Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:23 PM

I have a problem with the contrast on my CFX-9850GB Plus WE.
Sometimes when i'm using the calc, the contrast (and color settings) suddenly adjusts by itself and gets very bright. This is pretty anoying :angry: because i have to stop working/programming and go to the menu to re-adjust the contrast everytime it happens (And it can happen anytime). I have no idea of why this happens and what i should do with it :(. Any ideas on how to solve it or what it might be caused by?

#2 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:29 PM

perhaps you are hitting <span class=Shift' /> and [<] or [>], that will change the contrast, if thats not the problem then its at least an easy way to correct the contrast once its been messed up.

#3 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:49 PM

No i don't think it can be that, because it usually changes very suddenly and often right after i have executed an operation. Anyway thanks for the usefull tip :D

#4 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:49 PM

You sure this works with color calculators?
I guess this works only with FX since it is monochrome.
Anyway, as for the color contrast, I had a CFX-9950GB Plus for some time, and on every light condition I had to change either the contrast or my angle of looking, and it was hell for me.
Indoors requires a certain setting to see all the difference between the colors, then outdoors requires another setting.

But, when I used the 9970G (the one that has simple CAS), it was excellent, it looked as clean and clear as the FX.
And I don't know which screen did CASIO use for the new WE.

So, what I'm saying, it's probably the angle you're looking with to the calculator, and not the calculator itself.

#5 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:46 PM

No i don't think it can be that, because it usually changes very suddenly and often right after i have executed an operation. Anyway thanks for the usefull tip :D

the problem is the batteries, change them and this should stop.

#6 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:58 PM

I don't think it could be the angle of looking, because the display is good to wiew from almost any angle. The display is covered with some kind of plastic, not glass as it were used on the older models. And when i press INIT (F1) in color menu, everything turns back to normal again. I have aleready tried to change the main batteries, but that didn't work either :( !

#7 Brazzucko

Brazzucko

UCF BASIC Programming Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0, CFX 9850 GB Plus and FX 9750G

Posted 22 May 2003 - 01:56 PM

:blink: Did you reset the calc?

#8 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 23 May 2003 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, i have reseted the calc many times, but it doesn't work :(

#9 Brazzucko

Brazzucko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 25 May 2003 - 02:49 PM

:) Try do make a reset at the ?hidden? menu one friend whit the same problem do that and the problem is over?.

#10 Volcano

Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 25 May 2003 - 04:39 PM

I've tried even that with no result. Maby it could be a hardware error :( . I suppose i just have to live with it, its not that big deal.

#11 Casto Productions

Casto Productions

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:
    TI-83, TI-86, CFX-9850, AFX2.0

Posted 25 May 2003 - 07:46 PM

You shouldn't live with it, from the sounds of it, it is a problem of hardware and a manufacturer defect. Write to casio and demand they fix it, because even with the FX and AFX's out, the CFX's aren't cheap. If you make enough of a scene about it and explain it, I'm sure they would be willing to fix it (although they will probably charge you shipping and handling).

#12 Brazzucko

Brazzucko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 26 May 2003 - 11:30 AM

:D Well his right, after all I have see the CFX 9850GB Plus at 125 Euros and the FX 1.0 at 130Euros??. For me it?s one robbery???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users