- - - - -

:!: Casio Comunication Protocols :!:

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_djsoftlayer_*

Guest_djsoftlayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:11 AM

Hello everybody, im working in a hi-range IR transmiter for the classpad to chat with an other classpad in a aprox range about 5 or 8 meter, but my digital osciloscope dont work and for that i cant study the serial comunication protocol used in the classpad, can some body tell me about the protocol of the 3 lines cable???

when i finish this proyect i will let you know about the circuit and how to construc it.

#2 betoe

betoe

UCF Spanish Translator

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, SW development, automotive. Swim->bike->run

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0 (R.I.P.), Classpad 300

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

Hope you will be sucess with your project, but i think that maybe some kind of RF its a better idea, like bluetooth. If you know labview you can use it to test it with the computer, then do it between 2 classpads. Also labview have IR.

#3 Xtreme

Xtreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

Hello everybody, im working in a hi-range IR transmiter for the classpad to chat with an other classpad in a aprox range about 5 or 8 meter, but my digital osciloscope dont work and for that i cant study the serial comunication protocol used in the classpad, can some body tell me about the protocol of the 3 lines cable???

when i finish this proyect i will let you know about the circuit and how to construc it.

IR distance is to short, requires direct line of sight, not reliable. Bluetooth needs a special chip and is too expensive. You should use RF like wireless a wireless keyboard and mouse.

#4 far2055

far2055

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Robotics - Programming - Mathematics - Physics - Computer <br />ANN ( Artificial Neural Network )<br />QBasic Lover-->before-->now-&gt;*CPLua&quot; Lover.

• Calculators:
    classpad 300

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:01 AM

can some body tell me about the protocol of the 3 lines cable???

Why do you want to know about the classpad protocol. it just use a serial link.
one cable is RX , one for TX and one for GND.
and you don't need to know any thing else except the boud rate so you can calculate the clock speed.
that is all. just enough to build a serial transceiver.
if you search the WEB you will fine many circuts(both IR and RF circuts).some are very simple but not reliable and some are complicated but expensive.choosing one is depending on the speed and distance.
I think IR has some advantage for our usage. low power consumption and more simple circut.
if we use RF then what happend when there is more than two calculator using RF whit the same frequence? the circut will become to complex !

#5 TestandReview

TestandReview

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300PLUS

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:42 AM

Hey, if you want to do anything with IR or transmitting or w/e, you should create a program and attachment that will allow the IR keyboards used on PDA's to be used on the Classpad. This would make it so that I could take notes fast, easy, and very effectively in class.

#6 TestandReview

TestandReview

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300PLUS

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

Do you think it is possible to do that, so that it can hook up to an IR keyboard for fast note typing?

#7 Guest_djsoftlayer_*

Guest_djsoftlayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:58 AM

hey thx for the information & ideas, im working in the proyect when i finish i will glad to informate all....

The final idea is:
Create a small-lowercost circuit to be place into the classpas like a addon for do an IR comunication with other classpad with the same circuit. I will use an eficient IR led that allow the signal bounce in walls or objects and across a estimate distand about 7 or 8 meters in direct line.... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users