RAMBOFAKER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx9860GII

Posted 26 December 2023 - 08:58 PM

Greetings everyone

I have converter that allows to convert USB A ( Most used USB type ) to Mini USB. And I want to use it on my calculator with an usb flash drive ( 4, 8 or 16 GB flash drive if it's possible ).  Can this calculator read usb drives and is there a program for this calculator to read usb drives? 3 MB is so insufficient for this calculator and I want to do this in order to increase the memory of the calculator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Programming, On-Calc Programming(C.Basic), Gaming, Origami, Eating Chocolate

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 08 January 2024 - 09:27 AM

To support reading flash drives (act as host), the controller must support OTG, which the calculator very likely doesn't. There is the fx9860GII SD calculator which has an sd card slot, but I don't think you want to buy a new one. If you have an arduino/esp and some programming knowledge, you could try sending files over the calculators serial interface, but that is much more complex.

#3 RAMBOFAKER

RAMBOFAKER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx9860GII

Posted 13 January 2024 - 11:23 PM

Thank you for your reply.

I am still an elecric-electronic engineering student and our teachers didn't teach anything about ardunios yet. And unfortunately I don't have any programming knowledge. I tried 16 gb usb flash drive and 4 gb sd card inserted in usb sd card reader on the calculator with the converter but calculator didn't see them. Calculator can send and receive files from computer and I think if calculator can do that on computer, It can do the same with usb. If only there is an app for the calculator that can make the calculator act as a host and see the files on OTG drives I won't need to buy the SD card version. I hope someone can help to solve the situation.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users