• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Girn

Girn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 11:33 PM

Hello, I am in need of some math/game programs. The math program is a quadratic factoring program that factors ax2+bx+c into (ax+B )(cx+d). The game programs are a fake reset program that tricks ur teacher into thinking u reset ur calculator and the other program is the famous snake game.
**Plz note that I do not have the link cable because its cost is a ridiculously high price** and my dad wont buy it for me, So Im hoping that there at a fairly SMALL file size so I can type them into my calculator quickly. Thank you very much for your help.

btw I use 9850gb-w

#2 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 18 March 2003 - 12:37 PM

Hey. I think you should find most of the progs/games at the Casio-programs-avenue.
If some of the files you request are only avilable in .cat format, try downloading the FA-123 program and then open them there to wiew the code. :D

#3 AlephMobius

AlephMobius

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0+, TI-89, EL-9300C

Posted 18 March 2003 - 01:06 PM

Dont buy your cable from Casio. Many other people sell them much cheaper. I got mine for $20. I have seen them as low as $12.

#4 Girn

Girn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:29 PM

Thank you for your help, I have found the snake game and reset :):). But still the most important program I have yet to find in relitivly small format. Its the quadratic factoring program. If you can help me find this I would greatly appreciate it. Btw where can I buy the cable for such a low price?

#5 BiTwhise

BiTwhise

Casio Overgod

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Programming, games, consoles, martial arts

• Calculators:
    FX9700WE, CFX9970G, AFX2.0, Classpad 300

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:49 PM

you can factorize by taking the zeros of the eqaution, giving:

AX^2 + BX + C = 0

is the same as:

(X - Z1)(X - Z2) = 0

where

Z1 = (-B + (B^2-4AC)^(1/2)) / (2A)
Z2 = (-B - (B^2-4AC)^(1/2)) / (2A)

#6 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:50 PM

Try this page: Casio Solutions. The program is called quadsolv, and i think it should do the job (I haven't tried it myself, but i've read the description and the prewiew) :) .

#7 Girn

Girn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:20 PM

Bitwiste, thx for your help but I need a program that will factor the quadratic that has a value of A higher then 1 e.g. 4x2+10x+6.

#8 Girn

Girn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:22 PM

Ya ive seen that buts its such a long ass code... damn. Btw anyone know a good site where I can buy the casio cable for cheap price? Btw when im editing a program and I make a mistake somewhere and press del on the mistake itlll just bring all the code in the front backwards and mess up my whole code. Anyone know the fix for that?

#9 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:25 PM

i think i understand your problem. Use the "Insert" function (typing shift-del) to insert data into your code. :D

#10 Girn

Girn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:30 PM

thank you volcano! Now all I need is to get the cable. Because I tried putting in that quad factor into my calculator before and I made a mistake and didnt know what to do so it didnt end up working :(

#11 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:37 PM

I think someone else have to help you with that cable, because i don't know of some cheap place to get one. Alternate you could try searching old forum posts (choose to see all posts from the beginning). I know it has been something about it here before. Good luck! :D

#12 AlephMobius

AlephMobius

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0+, TI-89, EL-9300C

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:45 PM

I got mine from Purple Computing: http://pfranc.com/pclink/a.shtml

#13 Girn

Girn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:52 PM

Aleph, thx for the site, What type of calculator you use? mines 9850gb and it seems that the cables wont work for it cuz the connector doesnt seem like it will fit into my calculator. My calculator has a hole in it with a small cylinder inside of it too. So it seems mine needs a odd type of connector. Any help will be appreciated.

#14 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:12 PM

Hm, that sounds odd. Because i also own a 9850Gb Plus -we, and mine has the normal 2.5 mm jack outpout (without any cylinder). When, and where (Europe, US, etc) did you buy your calc?

#15 Girn

Girn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:14 PM

Hm, that sounds odd. Because i also own a 9850Gb Plus -we, and mine has the normal 2.5 mm jack outpout (without any cylinder). When, and where (Europe, US, etc) did you buy your calc?

nm :) it was just the safety plug. Btw alephs which one of those two cables is for calculator??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users