• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelB

MichaelB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:56 AM

In this thread I noticed a considerable amount of interest in a USB version of the PC link cable, and I have started to design one. If anyone has any comments, questions or suggestions, please post them here. As I noted in the other thread, this will not be a project for the faint-hearted, but I'm having fun doing the design anyway.

#2 rjstephens

rjstephens

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX9850GB+

Posted 29 May 2003 - 08:57 AM

yeah yeah i have a question

how do you plan to get it to communincate with FA123???

#3 Brazzucko

Brazzucko

UCF BASIC Programming Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0, CFX 9850 GB Plus and FX 9750G

Posted 29 May 2003 - 09:10 AM

:D Yeah how you make it to communicate whit other software ( Flash 100 FlashCOM )

#4 rjstephens

rjstephens

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX9850GB+

Posted 29 May 2003 - 09:23 AM

yeah i'm a poor cfx user there are no afx in this crappy country so i don't think about that.

anyway,, you could use serial emulation, but that rquires a lot of programming, and it would be easier just to rwrite new software

#5 MichaelB

MichaelB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:56 AM

Software isn't really an issue at this point yet. However, someone in the linked thread mentioned a driver that would provide a virtual COM port connected to your USB port. I don't know how it is meant to distinguish between multiple devices connected to the hub, however. Thinking about it, some software design may be necessary too.

#6 superna

superna

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 07:37 AM

no there are drivers included for the usb2serial converter
in france there is a catalog who haves theses on board converter but it cost 40$ !!!!

there are drivers included for <{GNULINUX}>, mac, windows !

#7 MichaelB

MichaelB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 06:14 PM

Oh maaaan! I am not writing driver software too. I'm a hardware guy, someone else can do that. :P

#8 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 01 June 2003 - 12:41 PM

I really don'T see any use for such a cable since it only applys to newer mac users.
The speed won't increase since the AFX is only able to copmmunicate at 115200bps and it is
not possible to increase this speed. I won't make transfers faster (especially not with flashCOM since it is the fastest tool available.) It only will make them slower since it has to go through the driver instead of using direct comport access,

#9 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 01 June 2003 - 07:39 PM

Wrong!! Flash100 coupled with Gcom is the fatest !!

it only takes 17 seconds to send a drive to the calculator and there is an error control!

Download GCOM here:

http://fgpstudios.fr...d_prog=22&id=30

You need flash100 1.24, download here:

http://fgpstudios.fr...d_prog=17&id=31

You also need the qt dll for windows:

http://www.2072produ.../qt-mt230nc.rar

if you have problems downloading with free I've put the files on my website at:

http://www.2072produ...nloaD/flash100/

NOTE you need winrar 3.00 or later to extract these archives, you can download it there:

http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/wrar320.exe

Then once you downloaded all of this put the qt dll in the same directory where is flas100.exe.

Then launch flash100, you can change languages between French - English - Spanish

Don't forget to set the com protocol to 'GLINK' and of course to upload GCOM on your AFX before changing the protocol, you'd rather link GCOM directly in the main menu of your AFX for faster access.

To send a drive to your AFX using GCOM, select the drive(s) you want to send in flash100 then still on flash100 push the key F5 (send) and on your AFX launch GCOM and push F2 (Recevoir (Receive)).

This is the better comunication program ever made for AFX, you can also modify the main menu of your AFX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users