15 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow

Shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:07 AM

Hi,
Currently i am using the program from Casio Kingdom to transfer .g1r files to my calculator(My calculator is a fx-9860G AU). But now I have found many more type of file types in which refuse to be transfered on that programme (invalid extension error). Is there a converter which will make these files into .g1r (easy to use) or is there another transferring programme out there?

By the way i have tried to download all the transferring programs on casio avenue although doesnt suit the format of my computer. The main format which i want to transfer to my calculator is a .txt file.

Thanks in advance ^_^

#2 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:36 AM

1) Tell us the name of the program! Do you mean FA-124?
2) What extensions refuse to transfer? If you mean cat files & co. then read the tutorials on installing the 9850 cat files on the 9860.

*edit

I just read the text again ;) must have missed the thing about cat files and txt files :D
however, txt files are non transferable. You must first convert them to cat (or g1? formats). Best
you create a new file using FA-124 and paste the contents (only the source, no the headder) of the
cat or TXT files in there.

#3 Shadow

Shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:07 PM

1) Tell us the name of the program! Do you mean FA-124?
2) What extensions refuse to transfer? If you mean cat files & co. then read the tutorials on installing the 9850 cat files on the 9860.

1) Yes

2) All except g1r but the tutorial state its g1m so my com might be displaying it to short 0_o.

This was one of the only tutorials in which i was able to find

To convert fxi -> cat -> g1m
select type of calculator Graph 25/65 (7400/9850) in FA-124
create new 7400/9850 program, edit it
use cat2fxi to get stuff to paste from fxi into CAT 7400/9850 format
now Save As.. save cat file using Algebra FX series
close everything- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -Not needed (already have the cat folder)
open cat file in FA-124 which is now Algebra FX format CAT- - - -My FA-124 wont even open Cat files (wont display it as if it doesnt exist)
edit it in FA-124, copy the program and change mode to Graph 85- - - -- - - - - 0_o
create new g85 program, edit it and paste stuff from Algebra fx CAT- - - -- - - Obviously i cannot continue
Save as g1m

There was another program above it describing a tutorial (found in tutorials section) Although to use it you have to back tarck the tutorial and obviously i am not smart at this stuff so.... you get the picture.

This is the assumption that the FA-124 can transfer (on my com anyway :( ) g1m files as the only extension i have succesfully transfered (to my knowledge) is .g1r

In short the tutorial on this site i am finding to confusing, can somebody rapidly dumb it down for me, find me another tutorial if i missed one, or head me in the direction of a good conversion programme.

The main list of programmes in which i want converted (mainly from casio avenue) incude .Cat , g1a (physium) , fxi, .cas, ctf (There the main culprets all in which The programme FA-124 cannot open or send to my calc.

If you still do not understnd what i am trying to say please give me your email address (or i give you mine) so i can show you a picture of what i mean or give you examples of the programmes i am trying to work with

If you read all of this you deserve to give your self an award :)

#4 Guest_samuel_*

Guest_samuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:32 PM

In short the tutorial on this site i am finding to confusing, can somebody rapidly dumb it down for me, find me another tutorial if i missed one, or head me in the direction of a good conversion programme.

The main list of programmes in which i want converted (mainly from casio avenue) incude .Cat , g1a (physium) , fxi, .cas, ctf (There the main culprets all in which The programme FA-124 cannot open or send to my calc.

If you still do not understnd what i am trying to say please give me your email address (or i give you mine) so i can show you a picture of what i mean or give you examples of the programmes i am trying to work with

If you read all of this you deserve to give your self an award :)

Shadow,

To transfer .cat you do not need to open the file with FA-124.

As for .gla, it is an Add-in to the 9860AU so you cannot convert it. You use a Add-In installer to install the .gla file to your 9860.

Others like .cas, .fxi and so on, you must first use the catfxi program to convert them into .cat form, then use FA-124 to convert the .cat file into .glr or .glm.

samuel

#5 Shadow

Shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 04:16 PM

Shadow,

To transfer .cat you do not need to open the file with FA-124.

As for .gla, it is an Add-in to the 9860AU so you cannot convert it. You use a Add-In installer to install the .gla file to your 9860.

Others like .cas, .fxi and so on, you must first use the catfxi program to convert them into .cat form, then use FA-124 to convert the .cat file into .glr or .glm.

samuel

Thanks for the help, i under stand about point 2(-ok looks like i dont understand point two :P, is there a seperate Add-In installer to install the .gla (not the physium folder istself) As i have searched Casio main Homepage read all the faqs and it does not tell me of such a programe. Can you give me a direct link to the file? If you are just talking about the Physium folder itself, it refuses to be transfered) but for point 1 how do you transfer the .cat file without the transfer programme (FA-124)
For point 3 how do you use the FA-124 to convert the .cat file into .glr or .glm? I can locate an option to convert but has none of the options, and how does it convert .cat folders if i cannot display the folder on the display screen of the FA-124 programme?

If you can answer these questoins i think i will be able to transfer the files i need.

#6 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Location:Impossible to say.. Its not like this is a constant!

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:01 AM

In order to transfer .g1a files, you must click the little button with a green pen somewhere at the top of the screen ... that changes the display of the calculator in the program, then right click, import a file, now you can get .g1a files :). Select physium, and then drag it over to the calc.

As for .cat files, go to the 9850 mode, open your .cat file, then click convert 9850 <=> 9860 button in the menu. It will ask for a name and then save. You have saved the file in a .g1m format. Now go back to the 9860 mode, right click and import a file, select the .g1m file and then drag it over to the calc area (left of screen).
Hope this helps, I could be wrong.

#7 caspro

caspro

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

The following applies to the english-language version of FA-124
available at Casio Kingdom.

1) To open a G1M file in fa-124:

* Look at the right-hand window where it says:
Computer
+Default

* Use right-mouse button to click on Default

* Select 'Import fx-9860 file' from the pop-up menu

2) To create G1M files:

* Using left-mouse button, click on Default

* Go back up to the main menu at the top of FA-124

* Select 'Item', then 'New'

* Enter a name

* a program will appear in the right-hand window
(to view it, you may need to click the '+' symbol to expand the contents of Default)

* Right-click on the program and select 'Export to fx-9860 file'

3) To use CAT files on the 9860:

* From the main menu, select 'Tool', then 'Model Type', select 'fx-7400/fx-9850' or 'Algebra FX'

* Once the earlier model-type has been selected, use File..Open to open a .cat file.

* From the main menu, select 'Tool' then 'Convert' then 'fx-9860<=>fx-9850 conversion'

* A dialog box will pop-up to choose a new name

* Select 'Tool', 'Model Type' '9860' to go back to the 9860 view.

* Now if you open .g1r files from the main menu: 'File', 'Open ...' the .cat file will now
be available as a .g1r file with the new name you chose.

The earlier tutorial about converting .cat to .g1m was written as a workaround for the french version of
FA-124 which doesn't have the facility to convert .cat to .g1r.

(edited post: removed info on cat2fxi and ctf2cat which have been superceded by Casform.)

#8 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:BASIC +FORTRAN 90+ C++.....and HALF LIFE

• Calculators:
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus, Casio fx 570 ms, Classpad 300, And a crowbar

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:42 PM

Hey people... I downloaded a text reader for AFX 2.0+ on the filesharing...problem

I dont know how to put .TXT?s on my calc... :banghead:

Any other thing.. i need a easy to use prog for multiple format file transfer to calc....Flash 100 exists in english?

#9 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:47 AM

As .txt files use multiple formats and are not consistent, the only way to get them onto your calc is to copy and save them into another format, which may not work due to comments, and numerous differences to the new format. You could also type the program into your calc.

#10 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:16 AM

In fact on calc TXT readers suppports simple ASCII text files. You put those files on your calc the same way you install an add-in. You have to use Flash100 (the most up to date and effective program available).

#11 Guest_Aspragg_*

Guest_Aspragg_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:42 AM

hey you no that program physium
can you send it to aspragg AT hotmail.com
thx
aspragg

#12 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:19 AM

You can download PHYSIUM free from the official Casio website.

#13 caspro

caspro

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:39 AM

I've written Casform (version 8.1): an upgraded version of cat2fxi with support for g1m and txt formats.
Download it at:
http://members.lycos...ml/casform.html

Using Casform should be a bit more convenient than
the previouly posted method of doing conversions.

Most text files use plain ascii symbols to represent
casio symbols. e.g. -> => <= >= _ etc

but some contain the symbols: ? ? ? ? ? -> ? ? ?

where you would expect + - * / -> => <= >= _

Such text files are in fact copied from FX-Interface's editor
and you can convert them to g1m by pasting them
into Casform and selecting fxi as the input.

Casform recognises a wide variety of
text notations: e.g. theta, \th, @ for theta,
<>, =|=, =/=, =\=, != for not equals etc

#14 caspro

caspro

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:35 PM

All the .g1* files are designed for use with FA-124, but there are different ways of opening them.

* g1r is opened from the main menu ( or g1s if you click green pen) (click the calculator icon to go back to g1r)

* g1a - click the icon of the green pen, then in the right-hand window right-click on default to import

* g1m -click on the calculator icon, then in the right-hand window right-click on default to import.

For detailed tutorials see:
http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=3105

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

All the .g1* files are designed for use with FA-124, but there are different ways of opening them.

* g1r is opened from the main menu ( or g1s if you click green pen) (click the calculator icon to go back to g1r)

* g1a - click the icon of the green pen, then in the right-hand window right-click on default to import

* g1m -click on the calculator icon, then in the right-hand window right-click on default to import.

For detailed tutorials see:
http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=3105

Tks !!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I installed 4 games with this tutorial !!

#16 just cause 2

just cause 2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-9860GII SD

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

What abut the SD card ? I have FX-9860GII SD and i want to know what kind of SD card will work on it cuz I already tried 2 kinds of SD cards and all I get is.... CARD ERROR ! :banghead:

What do I have to do.... ? <_<

Edited by just cause 2, 24 November 2011 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users