Great news. All programs of LuaNumAn 1.50 are running flawlessly (14 large scripts). Even the DLMfit script works (traditionally, this script caused crashes in previous "candidate" versions, due to faulty grabage collection).
Actually I used DLMFit as benchmark to check the gain in performances concerning the memory usage
Note that the problem with those programs don't really come from the garbage collection; it's just that LuaNumAn is rather large, and each chunk loaded in Lua requires a lot of memory (3 to 5 times its size as source code!
). Btw, I noticed that you allways load the libraries at the beginning of each chunk. That means that even if you use a function at the very end of the program (LuaPlot for example), you reserve a lot of memory for it at the beginning, hence the memory crashes. Maybe you should consider using doscript() instead of require() for functions like LuaPlot: you may also pass some arguments to the called script, and return some value, but the advantage is that you only load the chunk when you really need it
require() could also be used near the end of a program, not only at the beggining.
(1) The tabs in the editor windows are now resizing, in order to fit a filename which is long. In other words, a small (but annoying) bug has been removed.
Yes, but as you noticed it, there is now another strange bug
I will have to find another workaround.
(2) The graphics window doesn't have a border, as in previous versions. Probably the border was an artifact from the console window, and it has been removed due to the windows refactoring. I think it is better as it is now.
In fact I had to remove it for better compatibility with the 'pict' functions
(3) A new directory named "CPLua" is created in CP when installing CPLua 0.8RC1. It includes only one file, named "Prefs". What is it? If I delete it, my ClassPad will explode?
It's just a file containing your preferences: the keyboard and the font you choosed (there will certainly be more options later). It is saved each time you close CPLua. I'm sorry about this, but I didn't have many choices
Hmm, too bad that text files are so difficult to implement. Maybe in version 0.9 then... We need a way to export CPLua programs as computer text files (this facility is very very useful, and should be implemented somehow).
If you just want to exchange Lua programs with text files on the computer, you can copy/paste the code from the emulator...
Note there will never be a "magic tool" to transform a MCS files with Lua programs (even saved as TEXT variables) into a simple txt file on the computer...
You will allways have to deal through the emulator. I agree it could be convenient to be able to save the output of a program however.
the new Lua crashes my ClassPad here is what happened: first tap at the begining "nuevo (new)" it is hte fist option in the menu at the top then tap "cerrar (close)" in the menu where you change the keyboard, the font etc... and the it crashed... target= 0000007C PC=1004ACF4 ...
Certainly a problem coming from some last-minute change... Sorry, I will check this.
Thanks for your fast comments