fx9750G3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Todd

Todd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, electronics, computers, and of course, math.

• Calculators:
    fx-CG500 - My "daily driver" (actually, CP-400)
    fg-CG50
    fx-991EX Classwiz
    fx-9750gii
    fx-9750giii
    TI-89 Titanium
    TI-83 Silver Edition
    TI-nSpire CX CAS

Posted 29 February 2024 - 05:21 PM

The PC linking program, FA-124, has a nice program editor built into it for writing Casio Basic programs for the fx9750G2, and it is pretty easy to copy and paste programs between the calculator window and the FA-124 window in the FA-124 application. HOWEVER, there seems to be no such editor in the newer version of linking software for the fx9750G3 calculator - simply called Screen Receiver. It appears that Screen Receiver is designed to work with several of the newer graphing calculators. Now, I know how to write Python programs with a text editor, like Notepad++, on the PC and upload them to the calculator, but that is not going to work for Casio Basic programs, as these are not in text format. Actually, either are the Python programs, but the calculator converts the Python program from text to whatever is being used internally in the calculator.

I guess what I am asking is: Is there a way to write Casio Basic programs on a PC and get them uploaded into the fx9750G3 calculator?

Edited by Todd, 01 March 2024 - 08:55 AM.

#2 pan.gejt

pan.gejt

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 29 February 2024 - 05:52 PM

You can use notepad (part of the Windows OS) as a program editor for Casio Basic and transfer it to calculator by using mass storage. You can find useful information in the UG, page 8-46 till 8-52, 

Similar topic was discussed and some program was successfully tested here some years ago

https://community.ca...50-programming/

Edited by pan.gejt, 29 February 2024 - 05:53 PM.

#3 Todd

Todd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, electronics, computers, and of course, math.

• Calculators:
    fx-CG500 - My "daily driver" (actually, CP-400)
    fg-CG50
    fx-991EX Classwiz
    fx-9750gii
    fx-9750giii
    TI-89 Titanium
    TI-83 Silver Edition
    TI-nSpire CX CAS

Posted 29 February 2024 - 07:35 PM

You can use notepad (part of the Windows OS) as a program editor for Casio Basic and transfer it to calculator by using mass storage. You can find useful information in the UG, page 8-46 till 8-52, 

Similar topic was discussed and some program was successfully tested here some years ago

https://community.ca...50-programming/

This is a great suggestion, so I will give it a try and see what happens. I did not do this earlier because I figured what applied to the CG50 would not apply to the fx-9750. I'll report back what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users