Photo
- - - - -

How About Making A New Cas For Fx-9860gii?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JackZhan

JackZhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-82ES
    fx-5800P
    fx-9750GII (Hacked)
    TI-83

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hello.
I am now using a hacked fx-9750GII. I installed both Symbolix and Jeux's CAS, but I found both are buggy. Shall we restart programming? I found both seemed stopped long time ago.

#2 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

Welcome to UCF!

You should introduce yourself in this thread: http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=5677

I think its a great idea. I do not know C... probably over spring break i will try to learn it so if you need help I can try to help you. If you want to port it to prizm afterwards I could help with that. ;)

#3 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hello and welcome!
A great amount of time and effort is needed to build a CAS, and that amount has been already put into both of the add-ins you mentioned.
If you think they're uncomplete and buggy, also note that you first need to try as hard as they did to make only a CAS of their level, then go into much more trouble to improve it.
Also read this topic when a long time ago vanhoa tried to port another CAS to ClassPad.

That being said, I'm not going to discourage you :) It's possible. What's the level of your math knowledge and the level of your programming skills? Have you ever implemented an AST or expression tree generator, or even a recursive or shunting-yard evaluation algorithm? Although I don't have an fx to help, I think I have relatively fair knowledge of the theory.

#4 JackZhan

JackZhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-82ES
    fx-5800P
    fx-9750GII (Hacked)
    TI-83

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Ah to be honest I am only a senior high school math addict. To build the CAS I am learning such topics myself. And I have an experience of programming C for DOS and Win of approx. 5 years. Programming seems no problem for me, the problem is math. Can we port some PC CASs to the calc? Codes seem similar. BTW, as the sdk doesn't feature an input-from-console function, can anyone tell me how to get text input in the PRGM style? Scanf is not working. Using getkey and key codes? Seems frustrating...:(

#5 helder7

helder7

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

@jackZhan and others, there are one new cas for casio fx9860 and maybe for prizm in development in c.s.

if you want you can join us, and helping in the development, this project is open source

http://www.casio-sce...hp?1336-XtrmCAS

Edited by helder7, 29 April 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#6 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Ah to be honest I am only a senior high school math addict. To build the CAS I am learning such topics myself. And I have an experience of programming C for DOS and Win of approx. 5 years. Programming seems no problem for me, the problem is math. Can we port some PC CASs to the calc? Codes seem similar. BTW, as the sdk doesn't feature an input-from-console function, can anyone tell me how to get text input in the PRGM style? Scanf is not working. Using getkey and key codes? Seems frustrating...:(

The SDK does not use standard C libraries (stdio.h, etc.). So you need to make your own scanf function or try using their print function. I use the PRIZM SDK, so I am not sure what those functions would be for the fx-9860. I think you need to make your own text input also... unless there is another library that has it. You may want to see if revolution-fx library has it ;)

#7 NLthijs48

NLthijs48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:C++, Casio SDK, HTML, PHP, CSS, XML<br /><br />- Programming for PC<br />- Programming calculators<br />- Building websites

• Calculators:
    fx-9860 GII SD

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

I can confirm Revolution-fx has text-input, it is best to download V1.0
See this topic for more information and the download link:
Revolution-fx v1.0

You need the function "string_input()", here is some information about it:
string_input() documentation

I did not test this function myself, but i heard others succesfully used it.

#8 helder7

helder7

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

There are 1 text input exemple in xtrmocas sources

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users