1 reply to this topic

#1 Chumly

Chumly

• _Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:16 AM

Hello there,

Is there a way I can copy numbers from earlier to paste into newer calculations? Perhaps by using the calculation history and replay to scroll back and copy numbers from earlier to paste into newer calculations?

When I am doing a series of calculations I need to reuse numbers from earlier calculations, but I don't want to keep writing down the numbers to re-enter them again later.

The problem with using the six variables A,B,C,D,X,Y and the fx-991ES to store numbers is that I cannot remember witch number is stored in where and sometimes I am not sure what numbers I will need from earlier calculations.

I have a Texas Instruments TI-30XS and I can scroll back on the display to copy and paste anything at any time. I'm hoping I can do the same with my Casios.

I have the fx-991ES, fx-991MS, fx-9860G Slim and fx-9750G PLUS so I will take any advice you have on any of them to help me copy and paste, but I am most interesting in my fx-991ES.

Much thanks indeed,

Chumly

Edited by Chumly, 17 April 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#2 TovAre

TovAre

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-991CW
    fx-9860GII SD
    fx-9700-GE

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

I have a Texas Instruments TI-30XS and I can scroll back on the display to copy and paste anything at any time. I'm hoping I can do the same with my Casios.

Hi,

My casio fx-9860GII SD has lots of functionality to move information, but I noticed that in Maths mode I can easily scroll up and copy + past a forumula from previous calculations using Clip(Shift+8)/Copy and Paste(Shift+9), but not the result of a calculation.

I guess the reason for this is making it harder to do rookie mistakes and loose a lot of precision.

I'm not sure if the Math mode has the exact same features your slim G (If not you might consider updating the firmware to GII), but it's extremely handy working creatively with math because you can have multiple formulas available and just scroll up and change input parameters and redo calculations. (If you push the result into variables, you can scroll up to get a reminder of where you put them).

Cheers

Edited by TovAre, 21 April 2010 - 08:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users