Photo
- - - - -

Fx 9860Gii How To Store Matrix Result For Later Use?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LX168

LX168

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX 9860GII SD

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hi,
How can I store and recall a matrix resulting from my calculation for later use? I know that the last result is stored as MAT Ans, but that will change once I do some other operations/calculTions. Therefore I would like to store the result in memory somehow for recall later when needed. Would appreciate your kind help.

#2 3298

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G Plus
    Algebra FX 2.0 (ROM 1.03,broken)
    HP 50G

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

If you already know Mat Ans, you should also know Mat A~Z. The assignment arrow ( :arrow:) works with matrices as well, so do this:
Mat Ans->Mat A
Any letter in place of A will do, of course.

Or just assign the result directly to a matrix instead of letting it go into Mat Ans (unfortunately somme commands don't support that, most notably those for recalling the cofficients or results of the simultaneous / polynomial equation solvers).

#3 LX168

LX168

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX 9860GII SD

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hi!
Thanks. that works super. just have the calc for 2 days so still discovering function. may I ask more questions?
1. I tried to use the arrow to save also "normal" numbers (ans->1), but didnt work. What command am I missing? And how can I recall the info later?
2. I dont suppose the calc also do Cofactor Matrix?

Still practicing using the calc so still finding out what I dont know. Sorry that the questions come in piece meals. 😉

Thanks for the help.

#4 JosJuice

JosJuice

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Prizm fx-CG10
    TI-84 Plus Silver Edition

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

1. I tried to use the arrow to save also "normal" numbers (ans->1), but didnt work. What command am I missing? And how can I recall the info later?

Numbers aren't valid variables – letters are. You can do things like Ans→A and 12.5→X, and then recall the value by typing that letter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users