Volcano

Casio Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850 GB Plus WE

Posted 12 April 2003 - 06:05 PM

Well i have a suggestion to post after this Warning by Mohamed (Which i certainly agreed to).
I think the admins should report things they don't like that other users are doing in a more discree and carefull way. I think when a user does something against the rules you have set for this forum (or something that you don't like), this should be reported to this user (In a way that doesen't make him feel blamed :( ) at once, using personal messenger or something like that. Post like this might make new users scared to post, and people might be unsure what is allowed to do or not allowed to do :huh: (And that's not what we want, or what?)!

Also, i think we should have a chat room so users that wants to speak together in a faster more direct way can do this in that room instead of posting rapidly in the forum... :)

Im just trying to help (So nothing is meant as an offence against you admins or anyone else in this forum) :rolleyes:

#2 BiTwhise

BiTwhise

Casio Overgod

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Programming, games, consoles, martial arts

• Calculators:
    FX9700WE, CFX9970G, AFX2.0, Classpad 300

Posted 12 April 2003 - 06:19 PM

I agree, but Brazzucko was given hints earlier about calming down on the non-contributing posting.. (don't know if any PMs were sent..)

There is a chat room on chat.planetz.net if I'm not wrong,
though, an on-forum chat would be nice :)

#3 Clive_88

Clive_88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-180P, fx-602P, fx-82L, fx-7000GA, fx-61F, fx-3650P, Sharp EL-557, Sinclair Oxford 300

Posted 12 April 2003 - 09:10 PM

Took me ages to decide to write this!
The number of posts certainly seems to have nosedived :o
Am I contributing now? I don't know. What I do know is that I've been back several times today & re-read Mohamed's warning & as a new user who doesn't have that much relavant to say (my newest Casio is an fx-7000ga & can't do half the stuff your new calcs can) I found it quite intimidating.
However I did enjoy inserting my twopenneth every now & then (e.g. Duke Nukem Forever on Atari 2600, anyone?).
I guess perhaps this forum isn't for me ... :(

#4 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 12 April 2003 - 09:30 PM

No, Mohamed's post was just for people doing stuff like posting a single simlie or pointless post, and even then only when you do it to much (ex: to run up your total post number). We like having people post, but if your just going to insert an innane comment every now and then or instantly reply to a post kinda like its a chat room (which I admit I have been guilty of :unsure: ).
I think the point is to have quality posts over quantity posts... meaning if you want to thank someone or the like include it with more stuff when possible... or when someone asks you for ideas (or something) list as many as you can think of in a single post rather than in a succesion of posts over a few days... also use the edit button if you have something new and not much time has passed since you first posted.

in short dont outright spam and you will be fine, if an admin thinks your doing something wrong talk with them about it, there resonable guys (most of them :D :lol: :D ), and none of us want to lose members (unless someone has a personal vendetta aginst you :knife: ).

--EDIT--
even if you feel intemidated by the stuff in the main forum you can participate in the Free Discusion forum and this forum... plus sometimes its a person who has no clue about the what can and can't be done in games is who has the best ideas, I routinely ask my friends (all clueless TI users) what I should make a game about or what I should have in a game and they always say something like "Sim Copter would be cool" at which point I blanch then shake my head and get to work trying to do what I think is imposible... and to my suprise, sometimes I succede.

:)

plus, Brazzucko was over the line, I looked on the "Todays Top 10 Posters" and he had over 40 in just one day... I thought it was just a glitch at the time but now...

#5 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0+ : CFX-9850 GB Plus : TI-81

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:29 PM

I guess perhaps this forum isn't for me ... 

don't say that, your probably more useful than i am. :)

and crimson, did you really make sim copter?

#6 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:31 PM

:lol: no, that was one of the ones I gave up on... though I did make Rogue Spear.

#7 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 12 April 2003 - 11:53 PM

rouge spear as in the tom clancy game? for afx or cfx?

#8 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:17 AM

it was for cfx, but before you ask I lost it along time ago when my calc crashed, didn't have a cable at the time so it was never distributed or backed up on my computer... it wasn't my best game to date, but it had one very cool feature, it could be modded, just like the real game. you could add new weapons, items, people, ect or just modify pre-existing ones.

#9 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 01:49 AM

thats cool, what type of graghics did it have?

#10 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 02:53 AM

I'm not sure what you mean... :unsure:

#11 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:00 AM

i mean, does it have the gameboy like graphics or the duke nukem 3d type graphics, also how big was it?

#12 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:08 AM

3D, and while I dont remember the exact size it was about 9000b without mods.

#13 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:10 AM

9000 bytes, that's not bad. :)

#14 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:18 AM

Its consistant with my programming style at the time, I tried to use as much templated stuff as I could so I could just call a progam whenever I needed a certin thing. as I recall, each room had a number which coresponded to a cell in a matrix, so each map was only a single matrix filled with number templates.

#15 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:41 AM

pretty smart, maybe after you finish your tuturial, you could give me a few pointers on making a game like that. :)

#16 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:50 AM

this is truly the best advice I can give: ask an Idiot what to do, then try your hardest to do what he said... doing so will pit your intellegence aginst his stupidity and force you to think harder than you ever had to before, thus giving tons of insites which you can apply to less impossible projects. also, keep doing to same thing over and over, I have redone my RPG over 50 time and it keeps getting better, at one point I was intentionally quitting just so I could start over and make it better.

Also a CFX is a great calc to learn to program on, after a while you start cherishing every bite of memory and hating yourself for using to much. :profanity: :wub:

but sure, I'd be happy to help you.

#17 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:24 PM

Ok, as Volcano & Crimson said in their posts, this is not to scare anyone, and we're not dictators here, we only would like to have clean and quality posts, that's it.
The warning was just to set the rules and make it known to everyone.
Users who only come here and share something every now and then are totally welcome.
If anyone feels doubty about anything then tell us, admins have big hearts and good ears. :lol:

Considering warning members in a non-harmful way, this is what we do, I usually e-mail or PM members.
Several co-incidences of this type happened before and no other members knew of it. So don't worry.

A final word, this thread is a great example of how things get off-topic. <_<
Please, going off-topic is bad, don't do it.
I would have prefered that the last few posts between Crimson and Bob Vila were exchanged in the messenger or something. They were awfully off-topic.

I won't close this topic so if anyone would like to contribute to it.

#18 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 13 April 2003 - 01:24 PM

yeah, I know, sorry.... :( (me and bob thought we should provide a good example of what not to do :lol: )

( :( please don't hurt us! :( )

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

I was kinda suprised you guys didn't get peeved by my Stress Relief post, but then simon went and posted in it... hmm, mabey this will set the standard for firiviolus posts. :lol:

also, I dont know about you guys not being dictators... thats what all dictators say. :D

also, did someone delete the Brazzucko post? did you want to have my list?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users