• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Blah

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

Note : This is not a dumb "I want to kill vanhoa" post.

Ok, I'm now trying to fix my "broken" ClassPad (you know, vanhoa, GnuBoy, etc... etc...). For those who don't know, here is the problem : after launching vanhoa's GnuBoy on my ClassPad, and attempting to run some GB ROM, the program froze, and I had to reset my ClassPad. And this "DRIVER INITIALIZE ERROR" picture appeared, and my ClassPad lost all its data (including unsaved Lua programs I took a few weeks to build, but I didn't really care because they sucked). I first thought it was a not so major error (the picture was pretty funny by the way), until I replaced my batteries, and figured out that I lost all my addons. Actually, the ClassPad initializes itself each time I replace my batteries, or encounter a Fatal Error (which is most likely to happen often, especially because I am going to work again on a few addons I was working on).

I tried to initialize the ClassPad... nothing (heh, this idiot initializes itself each time I change my batteries). Reinstalled the OS... nothing. A few days ago, after being dead in the ClassPad community for months, I wanted to continue and eventually finish a few addons, so I tried something I've never thought of before. Download the emulator Vanhoa ported, execute it, and then quit normally. Well, no, the bug is still there.

Now, I see 2 solutions left. First, the Factory Reset. I don't know exactly what it is, but it sounds a little different from a normal reset. Does anyone know what it is and how to activate it ? (you can access it by turning off your ClassPad and pressing =, EXP, ON/OFF, don't try it though)

Second, I may have done something wrong with the GnuBoy solution. What I have done is just running it, then exit. I have not tried to run any ROM from it. I assume the program starts to modify the internal memory only when the ROM is loaded. So, if anyone here have managed to make the emulator work without any problem, and still have it, can you please send me a MCS file with the working ROM inside of it ? I will try to run the game correctly, and exit the emulator correctly, maybe it will fix everything, hopefully.

Yes, I know, losing all your data each time a fatal error occurs is not that terrible for programming add-ons, but anyway, programming on a f*cked up ClassPad is pretty frustating.

Well, I hope I will be able to revive my old dead projects, and finally release them, if there are still people who are interested. :)

#2 LanceGary

LanceGary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G SD

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

I think the issue is really with the classpad rather than the bad programs. Every computer system has bad programs.?But?why?does?the?classpad?not?allow?one?to?back?up?one's?programs?on?the?calc?to?non-volatile?memory??It?shouldn't?be?that?the?only?backup?has?to?be?by?usb?to?pc.

Lance

#3 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

No, no, you don't get it. The computer is way more secured than a ClassPad, and vanhoa ported GnuBoy, which was a program that messed a lot with flash memory, and internal stuff (in a not secured way at all). And ported programs are always quite unstable on early releases, so, well...

#4 Debb

Debb

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300
    ClassPad 300+

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hi Kilburn,

From what I understand, the "Driver Initialize Error" is a serious error that requires a service center to correct the problem. The internal menu you mention is not going to fix it. I don't know if running GnuBoy will fix the problem, but I think Vanhoa sent his ClassPad in for service.

I hope you can fix your ClassPad...we mis you and your projects!

Debb

#5 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:54 AM

Thanks, glad to see there are still people who care about my projects. :P Well, it seems that this is the only solution, so I will try to mail them first. Because I purchased my ClassPad more than 3 years ago, so I don't know if they will still accept to fix it.

#6 Behnoud

Behnoud

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

• Calculators:
    CP 300+ OS2.2/
    FX 3600 pv/
    FX 115 s/
    FX 602P

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:46 PM