#1 RadSurfer

RadSurfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio 9860GII,CG10,TI89T,HP50G

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:16 AM

I saw over 4th of July that Amazon.com has Casio Prizm CG10 for $109.68, at that price I decided
to give it a try. What a got was an incredible disappoint. Yes, I also own TI89T, HP50G, as many
others do. Casio seems to be missing the point of where they should be going with finally applying
improved display/memory/usb connectively innovations! What we need is not merely back-lighting,
more memory, and simple flash-drive connectivity... What is expected is a DECENT calculator
for $100+ which has enough "basic" functionality as not to seem to dump-down its user!
Programming language is lacking. Options being removed after making entries to prompts is a still
a major time-waster for Casio-users!
Anyway, thats my 2-cents worth.

Has anyone figured out a <{GNULINUX}> application yet that allows for bmp's. or other images to be
converted to a compatible format for CG10 yet? I hate to think I still need to have windows
around just for that! Obviously images can be made compatible, eventually someone will share
the method.

Programs from a 9860GII did copy over fine from <{GNULINUX}> to CG10, and can run. So that was no big deal.
I find List functions limited. Can't understand why Matrices have A-Z, but Lists have 1-26?
Wasn't impressed with exaggerated limitations with Linear Math Mode.

Casio, in my humble opinion, scores a big flop here. Perspective Parents & Students be warned.
If general-purpose "slide-rule" functions is all you need, with modest graphing/tables, then fine.

Perhaps as time passes new appreciation might surface... but I'll be surprised.

Thanks all for reading. I'll try to check in when I can here. --RadSurfer--

#2 JosJuice

JosJuice

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Prizm fx-CG10
    TI-84 Plus Silver Edition

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

Has anyone figured out a <{GNULINUX}> application yet that allows for bmp's. or other images to be
converted to a compatible format for CG10 yet? I hate to think I still need to have windows
around just for that! Obviously images can be made compatible, eventually someone will share
the method.

We're working on it! I haven't heard that there's a Windows converter yet, though. Do you know where it can be found?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users