to do it.
If not please let me know I will help you out with some more details.

Best regards - TUSHAR (Pune-India)

#6 Guest_hardik thar_*

Guest_hardik thar_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:54 AM

i have 1 of u'r PV-S1600

i am willing to communicate it with an external device.so is it possible for u to send me the protocol detail(bulk transfer) used by the device.

#7 Guest_Juan Pablo Villazon Richter_*

Guest_Juan Pablo Villazon Richter_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

hi! i have the same problem, but i 've tried this.. in the SETUP BIOS, disable the USB. 2.0 option and change it to USB. 1.1, then start windows, plug the PV-S1600, put the PV in Sync Start, and it should be detected, then install the driver... BUT!! there is my problem.. i install the driver and then i plug the PV again and it is detected, but 5 seconds later, in the pv a message apears "COMUNICATION FAILED" ... i don't have the INSTALL CD, that's why i think the problems are the drivers.. please if anyone can, send me the "DRIVERS" and the "FILE TRANSFER MANAGER". THANKS IF ANYONE MAKE A PV-S1600 WORK WITH THE USB CABLE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....

Thanks
email juanpablo_vr AT hotmail.com

#8 Guest_Pile Driver_*

Guest_Pile Driver_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

This is happening because the software provided is not compatible with Windows Xp or later. You require an upgrade. If you are still looking for a solution contact me at pile_driver_2006 AT yahoo.co.in. I have got it working

#9 Guest_MPM_*

Guest_MPM_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

During version update in my PV-S1600, the automatic connection does not take place when I click the .Bin file open.Any help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users