#1 Paddie808

Paddie808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GIII

Posted 31 October 2022 - 07:22 PM

I recently got a CASIO fx-9860-GIII and have decided to install some addons. So far, the only files that give any result are .g1a s (are these the only supported file types or am I just being stupid?), and except from some official CASIO ones, all of the ones i have tried have crashed and frozen the calculator, meaning i have to use the reset button. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks so much for any help!

#2 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Programming, On-Calc Programming(C.Basic), Gaming, Origami, Eating Chocolate

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 19 February 2023 - 06:20 PM

The problem is probably, that they are for an older version of the CPU (the SH-3), you have the SH-4. Try to find an SH-4 compatible version. There are also some incompatibilities between the GII and GIII, but i didn't see many GIII versions of the programs.

#3 Fegolix

Fegolix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860 GIII

Posted 19 February 2023 - 09:15 PM

I only have the fx-9860 GIII and use the GII SDK and it works fine. HappyCalc is completly right most of the programs are written for the SH-3 CPU and therefore doesn't work. But so far every G1A I compiled with the SDK worked on my GIII with SH-4 CPU.

The only other option of writing programs on the calculator are CASIO BASIC programs(.g1m). 

You can edit them on your calculaor or use BIDE from Planete Casio.

https://www.planet-c....php?showid=118

If you want to check out my GIII programs, I publish them on my GitHub.

https://github.com/felixwittwer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users