• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#401 TheAwesomer

TheAwesomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

I have been testing some things out on my fx-83GT PLUS, and I have found a few interesting exploits. I'm not exactly sure how they work, but I'll detail the most interesting:

Glitched String: In STAT submode 0, enter 'ᴀᴀ+x̂' (small A (SHIFT 1 5 1), small A, plus, x hat (SHIFT 1 5 4)), then press equals. This should throw a math error. Use the arrow buttons to exit out of the error, then delete the two 'ᴀ's and the plus, and input a number before the x hat (I use 3, but others work - I'm not sure the requirements). It should look like this: '3x̂'. Then press equals. Nothing should appear to happen, but press an arrow button and a glitched string appears!

I think this puts you into a glitched error state, but as I say, I'm not sure.

Tested on an fx-83GT PLUS (not mine) and I can confirm that this works. Nice find Eris600! This does not work on my fx-991ES PLUS VerE, so this seems specific to GT models.

EDIT: This definitely corrupts some memory somewhere, as pressing the equals button again just hangs the calculator like everything else does.

EDIT2: You can put anything before the x hat, of any length, as long as it wont cause any error screens to appear. Also, what are these other exploits like? One of them may not seem interesting but perhaps could cause buffer overflow or some other corruption/glitch that would lead to arbitrary code execution or just some other cool effects. Also, it appears that you can put anything instead of the + in the ᴀᴀ+x̂ part of the exploit and the length of it doesnt matter.

Edited by TheAwesomer, 26 March 2019 - 01:53 PM.

#402 TheAwesomer

TheAwesomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

POTENTIALLY MAJOR DISCOVERY FOR FX-GT SERIES

I got bored and was messing around on an fx-gt83 PLUS and found a glitch quite similar to a glitch that can be found on the fx-es non-plus series. Heres what I did.

Got into stat submode 0.

typed this in: (ᴀ)÷(ʙ)

and pressed enter. Got a math error.

Pressed left arrow and changed what was typed to (ᴀ)÷ʙ

Then pressed enter. The cursor would be glitched and the calculator would enter a glitched state were you typed stuff in, but it did not appear to do anything, but upon pressing enter, you would see that it did, and it would return to normal. You could also get a |< on the screen by typing past the screen so that the screen would scroll in normal usage.

Edited by TheAwesomer, 04 April 2019 - 09:38 AM.

#403 user202729

user202729

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:48 PM

Probably basic overflow on 83GT+. However it would unlikely to be useful to other GT calculators.

There's an emulator of 83GT+ provided by CASIO, although it's not very accurate it's still possible to extract some
information from it.

If you are interested, you can get the calculator ROM... (to compile programs for that calculator)

On the emulator, this simply freezes.

You can also test the following:

1. How many [left] key presses are required to make the cursor no longer stuck?
2. How many keys need to be pressed until the cur core come at the left side of the formula?

The sum of the two values above should be 256 minus the formula length.

3. Is it true that pressing [right] exits the state?

Edited by user202729, 03 April 2019 - 01:53 PM.

#404 TheAwesomer

TheAwesomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

1. 6 left key presses, although you dont see what you typed. Pressing enter crashes the calculator and I did once get it to show what I typed to get to this glitch mode, so it could be like an overflow glitch or similar.

2. It never appears to do this. Interestingly enough though, if you press SHIFT+DEL the cursor changes like it should, but then wont change back if you press the keys again.

3. Never seems to do anything.

Edited by TheAwesomer, 04 April 2019 - 09:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users