• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9750GIII

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:53 PM

My CASIO FX-9750GIII calculator has two different memory:

Main Memory and Storage Memory

When I tried to delete some file in C.BASIC, I got an error that the file can't not delete. series of trouble thing was began.

Then I tried to delete that file in system memory manager: I selected that file, tap the DEL button, after the progress bar finished quickly, the file WAS STAIL OVER THERE!!!

When I tap the OPT button in Memory Manager, I got an error message: Memory Error. Also, I tried to BACKUP someting to STORAGE Memory, another message said that THE STORAGE IS FULL.

When I connent to PC by USB, I select [USB FLASH], after PREPARING USB..., it says "Data conversion failed", I press EXIT and PC shows the CASIO USB drive, I can see every thing good in PC File Manager window, but I CAN NOT DELETE OR APPEND EVERYTHING, and PC shows a message: "I/O Error" , code is :0x8007045D

What is wrong with my calculator??

Edited by laomo, 02 September 2021 - 02:54 PM.

#2 Hlib2

Hlib2

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:industrial electronics,
    graphing calculators

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2,
    cfx-9850GC+,
    fx-9750G+, graph_100+,
    fx-9750GII, fx-991DE_X,
    ti-83+_SE, ti-84+, ti-85,
    ti-89_Titanium,
    ti-voyage200.

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:10 PM

You mentioned CBASIC, and that`s what made me respond to this post. There are so many great features in CBASIC, that I now develop and debug all the algorithms only in this application, and then transfer them to other CASIO models using a regular SB-62 cable.
Perhaps CASIO is opposed to competition, and deliberately reduces the capabilities and speed of its calculators. In the GIII series, the possibility of communication of these calculators with older models has been canceled. I think CASIO changed its basic firmware so that CBASIC could not interfere with the policy of this corporation to promote new software products.
Cheap smartphones solve many problems 100 times faster than CASIO calculators, but manufacturers of calculators persistently ignore this fact for the sake of only them known goals.
I`m ignoring the "python" language, because CBASIC has much better capabilities for developing very interesting and complex programs (at least the latest version).
TI-ASM on TI-83+ calculators with 6_MHz counts much faster than even HP-Prime, and I prefer this well-documented environment in some of my tasks. In these calculators, I can immediately enter the ASM code from keyboard, and even in case of errors, there have never been the problems that you described.

Edited by Hlib2, 02 September 2021 - 06:44 PM.

#3 laomo

laomo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9750GIII

Posted 03 September 2021 - 03:45 AM

You mentioned CBASIC, and that`s what made me respond to this post. There are so many great features in CBASIC, that I now develop and debug all the algorithms only in this application, and then transfer them to other CASIO models using a regular SB-62 cable.
Perhaps CASIO is opposed to competition, and deliberately reduces the capabilities and speed of its calculators. In the GIII series, the possibility of communication of these calculators with older models has been canceled. I think CASIO changed its basic firmware so that CBASIC could not interfere with the policy of this corporation to promote new software products.
Cheap smartphones solve many problems 100 times faster than CASIO calculators, but manufacturers of calculators persistently ignore this fact for the sake of only them known goals.
I`m ignoring the "python" language, because CBASIC has much better capabilities for developing very interesting and complex programs (at least the latest version).
TI-ASM on TI-83+ calculators with 6_MHz counts much faster than even HP-Prime, and I prefer this well-documented environment in some of my tasks. In these calculators, I can immediately enter the ASM code from keyboard, and even in case of errors, there have never been the problems that you described.

I dont know whether the problem is caused by CBASIC, but the first time I found this problem is the time when I using CBASIC to delete some script.

now the situation is the file cannot delete by PC or CALC, it is so strange.

I use an mini-usb cable to connent my computer, since it doesn't work on calc, perhaps the cable was not to blame.

Now I can not do anything with Storage Memory, although I tried to follow the CASIO user's guide to reset storage memory, but it made no sence.

it makes me MAD. :(

#4 Hlib2

Hlib2

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
    graphing calculators

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2,
    cfx-9850GC+,
    fx-9750G+, graph_100+,
    fx-9750GII, fx-991DE_X,
    ti-89_Titanium,
    ti-voyage200.

Posted 03 September 2021 - 10:02 PM

In any case, I really ask you to tell us how your story with 9750GIII ended. In my experience with CASIO, I have never encountered such problems. But CBASIC sometimes deletes all the main memory in my 9860GII-2 calculator if I make some gross mistakes. Thank you, I will never buy GIII.

#5 laomo

laomo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9750GIII

Posted 04 September 2021 - 05:03 AM

In any case, I really ask you to tell us how your story with 9750GIII ended. In my experience with CASIO, I have never encountered such problems. But CBASIC sometimes deletes all the main memory in my 9860GII-2 calculator if I make some gross mistakes. Thank you, I will never buy GIII.

I have found about 3 GIII users have such problem so far. However, I will try to format the flash. I called the CASIO customer service yesterday, they ask me to sent my calculator to the Maintenance department (in Shanghai, China), In Fact, I'm not willing to do this because of the cost and I think when they sent my calculator back they will just tell me "Your calculator's flash may broken" and the problem is still there. So I just tried to get some information about this problem and fix it by myself.
To Be Honest, C.BASIC is perfect.

#6 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Programming, On-Calc Programming(C.Basic), Gaming, Origami, Eating Chocolate

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 05 September 2021 - 08:51 AM

@laomo what is the name of the file that you tried to delete? Maybe it has some unusable charactars?
Some time ago i had a file called ":)" in my Main Mem (9860Gii). This caused BASIC to show an empty Program List and after restarting, my main mem was cleared.

#7 laomo

laomo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9750GIII

Posted 05 September 2021 - 03:48 PM

@laomo what is the name of the file that you tried to delete? Maybe it has some unusable charactars?
Some time ago i had a file called ":)" in my Main Mem (9860Gii). This caused BASIC to show an empty Program List and after restarting, my main mem was cleared.

Hi HappyCalc,
I thought about the unusual filename, it seems that it does have a "unusual" filename: "~~HELP1.g1m", I not sure if the character "~" is a unusable character. if it does, can I link that problem to this unusable character?

#8 laomo

laomo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9750GIII

Posted 05 September 2021 - 03:58 PM

In the TI-83 + calculators, it is possible to restore the device`s operability using the "Send OS" command from a working calculator to a faulty one. This operation deletes the damaged sectors in the flash memory. This can also be done in CASIO, but only with the help of a computer.
1. Edit the program several times in the CBASIC application. The size of the flash memory will decrease. This means that CBASIC is not related to this problem.
2. Perform the "Optimization" function. If nothing has changed, then the problem is in the calculator. Replace the faulty chip, then enter special codes in the OS, and then the calculator will accept the new chip. At least, this is the case in modern military electronics.

i have tried to enter the OS Error (the same way as FX-9860GII SD), and update the system via official system update tool, but the problem is still there, the addin or my file in storage memory is complete.
the Python addin told me that the data is protected.
i though that maybe the flash chip broken or some mode like "writing protection", i cannot make a judgement.

#9 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Programming, On-Calc Programming(C.Basic), Gaming, Origami, Eating Chocolate

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 06 September 2021 - 05:59 AM

Hi HappyCalc,
I thought about the unusual filename, it seems that it does have a "unusual" filename: "~~HELP1.g1m", I not sure if the character "~" is a unusable character. if it does, can I link that problem to this unusable character?

Im sorry that i don't have a GIII, but on my GII that file name is ok. Shouldn't your Calculator deny that file to copy from your PC if it's name is invalid?
You said you tried to delete a file. What is the name of this file?

#10 laomo

laomo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9750GIII

Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:58 PM

Im sorry that i don't have a GIII, but on my GII that file name is ok. Shouldn't your Calculator deny that file to copy from your PC if it's name is invalid?
You said you tried to delete a file. What is the name of this file?

that filename maybe just the "~~HTLP.g1m", i want to delete it because of it's size.

#11 laomo

laomo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9750GIII

Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I've tried a lot of ways these days to solve it, but all don't work, especially i entered the OS Error mode, and update the system via official system updating tool. it makes me frustrated.

i contact the seller of this calculator(i purchased it on Taobao, a chinese shopping website), he said he can change a new one to me, and i have prepared to send the calculator out.

in fact, the fx-9750GIII is not sold in China, the fx-9860GIII instead, but the 9860GIII has a price that TWO time of fx-9750GIII (9750GIII cost about 340 yuan (52.5$), 9860GIII cost about 680 yuan (105.1$)), because the 9750GIII is not sold in China, i purchased it from a overseas purchasing agent. And the funny thing is, the fx-9860GII SD 's price also close to the price of fx-9860GIII in China.

because of that, i can't sent it to the Official maintenance department because it is no warranty, still and all, i still asked some information from them, they said maybe the calculator broken. but to my surprise, the seller was willing to change a white one to me.

So far, I still cannot solve this problem. but i will trace this post.

#12 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:43 AM

The calculators save an MCS (Main Mem) image from RAM to Flash. Does your calculator save the image to Flash anyways?
yes
The problem should be in the Filesystem

no
The problem could be a faulty Flash Chip

Here is a simple test for this:
Write a something into a program in Basic (or C.Basic Main Mem mode)
Then leave the file (save it)
Shut down your calc and start it again
Does the file exist anyways?

#13 Hlib2

Hlib2

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
    graphing calculators

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2,
    cfx-9850GC+,
    fx-9750G+, graph_100+,
    fx-9750GII, fx-991DE_X,
    ti-89_Titanium,
    ti-voyage200.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:24 PM

Each time the calculator is turned off, the contents of the main memory (CMOS RAM) are duplicated in the flash RAM, but, if there were no power failures, they are not loaded from the flash memory when the calculator is turned on again.
To check the flash, you should remove the power batteries without turning off the calculator. Then put the batteries back in place and turn on the calculator. This problem was sometimes encountered in the HP-39GII when the flash chip failed. Most likely, this is not the reason. The processor can install a certain code on flash that prohibits the deletion of this block, or even make any file invisible to the OS of the calculator. These old tricks are even available in TI-83+ ASM. IMO, this problem can be solved programmatically.

#14 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:31 PM

@Hlib2
Also when pressing the reset button on the back, it will be loaded from the Falsh

#15 Hlib2

Hlib2

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
    graphing calculators

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2,
    cfx-9850GC+,
    fx-9750G+, graph_100+,
    fx-9750GII, fx-991DE_X,
    ti-89_Titanium,
    ti-voyage200.

Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:23 PM

@ HappyCalc
Sometimes the "RESET" button completely deletes the contents of RAM, returning the calculator to its original state if some application damages some OS files in RAM. This has happened to me a couple of times in the CBASIC application. But if you remove the main batteries, the previous damaged state of the calculator is restored. In this case, you can determine where the failure occurred. In the afx-2.0+/graph100+ calculators, a power failure does not violate the last RAM state even during program execution. When the power is resumed for no more than five minutes (in the absence of a CR2032 backup power supply element), the calculator continues its program from the moment of the power interruption. This feature of saving RAM state is lost in all other CASIO models.
When I repeatedly interrupt the power supply of the calculator during the execution of the program, even in the absence of a" back up battery", I have never been able to disrupt the functioning of afx-2.0. The calculator always continues to work, resuming any interrupted action. I do not understand why not use the old reliable technologies from "Datalight" in the new CASIO models?

Edited by Hlib2, 16 September 2021 - 06:42 PM.

#16 Hlib2

Hlib2

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
    graphing calculators

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2,
    cfx-9850GC+,
    fx-9750G+, graph_100+,
    fx-9750GII, fx-991DE_X,
    ti-89_Titanium,
    ti-voyage200.

Posted 17 September 2021 - 04:24 PM

BTW, is there a "file manager" for CASIO calculators, similar to those applications that have been available for TI-83+ for a long time? With their help, you can even delete files that are protected from editing, or make any file protected from deletion. Is there a "Start Up" application for CASIO fx-GII/CIII, in which you can activate any functions/programms when you turn on the calculator?

Edited by Hlib2, 18 September 2021 - 07:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users