• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 protoman no one

protoman no one

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:learn programing for casio calcs<br />maths, physics<br />electronics<br />casio calcs<br />and girls (of course!!!)

• Calculators:
    casio afx 2.0+
    casio fx 82tl

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

hi guys, i need some help.........
i?m still having problems with game development, so i need some tutorials, ideas or sources in c or asm to do this:

1) animating sprites with defined time delay between frames
2) sprite interaction (colision detection with other sprites and gamemap, different methods and ideas)
3) multi background display (do you see street fighter 2 background animation?)
4) game level design basics (how to scroll up, down, left, right, and all about this)
5) artificial intelligence development (enemy moving routines)

if kucalc could answer, it would be better!
thanks
protoman no one.

pd: if somebody has tutorials (like the online tutorial above) or books, please send to my e-mail in zip, rar or 7z format. i haven?t got internet connection at home!!

#2 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:26 PM

Hey protoman_no_one, long time no see! :)

The background scrolling you're talking about is called parallax scrolling.

I also suggest that you look up "side scrollers" on Google.

For writing a game, what I do is imagine how it works and create the pseudo code in my head. If I get the time, I could code up some routines for a side scrolling game.

#3 k3v

k3v

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Classpad 300 Plus \
    2 x Casio Fx-9860AU \
    Casio CFX-9850GB Plus \

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hehe, missing quite a lot of a game there ;)

I would be no where near Kucalc's level of programing, but i believe the method he describes to figure things out a very good one.

Just stop and think to see what exactly it is that you are trying to do, dont try think of fancy/complicated methods - that will come eventually.

Animation? One very simple method would be to implement a counter variable, depending on the value it is, display a certain sprite. Increment this value each loop, and theres your animation - crude but effective.

If you thinking of 2D sprite collisions/interactions by far the simplest method would be to think of them as "boxes" that move around. Just use the four corners of the sprite (x,y) and check whether there greater/less then other corners of other sprites.

For 2D side scrolling, this simplest method would be an two dimensional array (or "matrix"). Each value corresponds to a "block" and the draw function draws what you can see out of that array (depending on how far in the level you are).

As for AI, just start very simple and put yourself in the position of your "person/creature" (What would he be doing/thinking).

Kucalc's own side scrollers "Mathwiz" and "Mathwiz II" are both available with source code (im sure he doesnt mind). Check these out if you need to see it in action.

Other then that, just keep at it.

#4 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:05 PM

I don't mind, just don't forget to give some credit. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users