• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 FinalFear

FinalFear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 08:52 PM

does anyone have the text version for any of the games on this version of casio?

#2 BradN

BradN

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 08:59 PM

There won't be many games for the 7400 because the games can't read keypresses other than by entering a number. Your best bet would be to get an algebra FX series or 9850.

#3 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 16 September 2002 - 02:55 PM

You always forget this wonderful miracle site.
http://planeta.clix.pt/casiohome/ing/
They have fairly good games and programs.

#4 Guest_[Guest] FinalFear_*

Guest_[Guest] FinalFear_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2002 - 09:56 PM

does the Casio fx 7400G Plus have the key Mcl? ive looked everywhere for it and just cant find it.

#5 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Piano, Music, UCN<br />

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX-9850G, fx-7000G, fx-7500G, TI-83, HP100lx

Posted 18 September 2002 - 03:10 PM

I guess it is no key, but the command has to be found in some of the menus...OPTN or somewhere. Maybe checking the manual is an idea.

#6 Guest_ross8653_*

Guest_ross8653_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2002 - 07:53 PM

can that old calc take inputs from the "?" operation? then you could kinda make a game... maybe

#7 Guest_[Guest] FinalFear_*

Guest_[Guest] FinalFear_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2002 - 09:56 PM

yeah it can take the "?" key and ive made some money games too. involving money of course. i just need the Mcl key and Range to make Doom!

#8 rmt7400

rmt7400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 12:42 AM

I see this post is a bit old, however I just discovered this forum, and may have an answer to the games question.

Having just recntly discovered the programmable calculator I started scanning the net for different programs. The calculator I decided to try first is the Casio 7400.

It does seem to suffer from a lack of graphic oriented games, however I think text based games are plentiful.

Way back in the 80s when I had a trs-80 model 3 and a color computer, I got a book called "Basic Computer Games" or some similar title. It occured to me that most of these games were text based and would be perfect for the 7400.

I scoured the net and found a site that had the program code for classics such as "Hunt the Wumpus", "Hamurabi", "Darmouth Football", "Battlestar Galactica" and "Star Trek". There were many others, but I thought this would be a good start.

These games are text only, but those of us who remember them know how fun they really were.

The code for them is Basic, but I have them all here and think that they should be easily translated to Casios "Basic like" language.

I still have a day or 2 left that I need to continue learning Casios language.

If you understand Basic, then translating these old programs to Casio should be easy.

#9 Casto Productions

Casto Productions

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:
    TI-83, TI-86, CFX-9850, AFX2.0

Posted 20 November 2002 - 04:20 AM

Casio's version of BASIC is much more simplistic than the BASIC on computers, but also more limited, so some commands that might be a single command on a computer might be a number of commands on a calc. Also you have to look out for any games like that that would require a typed response to anything, everything for a calc should probably be menu based options. Just a thought.

#10 rmt7400

rmt7400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 04:26 AM

Good point. Fortunatel most of these games are not very complex. Tonight I am beginning to translate the football program. It basically has 7 choices....various runs, kicks, passes and so on. It should simply require an entry of a number with each number directing the program to the suitable sub-routine to figure field position and such.

I think this should work fine or at least I will have fun trying and might even learn somehting.

#11 Casto Productions

Casto Productions

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 20 November 2002 - 04:29 AM

sounds good, when you get it running, I would be happy to translate it to code for the 9850 and afx2.0 series if you let me. It's up to you, I don't want to steal credit from you by any means.

#12 rmt7400

rmt7400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 04:33 AM

no problem at all. It is not my original idea at all.....just converting somebody elses stuff.

I beleive this one was written on an old mainframe at Dartmouth originally.

When I get it translated I will send it to you if it works.

#13 rmt7400

rmt7400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 04:41 AM

sorry, dont mean to keep blabbing, if thats not cool here just let me know....dont wanna make a bad iimpression.

However, I can send the code when I am done...or I can send you the original code now....whatever you would prefer.

Mine will be simplified a bit....so the original is more complete.

#14 Casto Productions

Casto Productions

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 20 November 2002 - 03:05 PM

try sending me the code you translate, I think that would be more easily transfered to other calcs anyhow.

#15 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

umm can you post the code here? it sounds attractive. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users