Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Programming 'n' stuff...

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:54 AM

I have never experienced this. Are you running a program that you created? If so where does it occur?

I don't remember so well, but I believe this happens on Pong, right when I use [AC/on] button to close it.

#42 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

Version 0.6 of MLC fx-9860 has now been released: http://ucpf.programb...hp?f=5&p=26#p26

#43 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:52 PM

The SHFT command looks fine. But in the STARS example, the starts seem to get much slower when shifting.

#44 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:27 PM

*poke*
How's the progress now?

And is there any problem with this code line?
%Ychoose=%choose*.15

#45 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

*poke*
How's the progress now?

The official discussion of MLC fx-9860 has moved to it's proper home:
http://ucpf.programb...pic.php?f=5&t=8

And is there any problem with this code line?

%Ychoose=%choose*.15

Yes, to stay compatible with MLC AFX, the names of variables can only be 5 letters long.

#46 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

The official discussion of MLC fx-9860 has moved to it's proper home:
http://ucpf.programb...pic.php?f=5&t=8

I know... I'll think about registering to UCPF.

Yes, to stay compatible with MLC AFX, the names of variables can only be 5 letters long.

Oh, good. Time to fix the bugs.

#47 Fez

Fez

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-9860G AU

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:10 AM

Could I please ask a small favour. Could someone please write a quite tut for MLC. I want to get into it but I just can't learn it. I just need to know the basics. I know the commands and stuff from the readme included with it XD

#48 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

I believe you know how to google. <_<

...XD <----WHAR SMILEY?

Joke, just search and you'll find something. :P
I didn't learn MLC through tutorials, though. I checked the documentation.

#49 Fez

Fez

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-9860G AU

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:36 AM

Yea well. I preffer tuts. So things are explained step by step and it makes it easier to understand XD

#50 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Location:Output(&quot;Error: Coord type not specified&quot;);

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

You don't need a tut. Just take a look at the documentation, looking at some general aspects, and then consult it for finding a function.
Here's a bit of a help for you. An MLC program template:
MLC:

#FNCT MAIN
#FEND
Everything starts with function MAIN. :)

#51 Fez

Fez

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-9860G AU

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:45 AM

That explains why my MLC things wouldnt work XD

#52 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

I'm still thinking whether I should or not continue this project. Since development of MLC for TI calculators has halted, it just seems that MLC is going to die again...

I'm still waiting for samy for that on-calc editor and I'm still hoping that other programmers could help out on developing MLC. I'll have to place in a ton of comments in the MLC fx-9860 source code. I probably would do that this weekend.

As for an MLC tutorial: http://web.archive.o...on/tutorial.txt
Although the command reference should still be sufficient.

#53 Fez

Fez

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-9860G AU

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

I would help if I could. I'm not smart enough. I still dont know how MLC even works :P

#54 samy

samy

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

• Calculators:
    graph 100; graph85

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:56 PM

You have to write it out it hex code, but I'll try writing a on-calc sprites editor for the fx-9860G.

i think you planed to do it so i didn't try :roflol: i shame on me i misanderstood you!
by the way i think you should finish this project. We are numerous who wait for that. And with all the fx9860 users i dont think that mlc will die. even more, it will probably boost some of ti guys!. So please finish this project.

I will try to think about a text editor in C in 2 weeks, after i finish my works. have you ideas of how to develop that? (chained lists?)

#55 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

Oh yeah, I meant the on-calc sprites editor.

#56 samy

samy

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

• Calculators:
    graph 100; graph85

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

I have been thinking for several days about the editor.. and i have announce that i will not make the editor :unsure: . There is 2 reasons:
-the first and the main: i'm not sure that mlc for fx9860 will ever be accomplished, so i can't spend too much time for a project that may be let down :nonono:
-and secondly, i have not much time to do this and i don't think i have the skill to make a program that will not be buggy and heavy. <_<
i'm really sorry, and i hope that someone more skillfull will make this editor a nice tool.
and don't forget: MLC rules! :roflol:

#57 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, it's a shame. I too also can't put effort into writing the on-calc editor, since I'm busy with other things. Hopefully someone in the near future will pick up on this project.

#58 SimLo

SimLo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-9860G/FX-9860G SD

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, it's a shame. I too also can't put effort into writing the on-calc editor, since I'm busy with other things. Hopefully someone in the near future will pick up on this project.

Is the on-calc editor for bitmaps still missing (saw E_net4 working on something like that)?
I wrote a little one for FX-9860G.
Could drop the prototyp into the file sharing zone if there is interest.
If so, I would like to do some adjustments beforehand:
Normally the transparent attribute should be of interest for dots of the color "white" only. Is that right?
Is it sufficient to write the resulting bitmap into a plain binary file or is a special format required?

#59 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

If you are talking about an on-calc bitmap editor, yes, then we need someone to work on it. E_net4 was working on a bitmap editor that ran on the PC.

Info on the bitmap format for MLC: http://www.casiocalc...=...ost&p=42183 & http://www.casiocalc...=...ost&p=42185

Your bitmap editor needs to support four colors (white, light gray, dark gray and black).

I think you should try out MLC first. You can download MLC v0.6 here: http://sourceforge.n...ojects/mlc-calc And try out the example programs and take a look at the code of some of the games to get a feeling of what the MLC syntax is like.

#60 SimLo

SimLo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-9860G/FX-9860G SD

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

I understand your recommendation to learn MLC beforhand, that the editor has to be written in MLC.

The editor is actually coded in C.
I use it to make the usual function-key icons (21x8 bitmaps (b/w)) for the FX-9860G (if I have no PC at hand).

The adaption to 8x8 or 16x16 icons with four colors (4x4 dithered in the editor working panel)
was not timeconsuming. And I simply used a fifth "color" to implement the transparency attribute.

But if the editor (as tool not at all MLC-specific) has to be written in MLC, I have to withdraw. Sorry for that.

#61 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

I think there is a misunderstanding. :) I only suggested that you learn MLC so you know how the bitmap format works and how it's used in MLC. You asked if a binary file would be sufficient, MLC doesn't accept binary images. Writing a on-calc bitmap editor in MLC would be kind of hard I imagine as it's geared towards gaming.

If your bitmap editor is written in C and is meant to run on the calc, then I think we would be all happy to see it. :)

#62 SimLo

SimLo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-9860G/FX-9860G SD

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

I dropped the first version of the on-calc bitmap editor in the upload area.
I hope it comes in handy and I'm ready for suggestions.

#63 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

I've approved your file. I'll take further look into it later on. I'm at school.

#64 neptune45

neptune45

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860g Slim

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:54 PM

Hello kucalc,

First of all thanks a lot for all your work.
I am actually working on a text editor for the fx-9860g. My aim is to write notes with the calc, as if it were a handheld PC so I decided to create a simple text editor for .txt files.
I will share this application with you when it is ready. Probably in the next weeks.

I will keep you updated.
Kind regards,
Diego.

#65 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hello neptune45 and welcome to the UCF! :D

Cool, please keep us informed about the text editor.

#66 Distortion

Distortion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

So, MLC is dead?
To bad, all that work wasted. The concept was cool thought.

#67 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:27 AM

I don't think MLC is completely dead. Just a couple days ago, a beta MLC for TI-89 was just released a couple of days ago. bfr is also working on MLC IDE, which runs on <{GNULINUX}> using KDE, which has a text editor, MLC simulator, and can export to various calc formats.

#68 neptune45

neptune45

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860g Slim

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hello kucalc,

Now the text editor has been completed :) I managed to get it uploaded to this website.
I added a feature thinking about editing MLC programs with the editor.
If you are creating a MLC program you will be switching between two applications on the calculator all the time, the MLC interpreter and the text editor. In the text editor you can set a file that will be opened automatically whenever the application is started, so you do not need to navigate to that file again when you switch from MLC to the text editor. Just for you to know :)

Regards,
Diego.

#69 Guest_afxi_*

Guest_afxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

@kucalc:
I have a new idea: a MLC compiler. Then MLC programmers like me could easier write add-ins. MLC code is compiled anyway, right?

#70 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

I'm not sure I understand. You mean, you want a MLC compiler that will convert MLC code into an "fx-9860 addin"?

One of the reasons MLC is easier to learn, is because no compiler is required to make a game. MLC games are pretty fast, so there shouldn't be much worry about compiling. It's interpreted just like BASIC.

#71 Guest_afxi_*

Guest_afxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

The MLC Interpreter is so fast, because he compile the Programms, before execute. But after exit, the interpreter delete the compiled files. So the interpreter must ever compile it new. Why i cannot use the old compiled files?

#72 neptune45

neptune45

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860g Slim

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

The MLC Interpreter is so fast, because he compile the Programms, before execute. But after exit, the interpreter delete the compiled files. So the interpreter must ever compile it new. Why i cannot use the old compiled files?

Hello afxi,

If I would have to code a MLC interpreter I would never generate a compiled MLC program in a file, execute it, and then delete it aftewards, it is a waste of time.
You can directly execute the MLC instructions from C, which is less complex than doing compilation into assembler. If the interpreter is optimized enough, it can be very fast and this does not mean that it is compiling the programs.

I do not think that the MLC "interpreter" is doing compilation.

If you want to write add-ins it is better that you learn C, it is not that difficult, and the documentation provided by casio is good.

#73 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:10 AM

MLC is not compiling anything. It's parses the file on the fly. I would know, because I wrote the MLC fx-9860G.

#74 Guest_3298_*

Guest_3298_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

But the AFX does compile the code, right? I read it somewhere, but I can't remember where.

#75 Andreas B

Andreas B

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G SD

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

I don't know specifically, but it could be compiling it to bytecode which then is interpreted (faster) than the MLC script.

#76 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:38 AM

my version of MLC for the AFX compiled the code into a byte code (it was pretty fast so you actually could call it jit)
and then executed it in a virtual machine specifically designed for MLC.
This is the fastetst way to run the program on the AFX while maintaining compatibility to other calcs.

Somehow I really get the taste back to do MLC coding ... sigh ... if I only had time!!
What is the current Doc that is used?

#77 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hey huhn_m! :D Welcome back. Haven't seen you in a long time.

Me and bfr (TI community) have been thinking of a new MLC standard IIRC. bfr has made some considerable progress on MLC TI-89:
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

bfr also has a MLC editor/simulator in the works for the PC. He aims to have it export (thus able to convert) to every known MLC format. IIRC bfr created a new bytecode format for the TI-89.

#78 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

is there a place that has all the documentation for the new format (especially bytecode format and instructions of the language itsself)?

#79 Kapytanhook

Kapytanhook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

Im really interested in this simulator for on the PC, when will this be released?

BTW, good job on MLC all =D it rawks!

#80 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

bfr is working on the simulator. I think it's pretty much finished, but runs on <{GNULINUX}>.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users