• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:35 AM

EDIT: If you want to discuss about a possible CAS for the fx-9860G, then look here: SYMBOLIX CAS

#2 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, CP 300, CP 330, nSpire, TI 89, FX 5800

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:48 AM

* lcm and gcd - supported
* expand - binomials in the works right now
* simplify - radicals in the works right now
* solve - not supported as of right now
* factor - not supported as of right now

=))

#3 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:51 AM

Heh, yeah, I should get more done. :roflol:

#4 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:07 AM

The only thing I want to tell u is "CAS is really difficult".
Before I tried to build a simple CAS, and it can do some stuffs as well, althought I have enouph math knowleage to build a simple CAS but TO BUILD A COMPLETE CAS you must VERY GOOD AT MATH (the programming skill isnt the all)!

#5 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:11 AM

I know building a complete CAS will be very difficult, but I want to see how far I can go into developing a CAS system. Also, the fx-9860 community really needs CAS right now. Maybe then the fx-9860 can join the ranks of the big boys like the ClassPad 300 and TI-89...

#6 Manuel Naranjo

Manuel Naranjo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:43 AM

Cool I will try it, don't worry I don't feel angry or something :D.
I just thought that having a base is better.
Cheers

#7 eew

eew

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

• Calculators:
    recent calculators:
    Casio fx-9860G SD
    Casio fx-82ms

old calculators:
    HP 41C (1979)
    TI SR-40 (1976)
    Commodore [unkown type] (-+1970)

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

The only thing I want to tell u is "CAS is really difficult".
Before I tried to build a simple CAS, and it can do some stuffs as well, althought I have enouph math knowleage to build a simple CAS but TO BUILD A COMPLETE CAS you must VERY GOOD AT MATH (the programming skill isnt the all)!

I don't think there are many people who really need it, because I think most people who have a 9860 are not allowed to use such tools, it may be a gread toy.

#8 Menno

Menno

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio 880P
    Casio Graph 25+
    Casio fx-9860g sd

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

Hey kucalc, great job :)

CAS will be a great add-in when it is finished, i guess the demand could be bigger then you'd expect. The 9860 is not used in schools only. I for my self use them professionaly and my boss does not care how i do my calculations, only results count ;)

Menno

#9 Manuel Naranjo

Manuel Naranjo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

I don't think there are many people who really need it, because I think most people who have a 9860 are not allowed to use such tools, it may be a gread toy.

What makes you think that? I'm a EE student and I can use a CAS system. I can't use a Handheld that's why I didn't bought the ClassPad 300 (it looks like a Palm). And I didn't bought a FX2.0 because I thought it was too old and expensive.

Of course you can't use a CAS in the first classes of mathematical analysis, but you can use it when you are doing stuff like circuit theory.

Cheers,
Manuel

#10 Horrowind

Horrowind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

• Calculators:
    9860G SD
    9850GB+

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

I think a CAS would be useful
(the calc is allowed but it has CAS... hehehe) :lol:

#11 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:14 AM

CAS will be a great add-in when it is finished, i guess the demand could be bigger then you'd expect. The 9860 is not used in schools only. I for my self use them professionaly and my boss does not care how i do my calculations, only results count ;)

That's cool. B)

I think a CAS would be useful
(the calc is allowed but it has CAS... hehehe) :lol:

A CAS would be absolutely useful and the funny thing is that teachers think that there can be no CAS on the fx-9860. :lol

#12 Horrowind

Horrowind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

• Calculators:
    9860G SD
    9850GB+

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

how far are you?

#13 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:50 AM

how far are you?

My CAS can now solve (SOLVE command) roots (even complex roots) of polynomials if given the coefficients and the degree of the equation. Now what's really bugging me is how to parse a equation. I need a way to split a equation into terms and also rearrange the equation to make it equal to zero on one side.

For example:

x^3 - 19x - 30 = 0

Plugging in the coefficients and giving the degree of the equation into my CAS, the roots of the equation are:

x = -3
x = -2
x = 5

Yeah, so the solver works correctly, but I want CAS to parse the equation instead of having the user have to rearrange the equation themselves, and then typing in the coefficients and the degree. If a user types in:

x^3 - 19x = 30

The CAS sees it as a string of characters (ex.):

char equa[] = {'x','^','3','-','1','9','x','=','3','0',0};

Does anyone have a idea of how to extract the terms and coefficients from this string? A friend of mine suggested using RPN and a stack system to parse the equation. I would have to convert this equation from infix notation to postfix then. My friend said he will try to write a equation parser for me over the weekend, but I don't think RPN will really help me. Does anyone have any good ideas?

If I can split a equation into it's terms than I can finish implementing EXPAND, SIMPLIFY and SOLVE and that would be a great leap!

#14 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:58 AM

I think my source should be useful... If you want i will upload it.

About your degree 3 equation, i think you solve it by a pre-input fomula (Cac-na-do - I call his name like that in my contry). Equation degree 4 is still easy. How about 5 or higher? I dont think you know the methol to solve them in algebra (it is not a easy methol) but you may solve it numericaly (a little easy).

#15 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:19 AM

I think my source should be useful... If you want i will upload it.

You could email me: kucalc AT gmail.com or kucalc AT hotmail.com.

About your degree 3 equation, i think you solve it by a pre-input fomula (Cac-na-do - I call his name like that in my contry). Equation degree 4 is still easy. How about 5 or higher? I dont think you know the methol to solve them in algebra (it is not a easy methol) but you may solve it numericaly (a little easy).

I'm not using some standard simple technique for solving polynomials. My polynomial solver is based on some Fortran code of an ACM algorithm for solving polynomials. That 3 degree polynomial was just an example. 5 degree? Mine can solve 10 degree numerically as long as the coefficients are real and give the complex roots as well.

#16 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I see... That's numerically right?

#17 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

Mine can solve 10 degree numerically as long as the coefficients are real and give the complex roots as well.

I see... That's numerically right?

Yes, I said numerically. I have no idea on how to do it algebraically, but my polynomial solver is still so much better than the fx-9860, as the fx-9860 only solves up to 3rd degree.

#18 Manuel Naranjo

Manuel Naranjo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:57 PM

As far as I know you have two ways to parse this kind of inputs.
One is the one your friend suggested (RPN) the other one (YACC/Lex uses it) is a parse tree. I prefer Parsing Trees, but that request a lit more of memory.

I'm following this course: http://members.tripo...img/Parser.html I'll try to write a simple mathematical parser for the 9860 SDK. I'll do it with Yacc so it's easy to extend.

Also check this site for pieces of code http://www.codecogs.com/

#19 uvoK

uvoK

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9860G

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

The link doesn't work.... can I still download the program?

#20 Guest_dfiad77pro_*

Guest_dfiad77pro_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

It is advided to use an object langage (c++/java) to devellop a cas program
, because when you know the base of mathematic cas you can create somme abstract object, and herit them.

#21 Guest_TyphoonS4_*

Guest_TyphoonS4_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:16 PM

mhm, I've been waiting for hearing on this matter for quite some time :)
Now, as I am finally leaving highschool and into college where CAS is allowed

Mhm, so as for one that has been away for quite some time, could you please sumarize me any advances made in the Fx9860?
Is has really been a long time...

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

Read the first post in this thread.

#23 PierrotLL

PierrotLL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

• Calculators:
    fx9860
    Classpad 330

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:53 PM

Alexis and I have writen an addin which can differentiate, visit http://www.jeuxcasio...S-graph-85.html to download it.

#24 Guest_Guest_vanhoa_*_*

Guest_Guest_vanhoa_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:40 AM

Differential is far from a real CAS system... My step-by-step-different-calc-addin for CP doesnt use any differential function of CPOS, different can be calc very easy with stacks. I also made a diff-calc addin for fx 9860 a long time ago (after seeing that intgrate-calc or just simplify expression is more more more difficult) but I dont want to release it because I can not build an expression-simplifier class so there're some problem:

d(sin(x)^2+cos(x)^2)=2*cos(x)*sin(x)-2*cos(x)*sin(x)

the result is more more more simplify (=0)...

Hope we can see a more advance cas addin soon. I'm waiting for a integrator (a bit more difficult) and simplifier (more difficult) addin which I have never been successful in building yet :rolleyes:

#25 uvoK

uvoK

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9860G

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:01 PM

Alexis and I have writen an addin which can differentiate, visit http://www.jeuxcasio...S-graph-85.html to download it.

is it for casio fx-9860?the page says it is got "graph 85"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users