#1 ff7wizard

ff7wizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-CG10

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

I just recieved my FX-CG10 in the mail. I put the delivered batteries into it, and yes, DOA. I've tryed a fresh set of batteries and yet it still will not come to life. I've tryed the reset button multiple times, each with more frustration than the last. Is there anything else I can do?

#2 JosJuice

JosJuice

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Prizm fx-CG10
    TI-84 Plus Silver Edition

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:48 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure what the problem could be... Unless you forgot to press AC/ON?

#3 ff7wizard

ff7wizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-CG10

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure what the problem could be... Unless you forgot to press AC/ON?

Thank you for your confidence of my common logic. But alas, no, the AC/ON button does not do what it is meant to do. Plus, this calculator is supposed to turn on automatically when batteries are inserted into it as well.

#4 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

Did you try pressing the reset button? Also, (I am not doubting your common sense), but, well, did you put the batteries in the right way?

#5 ff7wizard

ff7wizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-CG10

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

Did you try pressing the reset button? Also, (I am not doubting your common sense), but, well, did you put the batteries in the right way?

I understand the basic questions must be answered first, just tough dealing with a malfunctioning peice of equipment. The polarity of the batteries are in the correct direction, and the reset button has been pressed as well. I'm going to take it into my work tomorrow, and check the leads with a multimeter, but at this point I'm probably just going to send it back to the seller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users