• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 oblivion

oblivion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:57 PM

oh yea... yesterday when i went out to the field to perform some task... as usually i took out my calculator. when i wanted to used my programs (written 1 month ago) which i used daily... i found out that all my programs are GONE! could my calculator crashed? or could it be sabotaged? i dun know.

is there a way so that the delete button would not function? what is the use of the password when someone can just on the calculator and deleted ALL the programs? :profanity:

#2 Bj2c

Bj2c

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 01:28 PM

backup man , in the flash memory in the algebra , storage backup

#3 BiTwhise

BiTwhise

Casio Overgod

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Programming, games, consoles, martial arts

• Calculators:
    FX9700WE, CFX9970G, AFX2.0, Classpad 300

Posted 22 April 2003 - 01:41 PM

backup man , in the flash memory in the algebra , storage backup

he's not speaking about an algebraic model, no flash mem..

you can't stop ppl from sabotaching your calc ..

best you can do is back stuff up to your pc :)

#4 Netforce

Netforce

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX-9850GB Plus

Posted 22 April 2003 - 01:42 PM

If you have an algebra calculator, I believe it is possible to hack the calc and add a password to your calculator (not possible with ©fx).
The calculator can crash, but it's unlikely that all your saved programs are gone... Another option is that your memory battery is empty or that someone else had deleted all your programs.

#5 Pixter

Pixter

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:casio, visual basic, lego mindstorms and formula 1.

• Calculators:
    cfx9850gb plus

Posted 22 April 2003 - 01:47 PM

It is very easy to let a calculator crash. Just acces the calc's memory with martin ppoupe's trick and delete a lot in it.

#6 Bj2c

Bj2c

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 01:57 PM

sorry , i didn`t see GB9805 , and i guess he can`t conect to the pc becuase if he can , he just upload all the staff again in a couple of seconds

#7 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:14 PM

I allways have a crash bug as the first program in my calc, that way if anyone steals it or otherwise tries to do damage they freeze the calc and (since they are all Ti users) dont know to hit the reset button they quickly give up and abandon the calc. :lol:

#8 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:20 PM

Oblivion: Are you sure that not any of your classmates has been joking with your calc (i also have the same problem)?

CrimsonCasio: I tried many of these programs which says crash bug but none of them seems to work on my calc (tell me about some working ones)!

#9 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:36 PM

I personally dont know of any such bugs for the GB models, and seeing as I dont have this calc I cant develope one either... if you want to try to find one yourself I advise just playing arround with things, also look at some of the other bugs to get ideas of what might cause an error. try my site for a AFX2 bug I found while making a game, its under FX2 hacking. As you will see from looking at that It can be just about anything.

#10 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Piano, Music, UCN<br />

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX-9850G, fx-7000G, fx-7500G, TI-83, HP100lx

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:42 PM

Nice idea with the crash bug program. But it drains battery power :rolleyes:

I think on newer calcs they updated the software so that this bug is removed. It wouldn't work un AFX too.

#11 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:46 PM

I have a working AFX bug (rom 1.01 only), and even removing the batteries does not reset the calc... on the older models the screen stays on so people are left amazed as even with no batteries the calc continues to display whatever you wanted it to before crashing.

check my site: crimsoncasio

additional note, wait 5 seconds before pressing AC/on

#12 BiTwhise

BiTwhise

Casio Overgod

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Programming, games, consoles, martial arts

• Calculators:
    FX9700WE, CFX9970G, AFX2.0, Classpad 300

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:55 PM

I allways have a crash bug as the first program in my calc, that way if anyone steals it or otherwise tries to do damage they freeze the calc and (since they are all Ti users) dont know to hit the reset button they quickly give up and abandon the calc. :lol:

Those ignorant TI users :lol:

Used to grab TI calcs and make infinite loop programs on them, just to see those poor souls struggle to find out how to stop it :greengrin: not even all the teachers understood what was going on :rolleyes:

#13 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 22 April 2003 - 08:01 PM

gota love it :lol: its so fun to mess with them... the best thing to do is delete or change Ashell or asm or whatever they use to run their games, they have no idea how to run games without them. :D

#14 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 23 April 2003 - 06:53 PM

Well, can't we make some funny Ti jokes and publish them at CasioCorner for exampel. It could be a own section for such jokes! :lol:

#15 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 23 April 2003 - 06:59 PM

Thats A Great Idea! I will put a place on my site for them.
hehe.. :lol:

#16 rjstephens

rjstephens

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX9850GB+

Posted 24 April 2003 - 09:48 AM

you CAN'T make the calc unresetable, but you CAN disable the reset button with some hardware hacking in tests i used to start a fake reset program then put the cover on my calc, the teacher would put a pen in the reset button, take the cover off, press f1 and give it back, stupid fool. my programs were fine. too bad that was with my old calc :( i'm not prepared to take the current one apart.

here's how i did it:
1. took apart the calc
2. took that litle bit of rubber used for the reset button out
3. put it back together.

there is a major flaw with this method: if you crash the calc (eg activate SMF) it CAN'T be reset without taking it apart.

i have TOO MANY problems with sabotage. i can't leave my calc 2 minutes without it getting reset. good thing i have a laptop and cable.

#17 oblivion

oblivion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 11:04 AM

hehe sorry for the late reply guys... wow... first thing i'm not using this calculator for studies but for work... i'm in the land surveying field...
1) the batteries ok... my calculator is still new... less than 2 months... (so the risk of battery failure is low)
2) it could have been sabotaged by my collegue... i wouldn't know.....
3) my calculator could have gone nuts! :blink: :hammer:

for the sourcecode... i didnt really save it anywhere... but luckily i still have the history of my discussion with ross about my programs... so i managed to tracked back the codes.... and i dont have a cable to connect it with my pc... the cable here would cost 1/3 of the calculator price... and thats nuts! :ph34r:

anyway thanx guys!

#18 rjstephens

rjstephens

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX9850GB+

Posted 25 April 2003 - 06:36 AM

try making one. mine is homemade. go to http://www.casiocorner.com/ you can find a diagram there.

here, the cable costs the SAME amount as the calc. i made one for 1/3 the price of the cable.

#19 oblivion

oblivion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:37 PM

wow really cool that one could build their own cable... but physic is my worst subject among all... hahahah so by just looking at the schematic diagram (is that what it's called?) i give up.... lol thanx anyway
or on the other hand, could ask a fren to build it for me... ehhehehe :rock:

#20 Brazzucko

Brazzucko

UCF BASIC Programming Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0, CFX 9850 GB Plus and FX 9750G

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:50 PM

:lol: This is a real problem?.

But anyway if one guy has one AFX or one CFX, the link cable is always needed?..

One thing I have read in one web page ( I don?t remember now the name and andress ) that it?s possible to store any file in the CFX whit one ?special? program, there is something to do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users