• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

With my sig, some of you were wandering what was going to happen on May 25th. Many of you assumed that the Revolution-FX v1.0 library was the surprise and when I released it days before May 25th just assumed I couldn't read a calendar...

I was planning to release Revolution-FX Simulator this day, but comp difficulties slowed down development. I'm waiting until my new computer arrives. I can assure you however, that progress is being made (slowly). Here is what the Revolution in calc programming will look like (click for larger picture):
Posted Image

You can also view it here: http://www.assembla....jir3B6pab7jnrAJ

What Revolution-FX Simulator has:
* Support for grayscales
* More stylish and cooler looking interface
* Disassembler
* Memory dump/browser
* CPU/LCD register browser
* Step/Run execution
There are still lots of things I need to implement such as:
* Keyboard detection
* COM port

The Revolution-FX Simulator works by emulating only critical parts of the hardware, not the OS (the official CASIO fx-9860G SDK simulates the hardware and runs a modified version of the OS). This is why the Revolution-FX library is critical and v1.0 was released. Add-ins won't run in the Rev-FX Simulator if OS subroutines are used, basically meaning almost every add-in made with the official CASIO fx-9860G SDK without Revolution-FX won't work. Fortunately, the release of Revolution-FX library v1.0 provides standalone functions that are OS-independent for the LCD, keyboard and text.

#2 Fez

Fez

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-9860G AU

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

:o
I didnt assume you couldn't read a calendar *shifty eyes* :P
I just thought you got impatient XD

As regarding this rev-fx sim... i am trying to restrain myself from a total meltdown of thankyous :P
All I can say is I can't wait to try it XD

#3 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Well, I'll put you on the list for beta testing. I'll email it to you when I get a good build finished.

#4 Guest_nic0_*

Guest_nic0_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

is it build with visual studio ?

#5 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

It originally was written using C#, I'm rewriting it in C++ to take advantage of wxWidgets and cross platform availability.

Some new modifications under development is the ability to load user ROMs (extracted from the calc or custom made) into the emulator, to see exactly how your programs would react as if it was actually running on the calc. I've disassembled my fx-9860 (I have no use for it thesedays anymore now) and I'm now drawing up a schematic of the internals which will be posted here when finished.

#6 Andreas B

Andreas B

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G SD

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:47 PM

How will you figure out where buried traces go-> Do you know how many layers there are->

Unless you are done with the keypad PCB, here it is: http://fxsdk.sourcef....net/keypad.gif

Good luck :)

Edit: Trying to use question marks: ->->->-> hm, strange

#7 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

The company my dad works for has a x-ray machine for doing that type of stuff. We have to get permission first from the company to use the x-ray machine to take some high-res photos of the circuit board.

For now, I'm trying to remove the epoxy in the board and see what I can do from there.

BTW, it also seems you can't use ?

#8 PierrotLL

PierrotLL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

• Calculators:
    fx9860
    Classpad 330

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

Is this project dead?
It adorned interesting

#9 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Programming 'n' stuff...

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

kucalc's been quite off the internet. Holding your breath for this software is completely unrecommended.

#10 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

Yeah, I've been a bit busy. I'm filling out my applications and writing essays for college since this is my last year at highschool.

I'll try and see what I can do next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users