#1 wahwah

wahwah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-82AU PLUS II

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:30 AM

Hey there, interested in getting into the filesystem of my calculator. Any ideas? I know it lacks in processing power but would like to play around and see what I can get it to do.

#2 GodOfCows

GodOfCows

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860gii, fx-9750gii, TI-92, TI-89, TI-83 Plus

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

No way to put add-in in that calculator. Even if you found a way, there'd be no support for the device, all add-ins have been created for the fx-9860 or some varient of it.

#3 TheAwesomer

TheAwesomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:49 AM

Actually, I disagree. Although it may as well be impossible, if you were to dump the rom by dissolving the chip in acid and taking a photograph of it or through use of arbitrary code execution via a glitch, you could then reverse-engineer it and then put the rom on an EEPROM chip and just connect a microSD reader or similar to a non-important pin(s) (perhaps a test pin(s)) and the modified rom would read data from that pin(s) and load it onto the calculator.

So yeah, basically impossible, but not completely impossible.

I would like to say however, that the calculator has no file system. It is just raw data such as ASM (but a unique version for the 8-bit microcontroller that the calculator runs from.)

Edited by TheAwesomer, 02 April 2019 - 10:51 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hacking, file modification, files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users