#1 Maverich40

Maverich40

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Math, Programming, Astronomy, Space

• Calculators:
    Casio fxCG500, fxCG10, fx-115ES, &c. and other brands.

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:39 PM

Just recently got a CG500 for my birthday... Looking for others with this strange calculator...

I am disappointed CG500 fails to perform operations and actually lacks features of their better calculators fx 9750/9860/CG10/CG50...

For example, they failed to include a CONVERSIONS app entirely now in CG500!

It's still a clumsy process to extract and use constants; or am I missing something?

There is no proper formal Matrix Editor which would make creating, and editing existing Matrixes much easier!

CG500 uses same method that TI-nspire does, but is prone to problems.

I actually do like the Stylus approach! CG500 accurately, reliably does highlight, copy, paste properly in my experience.

Moving objects from one screen to another does work; although you must be certain what it is you are dragging!

The lack of a simple Drawing, Doodling app seems silly as with such a nice large screen, it would prove itself useful in many classroom demonstrations!

I have successfully done the TI-nspire "Personal Polynomial" tutorial on the CG500, although this is a rather trivial affair; it was useful to learn about CG500.

I also have no issue with CASIO considering using RECHARGABLE BATTERIES in their calculators, because this would allow the charger to be connected,

WHILE a student/instruction uses the calculator! This means filling landfills with batteries COULD BE GREATLY REDUCED!

I have so many questions for anyone who has emersed themselves into the CG-500, many things I still do not quite understand the philosophy behind, so

if you would like a technical review of every feature of the CG-500, feel free to chat with me... :)

I can also be reached via Twitter :: https://twitter.com/Maverich40

Hope everyone is having a productive day and week!

I look forward to hearing from other CG-500 users :)

#2 sascha

sascha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-CG500

Posted 04 June 2021 - 01:06 PM

It seem there are not too many fx-CG500 users here. I have the feeling Casio's development for the smaller models is much more active.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users