Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300
    Classpad Manager

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:31 AM

I know vanhoa. And I should have said that I don't mind testing for you. I dunno if you have seen it that way but I sort've helped test it (to the best of my ability) and I don't mind continuing helping (if you wanna release that zelda capable version ;):D).

#82 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:09 AM

EDIT : Wohoo, run it again, I get a BLANK FATAL ERROR SCREEN ! :D Without any information on addresses, just the FATAL ERROR dialog. Your program is pure genius ! I'm going to run it again, to see what happens.

1. I found it a long time ago.

I agree Protoman No One. Testing and re-testing is a very good thing to do to ensure safety of operation of programs. And BTW Vanhoa, your website is in Vietnamese, with a am sorry that I cannot read :D

Guys, you're missing the point here. Testing is only half the duty. Giving a good big warning about the problems that you find is the second half of the duty. Don't you think it's a bit dumb to just forget something really big , "Oh I forgot that gnuboy causes errors. Oh yeah and watch out, my calculator is broken. So oopsie daisies, I just forgot. " Then you have to get angry with Kilburn just because he pointed out a problem. That's silly and irresponsible. What's the point of creating software for others to use if you're gonna shout at them. A more polite and comforting response would have been much, much better.

Besides that, you still aren't following the GPL (GNU Public License). If you distribute gnuboy, included with it also must be the source code in order for others to see the changes you made to it and to also validate that what you're doing is not illegal. You can't just hide it. It has be included along with the program. If you don't want to follow then license, then don't distribute and use gnuboy. Until you do that, what you're doing is illegal.

#83 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, CP 300, CP 330, nSpire, TI 89, FX 5800

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:33 AM

As I said before, the source code will be sent to any one who need it, just send me a pm.

One more, the problem isnt so serious, it's just some errors in drivers file, that should be fixed easily by CASIO.

"Then you have to get angry with Kilburn just because he pointed out a problem", That 's wrong, I angry with him because of the way he talk about it... But there is no problem with GnuBoy at all.

And nobody should talk so much that every thing must be right. The world isnt that wonderful:(

#84 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:36 AM

As I said before, the source code will be sent to any one who need it, just send me a pm.

Well, it doesn't work that way. The source code is required to be included along with the program itself. Follow the license or don't use and distribute gnuboy anymore. What you're doing is a violating the GPL. Have you even read it and fully understood it yourself? It seems you didn't. That's another reason why you shouldn't distribute gnuboy, because you must first agree and comply with the license.

But...

As I expected, I knew that you were going to say that. I just needed you to say that again to show something: I'll take your offer. Send me the source. You should be quite familiar with my usual email addresses: kucalc AT hotmail.com and kucalc AT gmail.com. If you've got nothing to hide, then there should be no problems and no excuses. B)

But already, I know what is going to happen...

EDIT:

No need ti hide any thing ^_^

Any ways, here you are : http://www.mediafire.com/?5xdpz01ttzx

Nothing to hide? Yeah right, now I know why you don't want to publicy share... I knew from the beginning that Gaumerie would have first told us of what he was doing with his Gaumerie Lib. Those Gaumerie libs in the archive haven't been updated since 2006, they're still the originals. This now just confirms that you have taken copyrighted code from either my Revolution-FX project or Steven Konig's work. I'm pretty sure that Gaumerie is unaware of what is happening right now, but to use his name without him knowing, pointing that he wrote the 4 color engine when he didn't, without his permission, stolen identity, to cover up your own crime is just sick. Just sick. Makes me wander what devious things you can do in the future...

By the way, nice work removing and stripping off the license and copyright info from my Revolution-FX grayscale engine.

#85 kevinator9

kevinator9

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300
    Classpad Manager

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:05 AM

I feel it weird saying it is illegal to not give out the source code for GNUBoy because GNUBoy is illegal anyway (because it is a GameBoy emulator). Don't you find that odd? I mean... illegal stuff is illegal to do illegal stuff too :D

#86 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:14 AM

I knew from the beginning that Gaumerie would have first told us of what he was doing with his Gaumerie Lib. Those Gaumerie libs in the archive haven't been updated since 2006, they're still the originals. This now just confirms that you have taken copyrighted code from either my Revolution-FX project or Steven Konig's work. I'm pretty sure that Gaumerie is unaware of what is happening right now, but to use his name without him knowing, pointing that he wrote the 4 color engine when he didn't, without his permission, stolen identity, to cover up your own crime is just sick. Just sick. Makes me wander what devious things you can do in the future...

By the way, nice work removing and stripping off the license and copyright info from my Revolution-FX grayscale engine.

I used GaumerieLib and Steven Konig's source, every ones know that, included Gamuerie. You cant say that. 4 levels of gray isnt all from Gaumerie, I think you didnt understand the source code, making 2 bitmaps blink very fast isnt new.

And I didnt use your Revolution-FX source, look carefully, I didnt use any part of your Rev. I included the file test.c but without using it, because at first i manage to test that is your speed-up way is better than mine, but it made my CP crashed. Look it again in the source code, not every files are used, open it with DEV-C++! Dont think you are the only one who know how to do everythings.

PS: I will not continue a war any more, in this school year I have some big exams, and one more this: I dont have in my hand any CASIO calc, you can say any thing, other people can think about me as bad as they want, and after all they shold turn their head to kucalc - the-best-programer-ever...

I'm loser... I'm a weakest devil, and you are the most powerful god. Is that ok? Let's waiting for the news - addins - hacks from our Casio friends:)

Bye,

#87 kevinator9

kevinator9

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300
    Classpad Manager

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

Hope that bye isn't a goodbye forever! Please stay! I'd really like to see that zelda compatible version :D

#88 Andreas B

Andreas B

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G SD

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

I feel it weird saying it is illegal to not give out the source code for GNUBoy because GNUBoy is illegal anyway (because it is a GameBoy emulator). Don't you find that odd? I mean... illegal stuff is illegal to do illegal stuff too :D

An emulator is not automatically illegal. It has to contain something special, like copyrighted BIOS or other proprietary stuff, to be illegal. I beleive the specs for the gameboy are widely available, so no reverse engineering is needed.

#89 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:14 AM

Emulators aren't illegal as long as it's 100% written by the author himself. That's like saying Windows (NT-based) is illegal because now it emulates DOS, or like CASIO's ClassPad Manager is illegal because CASIO made it. But GameBoy emulators are a special issue, because back in 2004 Nintendo bought a US patent for the GameBoy emulator, actually giving them the power to enforce that future GameBoy emulators will be illegal. However, gnuboy was written back in 2000, years before Nintendo made GameBoy emulators illegal.

PS: I will not continue a war any more, in this school year I have some big exams, and one more this: I dont have in my hand any CASIO calc, you can say any thing, other people can think about me as bad as they want, and after all they shold turn their head to kucalc - the-best-programer-ever...

There's no need to resort to lame comebacks and name-teasing with silly epithets (I've thought we've already made it clear that this is childish, but I guess you don't want to learn) as I was just trying to help you do the right thing. Maybe other users here don't care and don't want to do the right thing, because the number one use of their ClassPad is to play games:

I'd really like to see that zelda compatible version :D

But you've brought this onto yourself...

#90 kevinator9

kevinator9

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300
    Classpad Manager

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

Who doesn't wanna play zelda??? :D:D:D
Thanks kucalc and andraes, that really helped me understand.

#91 Orwell

Orwell

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio AFX 1.02 / Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:19 AM

I knew from the beginning that Gaumerie would have first told us of what he was doing with his Gaumerie Lib. Those Gaumerie libs in the archive haven't been updated since 2006, they're still the originals. This now just confirms that you have taken copyrighted code from either my Revolution-FX project or Steven Konig's work. I'm pretty sure that Gaumerie is unaware of what is happening right now, but to use his name without him knowing, pointing that he wrote the 4 color engine when he didn't, without his permission, stolen identity, to cover up your own crime is just sick. Just sick. Makes me wander what devious things you can do in the future...

:blink:
Hey man, are you trying to say that Gaumerie never wrote any functions for grayscales, and that vanhoa actually used your own work from Revolution-FX, while pretending that they were made by Gaumerie? :huh: hey, who do you think you are actually? :blink: It is true that Gaumerie never made a public release of his library, for personal reasons. But he gave it to every person who asked him for it (including myself). I was quite aware of his work at that time. This topic contains an old post by Kilburn saying that we were still waiting for the official release at that time (which unfortunately never came, as many other projects).

And now, because you were the first one to release a public library for grayscales, you come here to claim that vanhoa stole your own work while pretending someone else did it? Once again, do you really think you're the only one here who is able to discover some new technics, or that you are aware of every projects concerning calculators? :blink: Vanhoa might have transgressed copyright laws, but you sure have a totally disproportionate ego.

Now I'm not exactly sure if the original GaumerieLib could give 3 or 4 grayscales, and what changes vanhoa made on it. But pretending he basically copied your own code to obtain the same effects as yours... That just confirms what I could see when we discussed about your grayscale results. You don't create things to help the community, you make them to gain recognition from everyone. And the real thing that is actually pissing you off, is vanhoa possibly using your work while pretending it was made by someone else. Man, you still have a long way to go. :rolleyes:

#92 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

This now just confirms that you have taken copyrighted code from either my Revolution-FX project or Steven Konig's work.

Hey man, are you trying to say that Gaumerie never wrote any functions for grayscales, and that vanhoa actually used your own work from Revolution-FX, while pretending that they were made by Gaumerie? :huh:

Huh? Did I? Why are you so eager to say that I did, when I actually didn't. There's a clear difference from or and and. Look them up in the dictionary. <_< You may have been confused because I said both Revolution-FX and Steven Konig. I was trying to show that these are the only logical places where vanhoa could have stolen the code and that both works are copyrighted. And that was the point, vanhoa did take copyrighted work. He has to ask the original author for permission first.

And now, because you were the first one to release a public library for grayscales, you come here to claim that vanhoa stole your own work while pretending someone else did it?

Again, did I? And for a matter of fact, I was correct in that he did steal Steve Konig's work and again it's copyrighted. Is Steve Konig even given credit in the SPECIAL THANKS in CPgnuboy?

Vanhoa might have transgressed copyright laws, but you sure have a totally disproportionate ego.

It's not might, he did. He even admit's to using Steve Konig's work and again it's copyrighted. And now you accuse me of having a "disproportionate ego" because I asked vanhoa to follow the GPL and include the source with the program or to first ask permission from the original author? That's just wrong...

Now I'm not exactly sure if the original GaumerieLib could give 3 or 4 grayscales, and what changes vanhoa made on it.

No GaumerieLib's doesn't, vanhoa had to take copyrighted code.

You don't create things to help the community, you make them to gain recognition from everyone.

Oh no, you've mistaken me for vanhoa, who he thinks has more rights and power than the rest us and thinks he can copy code and continue to violate the GPL as long as he wants.

TAnd the real thing that is actually pissing you off, is vanhoa possibly using your work while pretending it was made by someone else.

There's now no need to get into crude language. You really want to know what's "pissing" me off? Nothing. :D

You can't deny that I was trying to help vanhoa do the right thing. vanhoa is violating the GPL and I was just trying to help him do the right thing. And I would've been ok if he used Revolution-FX, if he gave the proper credits as other users have done. But vanhoa didn't, he failed to do these things. Things that if he would have done, then we wouldn't be in this mess. Be he continued to persists, thinking he was above us and he could do whatever he wants with his ultra-superego. He feels he can go along and take people's work and violate the GPL whenever he wants. And it's not only that. It's his attitude also. Is it right to shout at users who don't have the same expertise?: http://www.casiocalc...c...ost&p=41952. It's normal for a user to become worried if something happens to a valuable belonging. If you're gonna shout at the community, you shouldn't be programming for the community anyways. He could have controlled himself instead, and ensured the community with a comforting response that it's not such a big problem. What vanhoa did was like beating a little child with a belt and a crowbar, just because a child doesn't know much. There are sick people like that out there in the world. The really sad thing is that there are only a few to stop it...

Unlike vanhoa, I'm not a brick and ignore when someone is telling me I doing something wrong. I actually do want to strive, do the right thing and learn. vanhoa needs to learn humility and needs to know that's it's wrong if he takes from others what is not his without asking permission. If you're gonna say I still have a long way to go, then vanhoa still has a extremely long, long, long, long, long way to go, because even I can give credit to those I have borrowed, ask permission first and learn from others.

#93 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

I didnt use any part of your Rev in GnuBoy, dont think that GrayScale is the thing only you can do it! GrayScale is just making 2 pictures blink very fast, as in the past I made the grayscale of Block Dude. NO CODE IN GNUBOY IS YOURS:

/******************************************************************************
*	[Title]		TMU-TimerRoutines-Demo
*	[Model] 	PocketViewer 1600
*	[Version]	Ver1.00
*	Copyright (C) 2002 Stefan K??nig (SDwarfs)
******************************************************************************/

#include	"define.h"
#include	"libc.h"
#include	"L_define.h"
#include	"L_libc.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include "TMU.h"

int timer=0;	  // a timer-counter...

void IntHandler() {  // The Int-Handler...
  ++timer;		// just increments the timer-counter
  doneHandler(0); // we finished the Handler
}

int line_cnt=0;
void debugout(char *s) {
  LibPutProStr(IB_PFONT1,0,30+line_cnt*10,(byte*)s,160);
  LibPutDisp();
  LibWait(IB_1SWAIT); // Wait a second...
  ++line_cnt;
}

void main(void) {
  char s[50];  // Some space to store a C-String...

LibInitDisp(); // Inits Display
  LibClrDisp();  // Clears Virtual Screen...

sprintf(s,"Initializing... (%d,%d,%d)",get_imask(),*TSTR,*IPRA);
  LibPutProStr(IB_PFONT1,10,10,(byte*)s,100);
  LibPutDisp();

InitTMU();   // Initialize TMU

debugout("Installing Handler.... ");
  // Install IntHandler on TimerChannel 0 with 44,1kHz
  // Handled by Subroutine "IntHandler()"
  installHandler(0,44100,&IntHandler);

debugout("Starting...		");
  // Start the Timer (Channel 0)
  startTimer(0);

debugout("Checking Timer...		");
  if (timer==0) {
	debugout("Failure... Cleaning up!		");
	ReleaseTMU();
	return;
  }
  debugout("Entering Loop...		 ");
  do {
	// Display current value of "timer" on the display...
	sprintf(s,"Timercounter: %d",timer);
	LibPutProStr(IB_PFONT1,20,20,(byte*)s,100);
	LibPutDisp();
  } while (timer<44100*10);  // Repeat for 10 Secs...

debugout("Stopping Timer...		");
  stopTimer(0); // Stop the Timer

debugout("Releasing TMU...		 ");
  ReleaseTMU(); // Release TMU
  debugout("Finished... Returning to Menu");
}

You really think that Stefan K??nig copied your Rev?

And next, Stefan K??nig didnt release the project as a GPL copyrighted, he release it as a tutorial! But I said that I used his lib anyways.

Recently I prefer learning+building website+writing blog to programming for the calc, I dont want to talk much about this, but you are wrong kucalc!

And finally, I DONT NEED TO LEARN ANY THING FROM YOU, do not think you are the only body in the world!

#94 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

I didnt use any part of your Rev in GnuBoy, dont think that GrayScale is the thing only you can do it!

Again, as I've said with Orwell, I didn't say that. I made the point that you did take copyrighted work.

And next, Stefan K ?nig didnt release the project as a GPL copyrighted, he release it as a tutorial!

We all know that it isn't GPL and you know this, we can all see the source code. There is no need to inject false thoughts. But it is copyrighted. You still have to give credit. And if there is a tutorial, then why didn't you give us a link in the first place? Is it just another excuse or are you just irresponsible? And when I'm talking about GPL, I'm referring that gnuboy is released under the GPL. Funny that you don't even answer my question, if Steve Konig is given credit in gnuboy....

You really think that Stefan K ?nig copied your Rev?

No where in this whole entire thread have I said this. But you know this. You're trying to create your own dirt and making up lies to inject false thoughts...

Recently I prefer learning+building website+writing blog to programming for the calc, I dont want to talk much about this, but you are wrong kucalc!

I never said building websites was wrong.

And finally, I DONT NEED TO LEARN ANY THING FROM YOU

Well, that's your own sad problem. Yeah, go ahead, shout. You've been doing that for a long time, such childish behavior to continue like that. Only little children need to shout all the time. It's like I said in my previous posts, you can't control yourself, especially with your ultra-superego. This just confirms that you think you're better and superior than everyone else with your ultra-superego. Go steal from others and don't give them credit and go violate the GPL (gnuboy) whenever you like. And now you don't want to learn from those who are trying to help you. Man, you still have a extremely, long, long, long way to go. :rolleyes:

#95 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

Well, if you would like to see the file, ask Orwell, I dont remember where it is in my computer.

Next, if you like to call me as a kid, go ahead, I have no idea :roflol: Let people have their own opinion, look at the download section ant seach for my addin on the net, then see how many people use my addins B) You can say whatever you want, I dont care :D

#96 Orwell

Orwell

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio AFX 1.02 / Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:05 PM

Huh? Did I? Why are you so eager to say that I did, when I actually didn't. There's a clear difference from or and and. Look them up in the dictionary. <_<

You start by a direct provocation huh? I wasn't expecting less than that ;) But don't play with words, I guess you got the idea. Btw, since you are speaking about dictionaries (and languages by extension), try to write your next long post in French and I will answer in French too; or better, try to do it in Vietnamese, you'll see how it is to argue with someone in another language. It may seems as an easy excuse, but don't forget that it is really frustrating to be unable to express exactly what you want and make you understand by others. :rolleyes:

You may have been confused because I said both Revolution-FX and Steven Konig. I was trying to show that these are the only logical places where vanhoa could have stolen the code and that both works are copyrighted. And that was the point, vanhoa did take copyrighted work. He has to ask the original author for permission first.

No GaumerieLib's doesn't, vanhoa had to take copyrighted code.

So basically, because vanhoa used 4 grayscales, and because he's totally unable to discover/implement new things on his own, he obviously stole the code from someone else. This is your point, right? After all, you seems to be the only one here who is able to discover such things.

And vanhoa is right on a point: basic grayscales can be obtained by alternating several bitmaps with the best timing. We know about this technic for more than 10 years. Do you really think you have invented something? :blink: Come on, it's as you were fighting to know which one re-invented the wheel first. I know you're concerned about the general fact of violating the GPL, but man, this is still ridiculous.

It's not might, he did. He even admit's to using Steve Konig's work and again it's copyrighted. And now you accuse me of having a "disproportionate ego" because I asked vanhoa to follow the GPL and include the source with the program or to first ask permission from the original author? That's just wrong...

Stefan's work was a demo... What's the point in writing a demo if users need to ask the permission to use it? <_< I suspect him to have added a copyright clause just to make it look professional btw :lol2: But of course a note in the program's credits would have been a good idea. :)

You can't deny that I was trying to help vanhoa do the right thing. vanhoa is violating the GPL and I was just trying to help him do the right thing.

"help him"? I don't think so.
I think you were actually waiting for the best opportunity to smash him as hard as you could, and when you discovered that vanhoa was indeed violating the copyright rules, you just took your chance. I may be wrong, but I think you didn't know that much about the GPL 6 months ago. And I still say that the idea of him possibly "stealing" your own code is making you sick.

I never said vanhoa was right. I can't approve what he did. And I must admit he does not often listen to the other's advices. But this is going too far. I really feel like a teacher in a shool trying to separate 2 kids fighting for their favorite toy :rolleyes: You can copy me as much as you want, but the fact is that your own attitude is as childish as his, whatever you say... I said you had a long way to go: start by learning moderation. ;)

And I guess I should better stop here before getting more contaminated :roflol: And to think I've been like that too... :lol2:

#97 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:24 AM

But don't play with words, I guess you got the idea. Btw, since you are speaking about dictionaries (and languages by extension), try to write your next long post in French and I will answer in French too; or better, try to do it in Vietnamese, you'll see how it is to argue with someone in another language. It may seems as an easy excuse, but don't forget that it is really frustrating to be unable to express exactly what you want and make you understand by others. :rolleyes:

I do understand the problems between expressing thoughts through different languages. That's why I don't play with words, I choose them carefully. But most people who can read can tell that there is a difference between "and" and "or" and I'm pretty sure that you can too. But it seems that anger must have overtaken thought. Remember computer programming? "Logical AND" and "logical OR" are completely different.

We know about this technic for more than 10 years. Do you really think you have invented something?

No, I have never said I have invented anything. But it's funny that you only talk about grayscales as it's some big thing. I've been mentioning for a long time that vanhoa also failed to provide the source code along with the program which is required by the GPL.

Stefan's work was a demo..

Well, why didn't you say that in the first place? You've could have said this many posts and even months ago.

I may be wrong, but I think you didn't know that much about the GPL 6 months ago.

You're actually right. I will admit I made mistakes, but a good friend, Andreas, told me what I was doing was wrong in how I was distributing GNU Rev-FX GCC. And he didn't say it in a rude way or anything, but as good guidance. Thanks to him, I've learned a lot and now I carefully read the licenses and do my research to ensure that what I've done is right and won't disappoint others. vanhoa however, is my inverse, unable to learn. If he feels that someone is trying to help him, he thinks he's dropping from the top ranks, which vanhoa thinks is unacceptable for himself. As I've said before, he needs to learn humility. Have you even tried educating vanhoa about the GPL? Have fun. :roflol:

I never said vanhoa was right. I can't approve what he did. And I must admit he does not often listen to the other's advices. But this is going too far.

I've never said vanhoa was wrong or right either. The first thing I pointed out, was that the source for gnuboy has to be distributed along the binary itself as that's what the GPL requires. A couple of posts later he says something to suggest that he will do it, and I thought, "Yay! Maybe vanhoa isn't so bad after all and maybe I was wrong..." But another release later, he still doesn't do it. vanhoa continued to persists and believe that his actions are right. And this was even way before we talked about grayscales. You can read the first page of this thread if you need to. I admit, I was angered, but that was because vanhoa was arguing about giving credit with PAP when vanhoa wasn't obviously doing the right thing himself. I believe you won't disagree with me on that.

But of course a note in the program's credits would have been a good idea. :)

It's not only a good idea, but would have prevented many troubles that we now have.

And I guess I should better stop here before getting more contaminated :roflol:

Let me extend and share with your thought. I should stop also. No matter how many times I post, there is no way I'm going to persuade vanhoa to do the right thing. Now I'm laughing at myself. PAP tried and failed, and so have I... Man, I wasted a lot of time, energy and effort trying to help a brick.

#98 kevinator9

kevinator9

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300
    Classpad Manager

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:08 AM

I think we all need a break from each other... seems like a possible personality clash... BTW happy BDay Kilburn.

#99 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

FYI, GNU GPL doesn't require the source code to be bundled with the binaries... It requires the source code to be available for anyone who wants it.

#100 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Blah

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

Bumpity bump for the sake of it, while our dear friend is here.

Just wondering if you have definitively abandoned this emulator. It seems that it doesn't work with the new OS, I've tried to run it with a proper ROM (something that actually worked for you and other people), then exit normally to see if this can fix my broken CP, but it just doesn't run at all. "Not enough system memory to run".
I'm pretty sure my permanent problem is due to some setting which has been modified, and never restored. Probably the kind of setting you should never mess with, since a reset or an OS update doesn't fix it.

This sucks, my parents will definitively never buy a new CP for me, and the guarantee is outdated a bit more than a year ago. Not that I can't code stuff, but having to backup data every time I compile an addin is pretty annoying.

By the way, noticed I've never told you, I got that error by trying to run Super Mario Land (the first one). If I remember correctly, it didn't raise a fatal error, but it completely froze, so I had to reset manually, and that's how I got the DRIVER INITIALIZATION ERROR. Also, blank fatal error when running it for the second time. It was just the FATAL ERROR dialog, with nothing under it.
Duh, your documentation is so hard to find. I've searched the forum about half an hour before finding in some random post that it couldn't run ROMs larger than 128 KB (or something like that), including Mario and Tetris.

Time for more details that may be useful. As I already told you months ago in my super rage post, all data is lost when getting a fatal error, changing the batteries, and manually resetting the CP. I've noticed that when woke up from power save mode, it didn't lose data, but the touch screen alignment got shifted about 20-30 pixels up (or down, I don't remember exactly).

That's all I've noticed. Thanks for helping... if you can.

#101 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

I am so sorry about it.

The addins itself shouldn't modify OS, the memory used for it to work is the system reserved one, which is very low since OS 3... One of the reason maybe the usage of PV's flash lib, but i think that this should not be the problem, since other application (like text editor/PV Merlin...) worked very well. So the real reason is, in my opinion, my trying to overclock the CP to a triple speed... Not everything is working at that speed, there're some slower part that can not work when the error occurs (?)...

At first I really think that it's only the problem with the OS, but updating the OS didnt help mean that the wrong part should be higher than the OS (as i think it isnt really a ROM image or st like that, it is just a set of dll's, exe's, drivers... which will be copied to some place of the memory when updating...), i am not sure at all... Extracting the OS's bin file is just easy: when installing it is at program files/casio/Classpad OS update as i can remember.

The wrong thing was caused by the software level, so i think it could be recovered by software, i still not very sure since Casio had to give a new CP 330 instead of repairing it...

I will try to get more info, since CP is very similar to PV, and PV experts might know the problem...

#102 Guest_AlexTheDooD_*

Guest_AlexTheDooD_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

Alright. Im rageing pretty hard right about now. I have noooo clue whatsoever how to get this working on my Classpad 330. I have downloaded version 1.1f from here

http://www.casiocalc...amp;load_that=1

and followed all the instructions throughout this thread. I read somewhere...

"Just open 2MCS.exe and then close it and a files called 'save.mcs' will appear with 'autosave.fls' as well. Just open save.mcs with ClassPad Manager and send main\memos to your CP and then onto GnuBoy with 2mcs (for older version) or in GnuBoy (new version)."

However, when I open 2MCS.exe, and then close it, the only file that appears is 'autosave.mcs'. I have a rom in the folder, I have Classpad Manager and the SDK, I just dont understand how to get this working. Can anybody help me out?

#103 Guest_Guest_jjaja_*_*

Guest_Guest_jjaja_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

Help,vanhoa......My classpad always says "insufficient system memory to run".......Even if I had initialized my classpad,it still shows the messege!Could you tell me why?!! :banghead:

#104 Guest_Guest_Help_*_*

Guest_Guest_Help_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:29 AM

hello
whenever i try to open up a rom in this i get the following error message:
"unsupport ROM size D4FF2"
what am i doing wrong?

i'm using the classpad 300 btw

#105 Guest_Guest_vanhoa_*_*

Guest_Guest_vanhoa_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

Help,vanhoa......My classpad always says "insufficient system memory to run".......Even if I had initialized my classpad,it still shows the messege!Could you tell me why?!! :banghead:

It seems that you are using OS 3.0 or higher, the free memory is not enouph for GnuBoy to run.

hello
whenever i try to open up a rom in this i get the following error message:
"unsupport ROM size D4FF2"
what am i doing wrong?

i'm using the classpad 300 btw

Yes, everythings showed in the sentence, the rom size D4FF2 is unsupport.

Anyways, I have to give a warn to anyone who still want to try this addin: I may turn your CP into a brick no more no less. I'm sorry but this addin was made when I'm not aware much about the affect of overclocking...

#106 Guest_Guest_jjaja_*_*

Guest_Guest_jjaja_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

:unsure: Then I must use os lower than 3.0?

#107 Guest_Guest_Dafedico_*_*

Guest_Guest_Dafedico_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:16 PM

Hi, I have a question...

GNUBoy works for Classpad 300? I Have a CP300 (year 2005 XD is old :roflol: ) with OS 3.03 I run the app and I always get a message "Insufficient System Memory to Run" to run the program in the calculator and I try even after restarting the calculator... why?

I used the CP Exec Speed app http://www.casiocalc.org/SITE/outpages/to/classpad-exec-s?load_that=1 but not any changes

#108 kevinator9

kevinator9

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300
    Classpad Manager

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:02 AM

Guys,
Noting all the guests on here having problems.
Pretty much this program could corrupt your classpad's os. I was fortunate and it didn't break mine.

I think the general concensus here is avoid this program...

#109 Meastroman

Meastroman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-9860 G

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hello,
I`ve a question.
I own a Casio FX-9860 G and i wanna know how i can get pokemon yellow or an old GB game on my calc??
thanx for replies :greengrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users