#1 TestandReview

TestandReview

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300PLUS

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

Ok, here are some ideas that I would like to see on the classpad if you could help...please

1. A Matrix solver, matrices up to 4x4

2. A word converter, so you can put notes on classpad

3. Something that can find the area of different shapes, radius, circumfrence...

#2 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:BASIC +FORTRAN 90+ C++.....and HALF LIFE

• Calculators:
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus, Casio fx 570 ms, Classpad 300, And a crowbar

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:37 AM

Welcome to the UCF

First, we're pleased to answer your questions, but for basic problems.... use your users guide , you'll get answers quickly than wait for us

1) The calc can solve large matrices without programming (but not faster over 25x25). If you need to solve large matrices faster: Use LNA. what's LNA? A numerical analisys library written in LUA, a new programming language see on the forum the LUA topic

2) You can put notes on the classpad! (use the eactivity application) :D , notes, formulas, geometry...etc

3) You can calculate the area of shapes using the geometry application.

So, nothing is needed, only read your users guide

Be in mind that you have and advanced math device, if it can't solve 4x4 matrix, we may not buy it ^_^

#3 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Computer Algebra, Numerical Analysis.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 (plus an old Casio model, with only a few Kb ram).

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:38 AM

1) The calc can solve large matrices without programming (but not faster over 25x25). If you need to solve large matrices faster: Use LNA. what's LNA? A numerical analisys library written in LUA, a new programming language see on the forum the LUA topic

Thanks for "advertising" LNA, AFX_Master :rolleyes:. Btw, I have just noticed that you are from Black Mesa Facility, and you even have access to sector C. Maybe you should change your name to "Doctor Freeman" ^_^.

#4 Behnoud

Behnoud

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

• Calculators:
    CP 300+ OS2.2/
    FX 3600 pv/
    FX 115 s/
    FX 602P

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

I wonder to khow what The Mesa facility is and where it is located.

#5 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:50 AM

I wonder to khow what The Mesa facility is and where it is located.

Well, I don't want to pollute this topic, but I have to say that, obviously, you haven't ever played Half-Life 2, one of the best games ever made (and certainly the best 3D action game).

#6 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

:offtopic: Black Mesa Research Facility.... yeeeeeah!, not less!, It's the BIG lab that starts al the HL sequence, when a experiment fails and...Behnoud: play HL-HL2-HL episode 1, to see more details. About advertising LNA.. It's necessary and just :D . is a great work.

ontopic (i mean. on ClassPAd Forum):

BTW PAP, Omegavirus and me are thinking about create a user friendly input interface for LNA, for all the users that have no need (example: n00bs :nod: ) to use it as a library, but as a advanced and faster calc. Are you agree?. remember that handle large LNA scripts is not a deal for newcomers. (Your manual is a jewel!, that help a lot)

PD: PAP, there is a great HL mod called HL Invasion, it's made by a french team.. I recommend it 100% starts when HL ends!, it's a singleplayer adventure.

#7 Orwell

Orwell

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio AFX 1.02 / Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:21 AM

:offtopic: Did you guys see the new HL?: Episode Two trailer ? :P I can't way until February :cry:

#8 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:34 AM

Yes, i saw. I hope that Alyx will not die.. Casio will release OS 3 with HL2 ep2 in a "gold collectors pack" :roflol: :roflol:

#9 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:14 AM

Casio will release OS 3 with HL2 ep2 in a "gold collectors pack" :roflol: :roflol:

:plol: :plol: :plol: :plol: :plol: :plol:

#10 girdeux

girdeux

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

• Calculators:
    casio fx-115ms;
    casio classpad 300

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hi the HL (1 & 2) are the best action game that I have never played, "es la ostia vamos" :roflol:
I know that will be HL2 episode 2 soon, but I didn't know that it will be in February, is it sure?? :huh:
I will wait for february impaciently... B)

#11 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

BTW PAP, Omegavirus and me are thinking about create a user friendly input interface for LNA, for all the users that have no need (example: n00bs :nod: ) to use it as a library, but as a advanced and faster calc. Are you agree?. remember that handle large LNA scripts is not a deal for newcomers.

As long as you will respect the GNU Public Licence (GPL), I don't have any problem with that. However, I think that your interface will be of limited use. You cannot solve real problems by simply using an interface to LNA. To do something "serious", you need to "get your hands dirty", that is, to write some code which calls LNA functions.

(Your manual is a jewel!, that help a lot)

Wow, thank you. I have spent plenty of time to write the documentation, but at least I can see that it is useful.

#12 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:34 PM

As long as you will respect the GNU Public Licence (GPL), I don't have any problem with that. However, I think that your interface will be of limited use. You cannot solve real problems by simply using an interface to LNA. To do something "serious", you need to "get your hands dirty", that is, to write some code which calls LNA functions.

Not problem PAP, Where i can these rules (GPL)?
For the interface. is only to work as a calc, doing 1 problem at moment. Lua is a lot faster, then we can solve things that classpad does, but faster and in the same way, easy.. Then when the newbies ask "How i can solve large matrices...How i..How i...", We have a unique reply "Download LNA, you can use a pack for UI with LNA...".

#13 Xtreme

Xtreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for "advertising" LNA, AFX_Master :rolleyes:. Btw, I have just noticed that you are from Black Mesa Facility, and you even have access to sector C. Maybe you should change your name to "Doctor Freeman" ^_^.

I'm still looking for Area 7 :D

As long as you will respect the GNU Public Licence (GPL), I don't have any problem with that. However, I To do something "serious", you need to "get your hands dirty", that is, to write some code which calls LNA functions.

If done well an interface can help beginners. I'm trying out LNA and it's amazing. Great job PAP. The documentation is written well. Too bad you can't have the documentation built in as a help system.

Any chance of having command help in CPLua?

#14 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:57 AM

Not problem PAP, Where i can these rules (GPL)?

The whole GPL is included in LNA's manual. I know it's a technical paper, but you should read it before doing anything. Note that GPL lets you modify the code (provided, among others, that you declare in your program that it's a modification derived from the original, and may contain bugs not present in the original version). However, my personal wish is not to modify anything in LNA.

If done well an interface can help beginners get a "taste" of what's inside.

Yes, but I have to say that I don't like this idea. I bet that the majority of users will try to avoid programming, and they will never use LNA as a library; they will simply use the interface to solve some problems, and they will conclude that LNA is exactly that: a rather simple numerical calculator, which is not true.

I'm trying out LNA and it's amazing. Great job PAP. The documentation is written well, which makes everything pretty easy to use. Too bad you can't have the documentation built-in as a help system.

Thank you for your kind remarks. However, the built-in help system is out of question, as you already know. One could, of course, develop a help program, but I will never spend the time needed to do such a thing. Printing the documentation is, I think, much more useful.

#15 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

Nothing of the code of LNA will be modified, :)

Our idea is to provide a external modulus that call LNA functions and procedures, remember PAP, the hard-rocking users use your LNA, in fact, thy will throw our pack to the waste dump :nod: . This module is intended to be totally independent of LNA. and cover three areas that direct code editing makes annoying:

1: Matrix input & output
2: Equation Input
3: statistic data input.

PAP, using LNA without these aids is difficult for big problems, with these applets, the library would work at top of their potential!. Are you agree with this focus?, LNA never will be converted on a calculator, sure ;)

#16 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:02 AM

PAP, using LNA without these aids is difficult for big problems, with these applets, the library would work at top of their potential!. Are you agree with this focus?, LNA never will be converted on a calculator, sure ;)

I don't think that your interface program will be as useful as you think, but I don't have any problem with it. Do as you wish.

PS: Maybe you should create a logo, something like "Created in CPLua, Powered by LNA" ;).

#17 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:21 PM

Wait for a beta, we will send to you the scripts.. and you return your feedback ;)

#18 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:28 PM

Wait for a beta, we will send to you the scripts.. and you return your feedback ;)

Implementing a beta version right now is not a good idea. Wait for LNA 1.70. There are several things changed, and it's not exactly compatible with programs written for LNA 1.60. If you start now, you will need to make changes soon. Basically, you will need to change the way you use optional arguments: LNA 1.70 uses "named" optional arguments, exactly as CPLua does, and it's much more practical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users