- - - - -

Ti-nspire Cas Vs Cfx/afx/fx

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_wazzup20_*

Guest_wazzup20_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:27 AM

Yeah, it really does run on 2 batteries. I'm not lying. :) It will however say low battery on the screen, but it still works.

does anyone have the serial key and license for the nspire pc software

#42 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

Um, you should be talking about that kind of stuff on a TI forum, not here.

#43 Guest_javi_*

Guest_javi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

hey here you can see more characteristics of this great calculator TI Nspire CAS Calculadoras TI Nspire CAS Descargar Programas Gratis

Saludos

:greengrin:

#44 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Blah

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

Pff, who cares, ClassPad 300 definitely beats it, actually, if the CAS wasn't half rushed, and if there was more support for it, it would have been the best calculator around here. Never seen anything as easy to use as this.

#45 ZweiLynx

ZweiLynx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

• Calculators:
    HP 10bII+
    Sharp EL-738
    Casio fx-991MS
    Sharp EL-531W
    Casio fx-9860G SD
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

So far the TI Nspire (CAS) has proven to be the most overrated calc TI has put on the market. <_<

And people are paying for it...

#46 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

Yes, that is correct. Forget about nspire. It's expensive but ok for high school math but there are better choices for college.

#47 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

Well, I don't know if you guys know, but a couple of months ago the TI-Nspire was cracked and now programming is possible through Ndless. They got a GameBoy emulator and a ray tracer already written for the TI-Nspire.

#48 DJ Omnimaga

DJ Omnimaga

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

• Calculators:
    TI-82 Advanced Edition Python
    TI-84+
    TI-84+CSE
    TI-84+CE
    TI-89T
    cfx-9940GT
    fx-7400G+
    fx 1.0+
    fx-9750G+
    fx-9860G
    fx-CG10
    HP 49g+
    HP 39g+
    HP 39gs
    HP 39gII
    HP Prime G1
    HP Prime G2
    Sharp EL-9600C

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:32 AM

Raycaster video:

Also the GB emulator runs Game Boy COLOR ROMs too. Just converted to grayscale.

However, Installing the required stuff to run ASM stuff on the TI-Nspire is a MAJOR pain.

-First, you need to downgrade to OS 1.1 (the first TI-Nspire/CAS OS), because it is the only OS that contains an exploit that allows installing the Ndless software (which enables third party ASM program execution on the TI-Nspire).
-Secondly, due to an hardware change on TI-Nspires made in 2008 or later, the LCD won't turn ON when turning the calc ON with OS 1.1 installed. To turn it ON, you must remove the keypad and a battery everytime, which eventually cause the keypad connectors to be loose. (Fortunately, there's a little program to get around that, but it's still a pain to run if you forget to select it before letting the calc turn OFF. )
-Third, Texas Instruments is trying to do everything to prevent third-party ASM stuff to be installable on the TI-Nspire series. When Ndless came out, they responded with a new serie of TI-Nspire calcs that won't allow downgrading below OS 2.x.
-Fourth, TI-BANK was also asked via a cease and desist letter to take down their copy of OS 1.1 from their site. That site had every TI calc OSes present on the site, yet TI only asked for OS 1.1 removal. Conspiracy, much? Result: TI forums are no longer allowed to provide links to OS 1.1. Result 2: People have to search Google for it, in vain (because Google appears to filter such file). Spreading copies of the OS is done in private, pretty much.

And finally, Ndless 2.0, which is supposed to run on OS 1.7, 2.0 and 2.0.1, is not being released yet due to legal issues: the exploit it uses would allow the installing of a CAS OS on a non-CAS TI-Nspire. That could lead anyone distributing Ndless 2.0 in deep legal troubles since a CAS calculator is more expensive than a non-CAS one. Rigth now, they are trying to find a way to prevent a CAS OS from being installed on a non-CAS model, but judging by the lack of news from the project, it migth be mission impossible. That said, there could be cheap workaround being released legally, and the authors wouldn't hold responsible about people using Ndless 2.0 for things that the authors did not intend Ndless to be used for (in that case, installing a CAS OS on a non-CAS). But then TI could still try to fight, like they did with the key factoring last Summer. Fortunately, the EFF could help us the TI community countering the DMCA notices and we would win, but then there are small chances that TI retaliates by dropping out of the calculator market if they fear it will hurt their sales, leading to the slow TI community demise.

Also, I personally find the Nspire to be much harder to use than the TI-89 (which isn't too easy either), the TI-85/86, TI-83/84 and Casio FX-9860G, including its programming language. I cannot judge about the Classpad 300, though, because I never got the chance to try one.

#49 pan.gejt

pan.gejt

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:59 AM

I agree, at least for me the TI-89 Titanium is easier to use than the TI-Nspire. I am disappointed with the Classpad 330 because this calc cannot handle physical units like TI-89 Titanium (the touchscreen is great, the assistant is great. the computational capabilities are great but the missing units are unacceptable). Being chemical engineer I prefer to use TI-89 titanium.

#50 Guest_2010nspire_*

Guest_2010nspire_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

I doubt ti will drop out the calculator market simply because of allowing cas os on non cas will make them lose money. There is only about a 10$ price difference in the two and thus they will not be losing any significant amount of money. Also considering ti is the largest manufacture of calculators I doubt they will willingly give up that position. I have to ask the question can ti control what you do on your own calculator.(ei. install cas os on non cas) especially when they allow you to download the os for free? And it not like geogeo and extended(the creators of ndless) are distributing modified os's either.

The ti 89 is much harder to use than the nspire for me. Especially since you don't enter equations as they look in text books. I always have to refer back to the owner manual for the correct format. The nspire on the other hand shows the equation just as it looks in text-books with little empty boxes for your number to go. Also parenthesis errors are a thing of the past with the nspire.

#51 Guest_Tim_*

Guest_Tim_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

The TI-Nspire CAS+ uses a high end embedded operating system called Nucleus RTOS which incorporates many features. Here in America, the calculator is acceptable for the AP Calculus Exam. However, looking at the calculator, it looks kind of bulky and doesn't even seem to look like a calculator. :lol:

Dump the bulky calculators, use something like this:

http://www.vroomlab.com/nhome

on its 1st page, click on the calculator image will let you use this virtual CAS calculator without login in.

#52 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Dump the bulky calculators, use something like this:

http://www.vroomlab.com/nhome

on its 1st page, click on the calculator image will let you use this virtual CAS calculator without login in.

Right, because notebooks and netbooks are so much smaller. In fact, I keep one in my hip pocket all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users