Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:BASIC +FORTRAN 90+ C++.....and HALF LIFE

• Calculators:
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus, Casio fx 570 ms, Classpad 300, And a crowbar

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:36 PM

well, i'm calculating some stuff on a 2Kb spreadsheet on O.S 3.00. and i have 400Kb free on mem.
I'm try to save it and i get a "insuficient memory" message, i attempted some times and.. FATAL EXEPTION ERROR!!!!!.. now i restart my calc, and get that weird error again when i attempt to use the spreadsheet.. then: MY SPREADSHEET IS UNUSABLE!!!! :banghead: :banghead: .. WTF is happen here! the last spreadsheet afaik is free of important bugs, shame on you casio!, seems to be a memory leak on the Spreadsheet.

btw, i did reset all my ram to get the spreadsheet working soon

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:44 AM

I didn't get this problem. Is this an official version of OS 3.0 or a hacked version on the net? Did it happen on the calculator or PC?

#3 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry.<br />Pharmacy

• Calculators:
    fx 570 MS, Casio AFX 2.0+, ClassPad 300

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:02 AM

I didn't get this problem. Is this an official version of OS 3.0 or a hacked version on the net? Did it happen on the calculator or PC?

I don't think there is any diffrence between them. The hacked version contains CPOSDATA.bin, which is the same as official version, and this file is actually transfered to your ClassPad.

#4 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:BASIC +FORTRAN 90+ C++.....and HALF LIFE

• Calculators:
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus, Casio fx 570 ms, Classpad 300, And a crowbar

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:21 AM

sorry for bumping the topic

I'm seriously thinking about that the O.S 3 have serious problems to manage memory resorces.
I got in average 3 Fatal exception errors each day since i've installed such O.S ( Generally TABLE and ADRESS errors ), then i advice to all OS 3 users to be CAREFUL, i mean.. the O.S is pretty unstable with memory management, there are a lot of strange small bugs related to saving files repeatedly, running a program continuosly (the system doesn't clear the memory properly before each independant run)

I have CP Lua 0.9c right now installed, i will see if it's causing a problem with the memory, installing 0.8 (rock stable)

in this post, i will put every fatal error i get soon (for sure, the errors are combinations of add in bugs + OS problems):
Please, be kind and report every fatal error issue here (do not cas, or calculation errors! please!)

1) sat 06 jan 2007: create a new document on the add in Bit Edit, with a vertical dimention less than 180,190 , if you press the left button of the cursorpad, you get a pretty white screen, and a error. That error would not appear for certain medium image sizes.. try it ourselves with various configurations
2) Run a memory intensive LUA code as generating a 100*100 matrix, repeatedly by hand (you execute it, and execute it, and.., by hand, not in a cycle).. for sure, you'll get a not enough memory message.. o far worse.. an adressing fatal error, try it. i got errors from the third iteration!!!! (i repeat, i'm not using a cycle, is a normal running repeated 3 times by hand)

#5 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Computer Algebra, Numerical Analysis.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 (plus an old Casio model, with only a few Kb ram).

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

Run a memory intensive LUA code as generating a 100*100 matrix, repeatedly by hand (you execute it, and execute it, and.., by hand, not in a cycle).. for sure, you'll get a not enough memory message.. o far worse.. an adressing fatal error, try it. i got errors from the third iteration!!!! (i repeat, i'm not using a cycle, is a normal running repeated 3 times by hand)

I totally agree with you, The_AFX_Master. I just want to add that even a non-memory consuming program can cause similar problems, if you run it several times (I have already reported this problem about one month ago).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users