HP 49g+
    HP 39g+
    HP 39gs
    HP 39gII
    HP Prime G1
    HP Prime G2
    Sharp EL-9600C

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

I was wondering if I could be removed from moderator on the MLC forums? Since the TI version died I wasn't as much involved with the project, plus I could never really help as I only did TI-BASIC.

I was supposed to become more active in the Casio community soon after finishing my last TI game ever then port some of my old games, as to me I always found the Casio community to be friendly, unlike most of the TI community. However, yesterday afternoon, I was proven wrong, so this was my last post on a Casio forum

So you can remove me from the MLC moderator list.

#2 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

I've read the log of the discussion you're referring to on the IRC channel.
You cannot judge a community on just one of its members... It's unfair.

Admins and moderators are here to prevent this kind of issue. In any given comunnity, you'll always have people who won't get along with the rest of the community ; there is no way to avoid that.

#3 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-5500L, fx-991ES,fx-9860SD (with GII SD OS), Casio Classpad 330, MS Windows Calc, Ubuntu Calc, a Hammer and my Brain!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

This is the kind of example i talked about in my message.

I personally think DJ_Omnimaga is being too harsh too quickly and I have talked at length with him about this on IRC. I think this particular member is moving on from life away from graphing calcs and programming in general

It will eventually happen to all of us, though godsave the thought.

Regards,
mintsmike

Edited by mintsmike, 28 April 2009 - 08:08 PM.

#4 DJ Omnimaga

DJ Omnimaga

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

• Calculators:
    TI-82 Advanced Edition Python
    TI-84+
    TI-84+CSE
    TI-84+CE
    TI-89T
    cfx-9940GT
    fx-7400G+
    fx 1.0+
    fx-9750G+
    fx-9860G
    fx-CG10
    HP 49g+
    HP 39g+
    HP 39gs
    HP 39gII
    HP Prime G1
    HP Prime G2
    Sharp EL-9600C

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

Well, the thing is that it's not just one person in particular causing trouble, it's more than that.

Also, as much as 2072 says mods and admins are here to prevent problems like this, but are they really going to do it? I frequented a whole bunch of Texas Instruments forums in the past 6 years and rarely have I seen a moderator/admin take action for real against people trying to cause conflicts. The farthest they ever went is warnings, even if the user had a long history of troublemaking. The admins always come with excuses such as "well I don't want to ban him because he contributes awesome programs and ASM help to the community" and on smaller forums "well he's my friend and I don't want him to hate me". Others will find excuses such as "well we should wait until he done worse". By that time there are members leaving. This is why I can't really trust any moderator of external communities anymore because they say they will take action if someone causes trouble but they never do. What happens next is that their community gets inactive even faster. Fewer and fewer people are interested in calc programming because of advancing technologies, but in the TI community, forums/IRC channels admins just accelerated the process by doing nothing.

Edited by DJ Omnimaga, 29 April 2009 - 08:13 AM.

#5 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

The farthest they ever went is warnings, even if the user had a long history of troublemaking. The admins always come with excuses such as "well I don't want to ban him because he contributes awesome programs and ASM help to the community" and on smaller forums "well he's my friend and I don't want him to hate me". Others will find excuses such as "well we should wait until he done worse". By that time there are members leaving.

This is not how we deal with troublemaking users here...

#6 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-5500L, fx-991ES,fx-9860SD (with GII SD OS), Casio Classpad 330, MS Windows Calc, Ubuntu Calc, a Hammer and my Brain!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

As a suggestion for the meantime: I suggest that someone rewrite the forum rules to make our discipline and rules (not guidelines) clearer to misbehaving members or guests. I can offer my services in doing this

Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users