• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 far2055

far2055

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Robotics - Programming - Mathematics - Physics - Computer <br />ANN ( Artificial Neural Network )<br />QBasic Lover-->before-->now-&gt;*CPLua&quot; Lover.

• Calculators:
    classpad 300

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:19 PM

Hello!
I just made a very simple program to let CPLua user make some simple animations by capturing from screen or buffer.
[It is the first movie maker for cla$$pad :roflol: ]
Download it from file sharing system and use it as simple as eating a piece of cake!
there is a text file that explain how to use it and a simple example that show how to use animator simply.
I am waiting for your suggestions.( unfortunatly I can't check the forum every day so be patient.)
thanks. ;)

#2 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Computer Algebra, Numerical Analysis.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 (plus an old Casio model, with only a few Kb ram).

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:08 PM

Hmmm, such a capability is already included in LNA 1.70 (see this post). However, I didn't released LNA 1.70 yet, since I'm writing the documentation (version 1.70 will be available in a few days).

Btw, I like your signature.

#3 far2055

far2055

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Robotics - Programming - Mathematics - Physics - Computer <br />ANN ( Artificial Neural Network )<br />QBasic Lover-->before-->now-&gt;*CPLua&quot; Lover.

• Calculators:
    classpad 300

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:36 AM

Hmmm, such a capability is already included in LNA 1.70 (see this post). However, I didn't released LNA 1.70 yet, since I'm writing the documentation (version 1.70 will be available in a few days).

Yes. You are right PAP. But I have made this program for many other uses, not just animating the graphs (and indeed not to do what you have done already :nod: . I saw that topic before creating my animator. :) )
I am going to make some major changes in my program and specially using coroutine functions in my program so it will work completely in different way.

PAP what is your idea about making a program that take screen shuts while a CPLua program is running?
I want to use debug->hook functions so there wouldn't be any need to adding a call or making any change in other programs to call function which take a screen shut.Maybe something like a spy!
But I know that Orwell didn't add these two function to debug package in CPLua 0.9C. :(
I should ask him for his plan about hook functions. :)

#4 Orwell

Orwell

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio AFX 1.02 / Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:25 AM

PAP what is your idea about making a program that take screen shuts while a CPLua program is running?
I want to use debug->hook functions so there wouldn't be any need to adding a call or making any change in other programs to call function which take a screen shut.Maybe something like a spy!

Huh... :unsure: I understand your idea, but... Man, this is a calculator :rolleyes: each new capture of the screen uses 5 Kb of memory. Using several hundreds of Kb for a video would not be reasonable... People using your program would get a "not enough memory" error quite easily, even if there is a lot of memory available. I'm not against your idea, but I think it's not really suitable for the Cla$$Pad ;)

But I know that Orwell didn't add these two function to debug package in CPLua 0.9C. :(
I should ask him for his plane about hook functions. :)

You like technical stuff huh? :P
Well... In fact the problem is that CPLua is already using a hook :rolleyes: I need this hook to check for external events while the interpreter is running (key press, pen move, button press, menu open, break, etc), otherwhise the CP would be completely frozen until the Lua program ends.
With the debug functions you would have the possibility of replacing this hook by another, and this would give some catastrophic results :o
It's possible to call some lua functions from this special hook btw. If people are interested it would be possible to define a function which would be called automatically by this hook. :) You wouldn't have the possibility of changing the hook's frequency however - it's currently called only a few times per second.

Another thing: I'm thinking about a new function ui.timer() for the UI package... With this you could call a function periodically at a custom frequency (for example to update the content of a window). It would only be usable with the UI package, but maybe it could be helpful ;)

#5 far2055

far2055

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Calculators:
    classpad 300

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:14 AM

Huh... :unsure: I understand your idea, but... Man, this is a calculator :rolleyes: each new capture of the screen uses 5 Kb of memory. Using several hundreds of Kb for a video would not be reasonable... People using your program would get a "not enough memory" error quite easily, even if there is a lot of memory available. I'm not against your idea, but I think it's not really suitable for the Cla$$Pad ;)

That is right orwell. But I think in some way it would be useful ! Specially for learning(try Fourier - really great!).
In some other way if you want to analyse a network(some network like neural networks) the best way to represent the data is to drawing them 3D and then animating them just in some frames.

You like technical stuff huh? :P

Yesssss!. Really I am interested about technical stuffs. You are doing a great job and I am really interested about how you do it and how you solve the problems on a micro controller. Like what you have done about events. :D

Another thing: I'm thinking about a new function ui.timer() for the UI package... With this you could call a function periodically at a custom frequency (for example to update the content of a window). It would only be usable with the UI package, but maybe it could be helpful ;)

Timers are really important and useful and I am glad to see you are thinking about them. But why you don't add it as a basic function?
I plan to make a multi-task program because I am working on ANNs (Artificial Neural Network).
By a simple timer event it become powerful and simple. You suggested to use coroutine functions but I think it isn't a good solution because I don't know how much a function will take to yield it self form resuming. So I should use a timer.

Again thanks for CPLua that makes cla$$pad a really useful calculator!!!
oh! I have a question. If you have time :unsure: , can you write a program to copy all Ram to a file in flash memory and copy it back?(not all the ram just files in the ram)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users