• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JPadula

JPadula

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

I apologize in advance for my limited knowledge of these units. I have been using a program to design speaker enclosures (developed by a previous instructor in our school) for many years. Recently, our calcs have changed from CFX-9850gc to FX-9860g models. Up till now, we have used a backup of the (15 year old) program to load new calcs for students to train on. With the model change, I found that the back-up would not install on the new model. I have so far been able to recover the password from the old software, convert the program from .cat to .g1r and load it into the new model. With the changes however, some unusual behavior in the program has been noted. Previously, while in Program mode, the list of speaker models would scroll up and down and stop at limits. On the new units, it rotates back to the beginning after it scrolls to the bottom. Also, previously, new models of speakers would appear at the bottom of the list and program functions at the top. After the change, the programs and speakers are mixed together and aphabetically listed. Finally, in the old calc, ditching out of the program could be accomplished anywhere in the program by going to menu. On the new version, menu works, but going back to programs simply returns you to where you were. To ditch the program in the new version requires using the AC button which brings up "break" and "press exit". This takes you to program source which students can easily modify and damage unless exit is pressed again immediately. Are these changes part of the operating software revision or remants of what I have done in the loading/transfer process? Any way to correct them? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users