25 replies to this topic

#1 Misel

Misel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 04:45 PM

First of all, hello :)

Recently I started studying and I've chosen the CASIO Algebra FX2.0 as my guide.

The basic things (that what's already installed) that the calculater is capable of is more or less easy to understand. But I know that it's programmable as well and the basic language provided by CASIO is umm, very basic. But I read that you can program in C and assembler as well. I'm sure there must be a little how-to guide for that - I just haven't found it so far.

Then of course the programs must be transferred (that's why I bought the FX-Link-Kit). And in my research I found 4 (FOUR!! :o ) different programs to transfer 3 different kinds of file-types to the FX2.0.

There is the FX-Link-Kit program for the *.pg -files,
the FA-123 for the*.cat files and
the Add-in Installer and Flash-Com for the *.cfx-files.

while the latter one is a precompiled format, I guess, the two former ones are plain text and should contain programs written in the basic-language of the FX2.0. But what are the dis-/advantages of each formats?

These are my basic questions for now ;)

Thanx a lot in advance.

#2 Exca

Exca

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 05:13 PM

The *.cat is a format for fa-123 program, dunno more about that :)

*.cfx is as you say a precompiled format. I haven't used cfx since ~1 a year now, as you can transfer exe's directly to your calc. One good program for transferring is flascom which you may find somewhere (I still can't remember the urls) :).

Only one that has disadvantages is the cfx-format, as with that you can't install many files to one drive (or can you?) and when installing with add-in-installer it always loads your old files and then starts uploading.

#3 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Piano, Music, UCN<br />

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX-9850G, fx-7000G, fx-7500G, TI-83, HP100lx

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:14 PM

About that How-To guide. There are plenty of them...in french. So if you understand french, go and check out some sites of the frenchies. Mainly ww.graph100.com Alas, we still need someone to do an english guide or a translation of the french.

#4 Misel

Misel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 12:36 AM

About that How-To guide. There are plenty of them...in french. So if you understand french, go and check out some sites of the frenchies. Mainly ww.graph100.com Alas, we still need someone to do an english guide or a translation of the french.

French is my secondary foreign language and English my primary. So maybe I start translating it :)

that would actually be a good idea because this way I can train my French abilities and I learn how to use that calc. Well ... I'll have a look.

www.graph100.com

I just looked shortly but the site doesn't look like it's about the Casio Algebra FX2.0... :unsure:

#5 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 13 October 2002 - 02:22 AM

En fait "Graph100" est le nom fran?ais de AFX2.0 c'est tout ! Mais ne t'en fait pas le site ne parle que de ?a !

Et surtout n'h?site pas ? poser des questions sur le forum.

Va voir ce post l? il contient des informations importantes pour les newbies :

http://forum.graph10...topic.php?t=986

@+

The translation (for people too lazy to learn the better language on Earth !)

In fact "Graph100" is the French name for AFX2.0 that's all ! But don't worry this web-site is only about this calculator.

Do not hesitate to post on the French forum.

See this post, it contents important information for newbies:

http://forum.graph10...topic.php?t=986

bye.

#6 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 13 October 2002 - 05:34 AM

Come on 2072!
The better language on Earth?!! :(
You couldn't imagine what has French done to my mentality during studying it (it's my 3rd language, and English is my second).
I won't get into discussing or arguing that, but just take care while saying *non-compilable* sentences. :P

And Misel, your English vocabulary and intergration is one of the best I've seen in a while. :)
How old are you and what do you study?

#7 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 October 2002 - 10:26 AM

And Misel, your English vocabulary and intergration is one of the best I've seen in a while. :)

Looking at his website - he's german naturally - we all do speak quite good english - the exception is bytefish :P Just kidding. :lol:

#8 Misel

Misel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 01:03 PM

How old are you and what do you study?

why thank you :blush: ;)

As Killer83Z already stated I'm German. I'm 21 years old and started learning English in class 3 (I was nine years old then) but until I had an internet connection (~8 years later) my English was really basic. Awaiting Duke Nukem Forever I joined the 3D Realms Bulletin Board (with the same nick BTW) and now that I'm shortly before my 4th anniversary they still haven't released this damn game :angry: ;)

At about the same time I joined an English advanced course at school and about half of my classmates were exchange students in the USA for one year and I think this and the internet improved my English. I've actually never been in any country where the mothertongue is English except for 3 days in Scotland - and I didn't understand a single damn word they said. Well... it was not that bad but very hard to understand. However a little later I was assured that even people from England have trouble to understand the Scotts. :D

I'm studying "Technische Informatik" in Berlin. I think the term that translates best what I'm studying "computer engineering". I just started about a week ago. So let's see what the future brings. I think about studying at least one semester in the USA but nothing concrete is planned yet.

Yeah, that's me. So I hope we will get along together quite well :)

PS: After I hit the submit button when I post or edit something I won't get redirected to the post. My browser (Opera 6.05) tries to connect but gets a server timeout :blink:

#9 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 October 2002 - 01:54 PM

Don't want to be picky, but "mothertongue" should be "native language" and "concrete" is "Beton" in german. I know that I'm a pain in the a**. :D

Anyway, welcome here. We are known to be very kind (ignoring my sentences above :lol: )

#10 Misel

Misel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 03:24 PM

Don't want to be picky, but "mothertongue" should be "native language" and "concrete" is "Beton" in german. I know that I'm a pain in the a**.  :D

Anyway, welcome here. We are known to be very kind (ignoring my sentences above  :lol: )

if there weren't people like you how should I learn English then? :D

#11 superna

superna

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 05:03 PM

Welcome Misel !
I'm here to serve !
I programmmed Space Invaders
Technically Cfx files are a compilation of informations about the file , a drive image and a logo.
You can find a separate Drive image named .Lec you can transfer directly into a Calc Drive
(yea the afx2 is composed of 7 128 k Flash Drive L:/M:/N:/O:/P:/Q:)
The cat and other formats are Basic files, don't care !

Yea, for information, I'm ENGLISH (I'v the britain Passport !) and French
And i do German as Second language (but, my level is as the french German learning technique !)

I'll be glad to welcome you on the Graph100's board !

#12 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:

Posted 13 October 2002 - 05:43 PM

Come on 2072!
The better language on Earth?!!  :(
You couldn't imagine what has French done to my mentality during studying it (it's my 3rd language, and English is my second).
I won't get into discussing or arguing that, but just take care while saying *non-compilable* sentences.  :P

:lol:

I was kidding of course ! I should have written :

The better language on Earth when you speak it fluently :P

#13 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 October 2002 - 06:29 PM

Couldn't agree with that either, 2072 - english is much more convenient as being shorter and more quick in most things. Also french grammar is somewhat...strange.

#14 Misel

Misel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 06:53 PM

come on now, no flamewar in my first thread please :)

From my experience French is much harder to learn than English and except for the French there's probably noone around who would argue with that ;)

But I must say that I love the sound of French and it has something fascinating that kept me in my French classes even when I didn't even have to go and the marks I got were pointless because nobody cared about this course anyway.

but back to topic:

At first a BIG thumbsup to superna for programming space invaders. I guess one could call that the "killer app" for the AFX2.0 :D

Anyway... I already learned about the 7 drives. And wrote my first program in C that I transferred to the calculator - and got the message "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" :rolleyes:

So which compiler do you use to produce a 16bit exe instead (I think that's the error). And how can I get rid of the drive content. I tried another compiler but when I want to transfer the new cfx I get an error message because a program with the same name already exists and I can't simply overwrite it.

so what to do?

#15 superna

superna

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:57 AM

The calc runs on a Dos 2 like Os : ROM-DOS6.22
It's on the Rom who has 4 versions : 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03
You can check you version on going innto the Test Menu : Turn off your calc, press (f6) and (a+b/c) and (ac/on)
On the menu choose Rom and wait, it will indicate the rom version
After press (0) on the menu and (f6)
The calc runs on a 16bit 286 like real mode cpu : V30Mx
Just compile your c file with TurboC
You can download everything you want with CDK on http://www.c-d-k.fr.st
Don't forget to doxnload the Tc3 patch !
You can see files in drives with a programm called Explorateur
Just go on the website http://team.graph100.com
Just transfert this cfx with Add-In installer and just upload you file included in a drive with FlashCom (all available on this site)
Just mail me on superna AT ifrance.com !
:)

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2002 - 10:38 AM

Couldn't agree with that either, 2072 - english is much more convenient as being shorter and more quick in most things. Also french grammar is somewhat...strange.

The French grammar is not strange at all, it is logical and there is never doubt on the main meaning when reading a French text. Whereas that is not the same in English which is ilogical without real grammar rules, it is based on expressions only... I often have to read an english sentence several times to be sure to correctly understand it. But you're right English is always shorter than French to explain simple things.

Anyway when I said "the better language on Earth" I wasn't really serious... don't you think that your mother tongue is better than any other language ?

#17 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 14 October 2002 - 07:15 PM

I doubt that there is never a doubt ;) Anyway, no double-meanings - different meanings and ilogical grammar takes out the fun of a language, I think. What is poetry without it? :ph34r:

#18 Misel

Misel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:29 PM

The calc runs on a Dos 2 like Os : ROM-DOS6.22
It's on the Rom who has 4 versions : 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03
You can check you version on going innto the Test Menu : Turn off your calc, press (f6) and (a+b/c) and (ac/on)

then it's on just as if I pressed (ac/on). Nothing special.

On the menu choose Rom and wait, it will indicate the rom version
After press (0) on the menu and (f6)

again nothing as I don't get into the menu

You can download everything you want with CDK on http://www.c-d-k.fr.st
Don't forget to doxnload the Tc3 patch !

I already wanted to complain but then I saw your note about the TC3 patch and now everything compiles fine. But you should edit the files so that they won't fuxor up the directory settings of the compiler.

You can see files in drives with a programm called Explorateur
Just go on the website http://team.graph100.com
Just transfert this cfx with Add-In installer and just upload you file included in a drive with FlashCom (all available on this site)

did that and got a nice message: Sector not found error reading drive N Abort, Retry, Fail?

when I retry I get the same message, when I choose Fail I'm back in the menu and when I Abort I get a Prompt: A: miniCMD> where I can enter some stuff but I haven't found the "Enter" key so far. The menu key works until then but when I want to select a menu item it frozes and I have to push the reset button... *sigh* it's still a computer after all :rolleyes:

Besides ... it's no wonder that it can't read Drive N: because I have only 768k FlashRom and therefor only 6 drives which means that the last letter is K....

on the other hand ... wait a moment. when I start counting the menus. A= Run Mat and so on then it hangs at my systemmanager... weird. any solution for that?

Just mail me on superna AT ifrance.com !
:)

done ;) but this post was made afterwards. In the mail I complained about the usability of the Explorateur (which I thought was the prompt mentioned above. I installed another Filemanager I found on that site called SysExplorer and the same thing happened.

So is there any external program maybe that lets me delete the programs I installed on a drive?

that's it for now...

*goes listening to Avril Lavigne - Complicated ;) *

#19 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:38 PM

Be sure to press and HOLD all the buttons SIMULTANEOUSLY (including ac/on), to get into the menu. Just like CTRL+ALT+DEL (where delete is the power on button).

#20 Misel

Misel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:44 PM

aaaaah, why doesn't you say so in the first place :)

so my Rom Vesion is 1.02 and ROM Size is 4MB.

Do I get a price now? ;)

#21 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:50 PM

Not exactly. But I think rom 1.02 has a faster communication speed - but lacks the great grayscale features of the 1.01 rom. BradN's task to explain :P

#22 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • 1564 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 15 October 2002 - 10:54 PM

If you want an explorer that just do his job you should upload TOUCHE (my dear little program :) ) to your AFX using the .cfx file provided in the TOUCHE's archive and then in TOUCHE main menu press "B".

NOTE that if you modifie your main calc MENU with FlashCOM it may crash your calc (it always does with me...) so you should upload an explorer using a .cfx file and then only upload drives that contain programs that you run with the explorer.

To killer: Nevermind, I cannot explain my point of view in English (to difficult) so here is the French explanation:

Je disais simplement qu'en fran?ais, si la personne s'exprime correctement, on comprenait toujours ce qu'elle voulait dire, on est pas oblig? de lire plusieurs fois une phrase pour ?tre s?re d'en avoir bien saisi le sens (sauf s'il s'agit d'un texte litt?raire o? il peut y avoir un sens cach?, plus profond...). Au fait, quasiment 50% des mots anglais sont issus de la langue fran?aise.

Ah et une derni?re chose : une faute de grammaire ou d'orthographe en fran?ais ne risque pas de compromettre le sens de la phrase alors qu'en anglais une tel faute risque de rendre la phrase incompr?hensible ou pire, de changer son sens...

Voil? bonne traduction !

#23 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 16 October 2002 - 04:52 PM

Well - your native language is always your favor?te. Another discussion without an end.

#24 Thunderhead

Thunderhead

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 06:59 AM

You really love our language ? But in your country, what language do you study ? A bit of french I hope joking..!

#25 Misel

Misel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 07:17 PM

If you want an explorer that just do his job you should upload TOUCHE (my dear little program :) ) to your AFX using the .cfx file provided in the TOUCHE's archive and then in TOUCHE main menu press "B".

NOTE that if you modifie your main calc MENU with FlashCOM it may crash your calc (it always does with me...) so you should upload an explorer using a .cfx file and then only upload drives that contain programs that you run with the explorer.

So I downloaded this Touche and it works :)

it's a cool bunch of programs although it lacks some more games for boring lessons :lol:

anyway, so I can upload more than one exefile into one drive now and run it with the explorer?

another question: The Formula1 game tells me that it can't save the highscores because some files missing. do I have to put it into the standard program folder like the file for Space Invaders?

#26 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • 1564 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 20 October 2002 - 12:48 AM

Yes, you can upload as many exe as you want, you can use the drive L to Q, but since you use the cfx file, and if there was no add-in before in your calc the TOUCHE program is in the drive L so do not upload a .lec or .cdr on it or you will be unable to access your file but if it ever happens just upload the TOUCHE's .lec on this drive and it'll work again !

The drive Q can be used to save basic files in the flash, personaly, I always keep it free for basic files (to save the highscores of games !).

For your second question it's yes too, just create the basic file it requires with the goog size.

Note that in the next release of TOUCHE you wont have to do it anymore: it will create it autimaticaly ! And you will be able to create basic file form TOUCHE specifying the size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users