Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hi.
Now after 4 years I worked on my project which was dead all this time, and released a new version of Farsi Negar, which enables Persian-speakers write Persian on ClassPad.
I was working on it the entire summer, and I entirely renewed the 'infrastructure' of the program. Really hard work, but apart from that, the new "sensible" features that users will notice is:
- This version saves files with a smaller file format. Approximately, Farsi Negar 2 files are 6/10 size of Farsi Negar 1.x Files. 40% CP Memory saving. :)
- Bugs with Insert Page and Delete Page commands are solved.

Current Beta version is 1.9.1.

Download from my little websity.

I hope some people will find this useful soon.

One thing I noticed is that cpsdk.com has gone, and you can't login or upload files to classpad.org too. Saltire doesn't like casio anymore? Anyone (Softcalc) knows the answer?

Edited by MicroPro, 11 October 2010 - 06:47 PM.

• sma4t likes this

#2 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry.<br />Pharmacy

• Calculators:
    fx 570 MS, Casio AFX 2.0+, ClassPad 300

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:13 AM

Hi.
It has been haft a decade since my application release for ClassPad. It's really great to see another apps :)
For your question on cpsdk.org, I personally think because very few people concern about developing add-in program for classpad, they close this site.
Also, there has been a very long time since the last major OS release for Classpad-OS 3.0 in 2006. Again I personally think Casio may lost their interest for the ClassPad. Despite there were some minor OS release (ie. 3.0.1...), it seems they just fixed bugs rather than bring new features.

#3 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

A reply at last!
After years, at first a big shock for me was to see that casio-related sites and projects have become so inactive, classpad.org and CPLua as big examples of that. And i haven't seen any of the previous every-day-logger-in guys in this forum since my return. :(
Now i have some projects for CP that i am working on them in my free times (though i decided not to spend too much of time on them). Hoping there come some active users like before soon to make the forums noisy and crowded!
The nature of major releases is that they come out with big intervals between. CASIO just released Prizm that is not a better model than ClassPad, just a colorful fx. And to keep competing with ti and hp they have to continue supporting CP. For now I just like to think they've been too busy these days and will keep updating cp in the future. I think the last os version was stable enough so that it hadn't required any updates since its release.
BTW i still have os 2.20! Not seriously decided to update to 3 because of... well... respecting laws and copyright. (don't laugh!)

And that add-in isn't all new, the old version had some bugs and people complained about the big files it produced, so i decided to begin releasing some updates to that. :)

Edited by MicroPro, 24 October 2010 - 12:31 PM.

#4 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry.<br />Pharmacy

• Calculators:
    fx 570 MS, Casio AFX 2.0+, ClassPad 300

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

The first time I saw the ClassPad 300 on Casio website in late-2002, I loved it. I had a AFX 2.0 at the time and it had helped me a lot in studying maths, physics,... I was a highschool student at the time. I wondered how great the ClassPad would be, and always hoped to put my hand on it. (well, I started earning money, definitely :) )
And, the time has come. It was around noon on September 12th, 2003. My father told me that the local store had started selling ClassPad 300, and the price was very affordable (around 150 USD). Woa! Finally, my dream nearly comes true. The next day, Sep. 13 2003, I put my hand on my new ClassPad. I can remember how thrill I was when I unboxed it, put the battery and turned it on... All I can describe about my felling is: It was, well, really really GREAT.
I have learnt to use the ClassPad, any function to apply in my study, in every subjects that is suitable. I found it very useful. I could understand the theories, the laws deeper; I could perform a complex calculation in a couple of seconds, I could see the graph of the function very rapidly... I made lots of BASIC programs, and programming for Classpad used to be my interest. I joined this forum, and some other one, to share my interest, my experience, and to learn from other one as well. I used to be an active member, especially about ClassPad. I always remember Betoe, CrimsonCasio, BitWhise, ... They used to be very active user as well, and we shared a lot of experiences. That was a wonderful period in my life, and hardly could I forget about that.
As time went by, I became a college student in Pharmacy University. I still used my ClassPad, when I have something to compute such as pKa, pH, titration, ... However, due to the characteristic of my majority, I used ClassPad less often than before. But one thing for sure: I still use it, and I still visit this forum quite often.
Today, I have graduated and became a pharmacist. I rarely use ClassPad because I don't need it very often in my life, my work. But believe me, everytime I saw it, I know that I had a dream, and make the dream comes true; I also remember this forum, where I used to spent a lot of time to learn, to share one of my big interest-the ClassPad.

I really hope there will be many new younger member, who has the same interest as us, will make this forum "noisy" and "crowded", as it used to be.

Best Regards,
Triet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users