First post to ask a question.
I am starting a degree in September for Civil Engineering and we have been given a list of calculators we are allowed due to exams on the course.
Texas Instruments TI-84
the work we will be doing in maths will include
- Numerical and algebraic skills.
- Standard mathematical functions and their properties: Linear, Power, Logarithm and Exponential functions, Trigonometric functions, rules and identities.
- Determinants: Expansion of 2 ×2 and 3×3 determinants, Cramer’s rule to solve simultaneous linear equations.
- Vectors: Parallelogram and Triangle rules, Position vectors, Components of a vector, Unit vectors, Scalar and Vector products.
- Complex Numbers: Argand diagrams, Cartesian, Polar and Exponential forms, DeMoivre’s Theorem.
- Differentiation: Standard derivatives, Product, Quotient and Function of a Function rules, Stationary values.
- Integration: Standard integrals, Integration by Substitution, by Parts, by Partial Fractions. Application to areas, volumes, centroids etc.
Which one of the above does everyone think is best? I am after something that can be programmed with all/some of the above to enable quick calculations